WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

** >> SHOW YOUR GRAND SEIKO << **

646K views 2K replies 538 participants last post by  argv 
#1 · (Edited)
Dear all,

I have had my Grand Seiko for close to three months now and have enjoyed it thoroughly ... There is nothing quite like it in the Sub 10K range ... In my opinion, it competes directly with JLC, Rolex & GO with respect to its size, comfort, finishing, dial and demeanor.

I recall having to search through many many threads to dig up some real life photographs of Grand Seikos before pulling the trigger ..

Given the growing interest in Grand Seikos, I would urge everyone to share photographs of their GS for fellow Seiko enthusiasts and new buyers..

Cheers

nishant

I would begin the thread with my SBGE001 .. a treasured possession !

See less See more
#842 · (Edited)
Have to admit when I went for the SGBA105 I thought it was to be the dressier of my GS's. Turns out its the more sporty of the 2.

The SBGR083 has 19mm lugs which tapers to 18mm while the SBGA105 has 20mm lugs, also the bracelet is about 1mm thicker, which increases the weight on the wrist and feel of the bracelet, that and the more substantial lugs make it wear very differently to my 083, and far more comfortable, with the slope of the it lugs it hugs the wrist far better.

#839 ·
Yes, I'd have to say the self dater case is a bit better than the 44gs! Really like it

BUT!

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

#841 · (Edited)
I'll tell you this Domo, when I saw the A105 in person priced at roughly $5000, maybe even slightly less, I seriously considered having both in my collection!!! Plus my Snowflake!

Reactions: Domo
#872 ·
Happy new year everyone,

may it be a good one and bring you more Grand Seikos :D

Love the 62GS, but the 61GS Special really stands out with its super-rare original bracelet!
Congratulations - did you buy this last summer/fall on eBay (seller from Japan)?

Just please be very selective in case you decide to have the watch refurbished -
these sharp case lines are so easily destroyed by a cheap polish job, as can be seen on many of these Vintage Pieces...

Best
Hermann

#850 ·
I officially joined the Grand Seiko club last week when my amazing wife completely surprised me with an SBGT015. The GS is in good company beside my other "grand" Seiko's. I also have a 5626-7000 King Seiko and two 9943-8040 Grand Quartz's. For the record, my wife wears the Grand Quartz with original bracelet, and the GQ on the strap is mine. I love the vintage Seiko's, but the GS is my definitely my favorite. Enjoy the pics.
As always, inputs and critiques are always welcome. Thanks guys. Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Spoke Font Metal Steel Clock
Analog watch Watch Fashion accessory Material property Jewellery
Analog watch Clock Fashion accessory Watch Metal
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Box Perfume Watch

#858 ·
A little late...but these are literally my 2 grail watches. Great taste.

Jazzma ster;4905758 said:

#868 ·
Hello, Grand Seiko owners, I am planning to buy an SBGX095 or SBGX063. I need your opinion to know if the SBGX063 case, which measures 37mm looks good on a man's wrist or it looks better for a woman.
Consider that I am currently wearing a 40mm Seiko, and it fits greatly on my wrist.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.