WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

** >> SHOW YOUR GRAND SEIKO << **

646K views 2K replies 538 participants last post by  argv 
#1 · (Edited)
Dear all,

I have had my Grand Seiko for close to three months now and have enjoyed it thoroughly ... There is nothing quite like it in the Sub 10K range ... In my opinion, it competes directly with JLC, Rolex & GO with respect to its size, comfort, finishing, dial and demeanor.

I recall having to search through many many threads to dig up some real life photographs of Grand Seikos before pulling the trigger ..

Given the growing interest in Grand Seikos, I would urge everyone to share photographs of their GS for fellow Seiko enthusiasts and new buyers..

Cheers

nishant

I would begin the thread with my SBGE001 .. a treasured possession !

See less See more
#945 ·
This is my GS SBGH031 Hi-Beat Limited Edition for 300 worldwide (especially in Asia).

By the way, does anybody had a change to compare SBGE001, SBGE015, SBGE021 and SBGE029 at the same time? I am very excited about SBGE021 with the green dial, but there is no way to find it. I have a possibility to buy SBGE029, but in this case it could be another dark blue dial from GS as mine SBGH031.... And I am not sure about black/blue color combination as well. I saw SBGE001 already, tried on hand, I know it sounds weird, but I found them a bit cheaper look than even my SNA411.

So, what do you think? Or should I wait for Baselworld 2015, may be Seiko shows us something more exciting?

Attachments

#959 ·
Mine just came in. It's nothing special compared to some of you lot's stunning collections, but it's my first high-end Japanese watch and my first high-accuracy quartz.
It's from 1997 but I got very lucky in that I found one that was in un-worn condition. (Full boxes, papers, packing material, the battery had been pulled for storage, etc) It was given as a gift to a gentleman who never wore it.

I know the cliché is "Wait until you see a Grand Seiko in the flesh, etc etc" but, it's totally true. The case finish work is simply insane, the flat polished surfaces are truly without distortion and, for a quartz, the seconds-hand actually stops on the seconds markers. (Also, the bracelet is probably the most moronic example of over-engineering I've ever encountered, but it does make the bracelet more immune to long-term stretch.) Oh, and the bracelet has folded end links: I have never, ever seen folded end links fit this well. I honestly thought it had solid end links until I took the bracelet off.

OK, I'm gushing...I'll stop.

I'm already looking for a Spring Drive model...

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

#980 ·
Found myself drawn again to the GS I bought for myself a few years back.

SBGE001 is hence back in the stable :)
Great watch and "welcome back" - about time, after all, you started this thread :)

@ best_x_treme: you might be right, but I guess I cannot have everything :) Now 61GS Special, that is a language I understand :) However, since I am a sucker for original bracelets, I haven't yet managed to find one in good condition AND on bracelet :) One day, one day.

Best
H

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.