WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

** >> SHOW YOUR GRAND SEIKO << **

646K views 2K replies 538 participants last post by  argv 
#1 · (Edited)
Dear all,

I have had my Grand Seiko for close to three months now and have enjoyed it thoroughly ... There is nothing quite like it in the Sub 10K range ... In my opinion, it competes directly with JLC, Rolex & GO with respect to its size, comfort, finishing, dial and demeanor.

I recall having to search through many many threads to dig up some real life photographs of Grand Seikos before pulling the trigger ..

Given the growing interest in Grand Seikos, I would urge everyone to share photographs of their GS for fellow Seiko enthusiasts and new buyers..

Cheers

nishant

I would begin the thread with my SBGE001 .. a treasured possession !

See less See more
#646 ·
My GS

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Brand

From Left to right: SBGX103, SBGH001, SBGE005 and SBGA031

#649 ·
Very nice! I've been tempted by these last generation GS's for travel use because of the independent hour hand. Looks a lot sportier than my current SBGX061, so I would feel less guilty using it for sporty activities and getting it scratched a bit :)

Post more pics and your thoughts on it when you get it please :)

#651 ·

I love green. But it's look like black.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.
Sorry. My dirty English is Google Translate.

#660 ·
I can FINALLY contribute to this thread after following it for so long. Arrived in the post this morning from Texas. It's the first one (GS) I've ever seen in the steel and the WUS community was right again...perfection! Just have to re-size the bracelet for my thin wrists but the case size should be spot on for me.

View attachment 1541946
What a gorgeous piece!

Congrat :)

#661 ·
*****WARNING: NSFP (not safe for purists)*****

'VINTAGE' GRAND SEIKO '8N65-9021'.

-'Orphaned' 8N65 GS movement & dial c.1993 (+/-10secs per year).
I picked the 8N65 movement up on the 'bay about 11 months ago. I'm pretty sure the original case was scrapped for gold value, as they were heavily 18K accented.

-7N42-9021 case (1996).
Being a vintage kinda guy, I tried unsuccessfully to transplant the movement into some '60s & '70s Seiko cases, but always had stem alignment/operational issues with the depth of the case, etc. also, getting the exact inner diameter measurements, so that there was no dial movement, proved difficult. Plus, the cases were always a little heavy style-wise for the design details of the 8N65 dial. So I decided I was best to source a contemporary (1990s) case. This 7N42 case was the closest I could find, and even though it was thinner than my favoured '60s & '70s Seiko cases, still had that 'classic' thick-lugged Seiko dress watch style.

-1960s Seiko 'Beads of Rice' bracelet.
My favourite style of vintage Seiko bracelet, a nice match to the later case, and gives it that 'retro' look & feel I like.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

#662 ·

This cocktails name is "Grand Seiko". My Grand seiko and "Grand Seiko"

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk. Sorry. My dirty English is Google Translate.

#663 ·
had the chance to purchase one today but was in a rush and didn't have time to sort out the credit card issue. regretting the missed opportunity to own another LE Grand Seiko but come to think of it, the black sbgj003 was really what I wanted. Sbgj001 was equally pretty but too similar to my sbgr081.

#676 ·
OMG!!! Do you have a No.3? Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk. Sorry. My dirty English is Google Translate.

#679 ·
So with any new watch purchase, part of the fun is looking at a watch from every angle. Trying to find new details that make a watch unique. When I received my SBGJ005, my heart skipped a beat (more actually), when I noticed that the second hand had a defect. There was a slight bend near the tip going down to the dial. I immediately emailed Seiko Customer Service thinking that I needed to return the watch for repair or replacement. A few hours passed but I received a reply. To my relief, it turns out that the bend was really part of the design specifically for the SBGJ005. Tried to take a photo and this is the best shot I can muster...

To other and future SBGJ005 owners, please ease my mind even more and show the tip of your second hand! It's a bit off putting at first but I wonder why they did this? Are there other LE's with this kind of detail?

#680 ·
This is my SBGJ005.

#684 ·
New HAQ arrival from Japan. I thought it would be pretty hard to live up to the current 9F line of GS's, but this older model (SBGF017) is a stunner as well. Love the textured dial and hour markers, not to mention the two reasons I originally got it for: independently adjustable hour hand and lume!

This will probably be my travel and light sport watch going forward. Should complement my SBGX061 quite nicely and provide some features that I thought were a bit lacking on that model. :)

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

#685 ·
New HAQ arrival from Japan. I thought it would be pretty hard to live up to the current 9F line of GS's, but this older model (SBGF017) is a stunner as well. Love the textured dial and hour markers, not to mention the two reasons I originally got it for: independently adjustable hour hand and lume!

This will probably be my travel and light sport watch going forward. Should complement my SBGX061 quite nicely and provide some features that I thought were a bit lacking on that model. :)

View attachment 1554956
Very Good 8J Quartz, surprisingly this version has lume and adjustable hour hand but next version - 9F doesn't. Kinda surprising!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.