WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

** >> SHOW YOUR GRAND SEIKO << **

646K views 2K replies 538 participants last post by  argv 
#1 · (Edited)
Dear all,

I have had my Grand Seiko for close to three months now and have enjoyed it thoroughly ... There is nothing quite like it in the Sub 10K range ... In my opinion, it competes directly with JLC, Rolex & GO with respect to its size, comfort, finishing, dial and demeanor.

I recall having to search through many many threads to dig up some real life photographs of Grand Seikos before pulling the trigger ..

Given the growing interest in Grand Seikos, I would urge everyone to share photographs of their GS for fellow Seiko enthusiasts and new buyers..

Cheers

nishant

I would begin the thread with my SBGE001 .. a treasured possession !

See less See more
#691 ·
I miss having a Grand Seiko in my collection. With only one spot left in my watchbox I am going to save it for a Grand Seiko. Probably SBGR051. I had the black dial SBGR053 but went on to try other things but I haven't found anything else that gives me the same feeling as a GS.

The problem is I know if I buy the first one .....that eventually will lead to another and another....

#702 ·
Hi all,

I've always been a watch fan and turn a Seiko fan when my dad gave me his "5" many years ago. Been lusting for a GS and finally pulled the trigger!! I'm now a proud owner of a SBGR051!! Between my daily rotations of a Monster on mesh and a Rolex 6694 oyster, this is by far the most comfortable bracelet. I just moulds to your wrist. I love it!! I'm now on a search to find a tapered leather bracelet. Any suggestions on where to go??

Watch Analog watch Black Watch accessory Fashion accessory

#703 ·
I'm now on a search to find a tapered leather bracelet. Any suggestions on where to go??
It depends on the size of your lug width, but Seiya Japan sells a very nice genuine Grand Seiko crocodile strap (tapered). In the picture it looks plain, but in real life, it's super supple and obviously high quality.

#704 ·
I love the SBGR051 mroe and more every time I see it.
I have no regrets selling my black dialed SBGR053 because it had to go at the time, but realize that the shapeand proportion of the case is perfect for my wrist and the execution and finish flawless on these watches. I was considering pulling the trigger on a HAQ version of a Grand Seiko but think I'll save up for another auto.

#706 · (Edited)
I'm going to Shizukuishi. I assemble the 9S movement.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk. Sorry. My dirty English is Google Translate.

#711 ·
It won't job. I went to factory tour at Shizukuishi. I was overhauled 9S65. And I was assembled it.

And Japanese high speed railway.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk. Sorry. My dirty English is Google Translate.

#712 ·
Google Translate is horrible from Japanese to English. It's not Poppo's fault at all.

Can someone PM Poppo and get details on what's going on? I'm really intrigued. Does he work there, or did he just tour? I'm thinking he toured.

Reactions: poppo
#715 · (Edited)
Sorry,I can not speak English....

#716 · (Edited)
When I bought SBGJ005, I signed up to the lottery of the factory tour of Shizukuishi. At a later date, invitation the winners are wearing, I was written assemble 9S movement in the it.
And yesterday, I went to factory tour of Shizukuishi. I toured the factory first. I heard some interesting stories.

#1. Was processed from all raw materials, other ruby ​​is assembled at the factory.

#2. He have made from raw materials also tool.

#3. The overhaul of the machine quartz shock before, he are using still.

#4. The date change from past 12 o'clock, it was demand of customers in Japan.

After that, I made a practice of assembling 9S movement. On top of the desk, 9S65 movement and tools is was put. The overhaul it, it seems assemble. It was different from my imagination, but it was fun. He showed me a prototype of GS limited edition of JDM to last.

Added
Photo shoot in the factory had been prohibited.

#717 ·
Thanks, Poppo. That makes sense.

That must have been an amazing tour. I wish I could do the same some day.

Reactions: poppo
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.