WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

** >> SHOW YOUR GRAND SEIKO << **

646K views 2K replies 538 participants last post by  argv 
#1 · (Edited)
Dear all,

I have had my Grand Seiko for close to three months now and have enjoyed it thoroughly ... There is nothing quite like it in the Sub 10K range ... In my opinion, it competes directly with JLC, Rolex & GO with respect to its size, comfort, finishing, dial and demeanor.

I recall having to search through many many threads to dig up some real life photographs of Grand Seikos before pulling the trigger ..

Given the growing interest in Grand Seikos, I would urge everyone to share photographs of their GS for fellow Seiko enthusiasts and new buyers..

Cheers

nishant

I would begin the thread with my SBGE001 .. a treasured possession !

See less See more
#404 ·
Beautiful watch, what strap is that? It looks like Horween Shell leather, may I ask who makes it? And how do you like it with the GS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#413 ·
Grand Seiko SBGR051

In case anyone wants to know a 1.2 mm Bergeon screwdriver worked great.
Stunning pictures!!
BTW, did you use the screwdriver to adjust the links?

I happened to use some cheap screwdriver set, and the result is damaging.
Got two deep scratches on link near the screw hole, damaged the screw head, and the screw itself couldn't be unscrew. Pity me !!

#419 · (Edited)
It's an absolute Pleasure looking at all these Beautiful GSs here. :p The interesting thing is that unlike their swiss counterparts who relies on aggressive or expensive marketing campaigns, Seiko doesn't do that for their GSs and yet it is still able to garner quite a following among watch enthusiast. This is testament to how great a watch it truly is. :-!

#424 ·
Here is my SBGR051. finest watch I have owned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice one Pete!
From memory I think I bought my first GS from you in the sales forum. Can't thank you enough for giving me my first opportunity to actually get my hands on one, and I've never looked back.
I have 2 now, the one on the right is my birth year watch, 1970, and it's been keeping time to within +/-5 seconds a day in the couple weeks I've had it so far!

#426 ·
Got this one in right before 2014. My second time owning this watch and I'm not letting it go again. Happy new year everyone!

Attachments

#432 ·
I'm drooling looking at these GS Spring Drives!
The GS SD has become (since it's introduction) my only (possibly) affordable grail watch. The quality is on par with the finest Swiss and German watches, with the massive added advanced of having the Spring Drive. The SD to me is THE sweetest movement available today regardless of price.
Sorry if I sound too much like a GS fanboy but their top tier qualities are self evident and well documented.

#436 · (Edited)
Here are my Grand Seikos, the Brand new SBGA095 Springdrive (limited edition, 300 watches) and the SBGX61 Quartz. Love both, but the Springdrive is really beautyful and smooth! The dial changes from almost black to chocolate brown. Fantastic sunburst dial. I have had it for 8 days, and it is spot on.

SBGA095:

I bought it from Arizona Fine Time, and Grand Seiko master watchmaker Junya Kamijo signed my box:

A few shots of my SBGX061. It hasn't lost or gained a second since June... I really like the ink black dial.

By the way - there is quite a difference between the SBGX61's 37mm and the SBGA095's 39mm.

Happy New Year!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.