WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

** >> SHOW YOUR GRAND SEIKO << **

646K views 2K replies 538 participants last post by  argv 
#1 · (Edited)
Dear all,

I have had my Grand Seiko for close to three months now and have enjoyed it thoroughly ... There is nothing quite like it in the Sub 10K range ... In my opinion, it competes directly with JLC, Rolex & GO with respect to its size, comfort, finishing, dial and demeanor.

I recall having to search through many many threads to dig up some real life photographs of Grand Seikos before pulling the trigger ..

Given the growing interest in Grand Seikos, I would urge everyone to share photographs of their GS for fellow Seiko enthusiasts and new buyers..

Cheers

nishant

I would begin the thread with my SBGE001 .. a treasured possession !

See less See more
#1,242 ·
Here is my GS collection as it stands right now. Not planning on adding anything for a very very long time...

Analog watch Watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory Jewellery

My first was the GS GMT (SBGM021). I loved the lacquer dial, leather strap and blued GMT hand. This watch started my fascination (and addiction) with the "Rolex of Japan."

Next was the GS Chrono (SBGC001). I was not intending to get this watch but saw it at the Tourneau Outlet at (now sadly closed) San Marcos, TX. It was my first Spring Drive, and when the outlet was closing it out at a SIGNIFICANT discount (think more than half), it was a no-brainer.

There are certain things that I like about this watch. For one, it reminds me of a Seiko my grandfather used to wear. I don't know what it is, but it does. The controversial pushers also remind me of a Seiko stopwatch that my grandfather gave me as a little boy. Yeah. they probably look a little out of place on this watch, but I think the fact that they look like stopwatch pushers was part of the design cues of this watch.

I also like the fact the watch has GMT and the distinction between silver hands and blued hands - blued hands handle the chrono aspects of the watch.

And then there is the Snowflake (
SBGA011). So much has already been said about this watch - the dial, the titanium, the hands, the Spring Drive. This is one of the favorite watches in my entire collection and probably gets the most wear of the three. How the heck Seiko was able to polish the titanium like they did, I have no idea.

What a great watch brand. There is so much to love about them.

Adam

#1,245 ·
Here is my GS collection as it stands right now. Not planning on adding anything for a very very long time...

View attachment 4519842

My first was the GS GMT (SBGM021). I loved the lacquer dial, leather strap and blued GMT hand. This watch started my fascination (and addiction) with the "Rolex of Japan."

Next was the GS Chrono (SBGC001). I was not intending to get this watch but saw it at the Tourneau Outlet at (now sadly closed) San Marcos, TX. It was my first Spring Drive, and when the outlet was closing it out at a SIGNIFICANT discount (think more than half), it was a no-brainer.

There are certain things that I like about this watch. For one, it reminds me of a Seiko my grandfather used to wear. I don't know what it is, but it does. The controversial pushers also remind me of a Seiko stopwatch that my grandfather gave me as a little boy. Yeah. they probably look a little out of place on this watch, but I think the fact that they look like stopwatch pushers was part of the design cues of this watch.

I also like the fact the watch has GMT and the distinction between silver hands and blued hands - blued hands handle the chrono aspects of the watch.

And then there is the Snowflake (
SBGA011). So much has already been said about this watch - the dial, the titanium, the hands, the Spring Drive. This is one of the favorite watches in my entire collection and probably gets the most wear of the three. How the heck Seiko was able to polish the titanium like they did, I have no idea.

What a great watch brand. There is so much to love about them.

Adam
You did not mention the comfort of the elongated pushers on the hand, is it something to get used to?

send from AZ

#1,249 ·
Thanks, William! I can only say that the comments I've seen about the GS having a little something extra when seen in person are true.

#1,267 ·
I Just became the new owner of a GS last week. Like everyone says here the detail is amazing and it's so comfortable to wear. I like how it's below the radar and my non-WIS buddies think I'm crazy for spending that much on Seiko.

Model #. SBGA003

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.