***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread*** - Page 9
Like Tree3172Likes

Thread: ***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread***

Page 9 of 195 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Re: ***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread***

Great pair!
    Quote Originally Posted by sotroof View Post
    Signing up :)

East meets west
    Gorman22, sotroof, maxchua and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dowsing View Post

A bit of a better shot today taken by camera rather than on my phone.
    That may be the best after market band I have seen on this watch. Great choice, totally looks like a watch worn on an expedition.

Can anyone suggest a good place to get a replacement bezel? I'm thinking of getting one while these watches are still in production, the bezel on mine has picked up some decent scratches (someone mentioned earlier that it's quite soft, I'll have to agree!), I can imagine in 10-20 years it could be looking pretty trashy, so having a replacement on hand may be a good idea.
    Aerofish likes this.

Here's mine - sarb017 on a slightly modded Seiko President...
    dowsing, hb5 and DJW GB like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tkoz View Post
    Here's mine - sarb017 on a slightly modded Seiko President...
    That looks pretty good. Goes well with the retro vibe.

I bought an Alpinist last summer and just took it on vacation for a few weeks at the beginning of this month. I have 7 3/4 wrists, so by todays standards, it might be a smidgen small for me. Nonetheless, I enjoy it and appreciate the cool retro looks. I had to ditch the factory strap for something that fit me, so I ended up putting a GSD leather strap on it. Very comfortable combination, and I hardly know I have it on most of the time. Overall, I'm very positive about this watch.
    "The amount of eccentricity in a society has generally been proportional to the amount of genius, mental vigour, and moral courage which it contained."
    - John Stuart Mill

Is the D3A7AB bracelet (the actual one for the SARB017) discontinued by SEIKO?

I emailed Katsuhisa Higuchi and asked if I was able to get a SARB017 plus the bracelet and the response was a little cryptic. (A little hiccup in translation I am sure LOL) - "Thankyou for your request at higuchi-inc BUT D3A7AB has been sold out - We dont carry."

I take that I guess as being it is discontinued and they cannot get it?

Also... Anyone know if the current SARB017's being sold are the 6R15B still or are they the newer 6R15C movement? With the solid caseback, it's kinda hard to tell without opening it up? Can you tell from the serial number?
    Last edited by Druski; December 21st, 2013 at 18:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Druski View Post
    Is the D3A7AB bracelet (the actual one for the SARB017) discontinued by SEIKO?

I emailed Katsuhisa Higuchi and asked if I was able to get a SARB017 plus the bracelet and the response was a little cryptic. (A little hiccup in translation I am sure LOL) - "Thankyou for your request at higuchi-inc BUT D3A7AB has been sold out - We dont carry."

I take that I guess as being it is discontinued and they cannot get it?

Also... Anyone know if the current SARB017's being sold are the 6R15B still or are they the newer 6R15C movement? With the solid caseback, it's kinda hard to tell without opening it up? Can you tell from the serial number?
    Apparently it's sold out at Higuchi's, and I think 'WE DON'T CARRY' in this case just means: 'This article is currently out of stock'.
    Nothing more nothing less.
    I Googled for a while on this subject, but I could not find any indication that the D3A7AB is discontinued.
    Last edited by Johnny Wishbone; December 21st, 2013 at 19:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
    Apparently it's sold out at Higuchi's, and I think 'WE DON'T CARRY' in this case just means: 'This article is currently out of stock'.
    Nothing more nothing less.
    I Googled for a while on this subject, but I could not find any indication that the D3A7AB is discontinued.
    Yeah I Googled it as well and seen nothing definitive saying it was or was not as well... Looks like over on Chino-Watch they list the Bracelet as discontinued :(

Ill Email Seiya on Monday I guess and see if there is one to be had..

Quote Originally Posted by Druski View Post
    I've had mine open a few times recently regulating it (yes, yes, after bragging about how perfect it was! Pride before the fall and all that...) and can tell you that mine, made in March this year, has a 6R15C movement in it... Or at least that's what the rotor says.

What changed between the 'B' and 'C' models?

Page 9 of 195 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread Information