WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

** >> SHOW YOUR GRAND SEIKO << **

646K views 2K replies 538 participants last post by  argv 
#1 · (Edited)
Dear all,

I have had my Grand Seiko for close to three months now and have enjoyed it thoroughly ... There is nothing quite like it in the Sub 10K range ... In my opinion, it competes directly with JLC, Rolex & GO with respect to its size, comfort, finishing, dial and demeanor.

I recall having to search through many many threads to dig up some real life photographs of Grand Seikos before pulling the trigger ..

Given the growing interest in Grand Seikos, I would urge everyone to share photographs of their GS for fellow Seiko enthusiasts and new buyers..

Cheers

nishant

I would begin the thread with my SBGE001 .. a treasured possession !

See less See more
#1,347 ·
It wears smaller than expected. Something to get used to. A mm or 2 larger would be perfect. Nonetheless, it's a gorgeous piece.

This looks *perfect* on your wrist. Don't be fooled by the garish size of watches that people are wearing this day and age. The lugs perfectly position on the sides of your wrist!

#1,348 ·
This looks *perfect* on your wrist. Don't be fooled by the garish size of watches that people are wearing this day and age. The lugs perfectly position on the sides of your wrist!
What Bigsom said is correct ! I also had the same impression when I tried a GS for the first time, but I was wrong. I realised now that I did not know anything about proportion before.

#1,351 ·
Brand new SBGV007. Amazing watch. I may post more impressions later today. In the meantime, I will say I am very excited, and plug forum sponsor and new GS-AD Topper Jewelery. I had a great buying experience from Rob and Russ.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Silver

#1,354 ·
Perhaps it's the angle, perhaps it's indeed right for the wrist.

I'm used to the latter one.
The Longines looks smaller because the dial is smaller. The GS looks great on you but I definitely would not get anything larger with that kind of dial and case design. Enjoy the GS, it's a beauty!

#1,365 ·
Just arrived today. SBGH039.

Looks like a black dial under most indoor lighting...

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

But has an incredible variety and depth of color in bright light and pure sunlight...

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

I took these quickly while I still had some sunlight after work, but they really don't even come close to accurately depicting the complexity of this dial. It's really amazing.

#1,366 ·
Just arrived today. SBGH039.

Looks like a black dial under most indoor lighting...
Very nice piece ! The dark dial is very nice too with that case. I own the SBGA125 with the same case and I am very happy I bought that one and not the snowflake. the case is somewhat nicer I think (shorter lug to lug ; the way the lugs ends and are polished is so neat ; the high crystal dome make the dial very open, don't you think...).

Don't hesitate to put more picture of it in other lights, we don't see that model often.

Enjoy your SBGH039, lucky you!

#1,368 ·
Very nice piece !

Don't hesitate to put more picture of it in other lights, we don't see that model often.

Enjoy your SBGH039, lucky you!
Thanks.

I'm going to take some more pics this weekend to try to better capture the variation of colors you see under different lighting. I'll put up a thread specifically about this dial. I'll be better able to describe it after spending a couple days with it, but it is unlike any watch I've ever seen. Far beyond anything I could have imagined by seeing pics online. I absolutely could not be happier.

It's a 2015 piece, limited to 700 worldwide, so it's not surprising none have shown up yet. I think they just came out in July or June.

#1,371 ·
not a bad first post

View attachment 5213282

SBGA085 - modern "basic" spring drive
SBGR019 - automatic "diver" from 2001 (hexagonal bezel and bracelet elements, carbon pattern dial, still runs @ +1sec/day)
SBGX083 - quartz (red tip seconds hand & crown guard)

Sorry for quality of pics - phone camera.

#1,375 ·
Just arrived today SBGX065 HAQ. Just need to take it in to get it sized since my set of jewelry screwdrivers doesn't have a size small enough for the screws.

Box Fashion accessory Watch

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.