WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

** >> SHOW YOUR GRAND SEIKO << **

646K views 2K replies 538 participants last post by  argv 
#1 · (Edited)
Dear all,

I have had my Grand Seiko for close to three months now and have enjoyed it thoroughly ... There is nothing quite like it in the Sub 10K range ... In my opinion, it competes directly with JLC, Rolex & GO with respect to its size, comfort, finishing, dial and demeanor.

I recall having to search through many many threads to dig up some real life photographs of Grand Seikos before pulling the trigger ..

Given the growing interest in Grand Seikos, I would urge everyone to share photographs of their GS for fellow Seiko enthusiasts and new buyers..

Cheers

nishant

I would begin the thread with my SBGE001 .. a treasured possession !

See less See more
#530 ·
Is that a reflection I see on the outside polished edges of the center links, or a polishing pattern?

#523 ·
Ahhhhh finally took the sapphire case-back. Was testing out a new lens so yeah. Here you go. Really love how the finishing just shines.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

#535 ·
Finally was able to scratch the year long itch over the weekend.
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Material property

Mine differs slightly from the poster above. My rotor is is also decorated with the Geneva striping.

One odd thing for anyone else owning this watch, the movement number at the base of the dial - mine reads 9R66 but the movement itself is engraved 9R65. Is it designed to be different in this way?

Finally, what do you guys do in taking the macro photo which enables the shot to be close enough, show the dial detail and not have the incident or directed light glare wash out the dial texture?

#536 ·
Finally was able to scratch the year long itch over the weekend.
View attachment 1424112

Mine differs slightly from the poster above. My rotor is is also decorated with the Geneva striping.

One odd thing for anyone else owning this watch, the movement number at the base of the dial - mine reads 9R66 but the movement itself is engraved 9R65. Is it designed to be different in this way?

Finally, what do you guys do in taking the macro photo which enables the shot to be close enough, show the dial detail and not have the incident or directed light glare wash out the dial texture?
That is very odd indeed. Can you please show some pics of your movement? Thanks

#543 ·
Some shots from our upcoming comparison: Snowflake versus Hi-Beat
Looking forward to this. Would you be able to look/post a picture of the Snowflake and show the movement code at 6 o'clock on the dial of your sample please? The images you have posted are identical to the watch I own.

CitizenM, yes I know that the 9R66 is for the GMT. It's why I asked. The dial is very much Snowflake of the SBGA011 and I have no doubt that its authentic as it came from an AD.

#557 ·
What made you get it back?
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
I always wanted to get one back. Now I had the right opportunity to get one BNIB from my preferred AD, Dan @ Timeless Luxury Watches and hence, wasted no time. It is just too gorgeous to neglect. With the MSRP down to 6500 bucks, the deal becomes even sweeter :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.