WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

** >> SHOW YOUR GRAND SEIKO << **

646K views 2K replies 538 participants last post by  argv 
#1 · (Edited)
Dear all,

I have had my Grand Seiko for close to three months now and have enjoyed it thoroughly ... There is nothing quite like it in the Sub 10K range ... In my opinion, it competes directly with JLC, Rolex & GO with respect to its size, comfort, finishing, dial and demeanor.

I recall having to search through many many threads to dig up some real life photographs of Grand Seikos before pulling the trigger ..

Given the growing interest in Grand Seikos, I would urge everyone to share photographs of their GS for fellow Seiko enthusiasts and new buyers..

Cheers

nishant

I would begin the thread with my SBGE001 .. a treasured possession !

See less See more
#1,381 ·
Joined the club. :)

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Fashion accessory Metal Jewellery Material property Silver

Traveling in Japan and didnt have a GS purchase planned, considering the listed MSRP. I also wanted a mechanical GS with lume, which limited my choices considerably.

FYI, I ended up purchasing the SBGA101 for almost 15% discount off MSRP (tourist tax free + VISA 5% discount) at Yodobashi. Given the current exchange rates against weaker Yen, this was a no-brainer.

Sorry for crappy mobile pics, on a train at the moment, better ones to follow.

I also realized later that it is the same model I saw on a GS poster at the airport. Subliminal marketing at work!

Sent from my SM-N9100 using Tapatalk

#1,384 ·
Hi guys,

My new humble timepiece sitting along side my wife's uncle's Credor. Apologies for low quality pic.
While I respect the quality of the Credor, your 'Blizzard' (I believe that's what it is), certainly holds its own - what a beautifully classic, and elegant piece, especially on leather. I'd love to see it on brown alligator. I'm shocked they haven't sold out already.

#1,388 ·
Thanks for all the kind words guys.

@TOPTISHKIN it is the Signo GBAQ961, my pictures really do not do it justice. It is stunning in real life.

@tkoz yes you are correct it is the SBGA125 aka Blizzard. Unfortunately I do not like alligator straps, which is why I asked GS to make me a Shell Cordovan one. Saying that the strap on the Credor feels incredible.

Here are some more pics :)

#1,391 ·
^Bracelet. I love pilot straps but doesn't work for me without a sportier watch. Love the blue dial though.

#1,392 ·
Agree MrTickle!
The bracelet definitely works best. In fact, I usually take out the bundt and simply use the blue strap and that works better too. But every now and then, with jeans and a tshirt, I do think the pilot strap works. The watch is angular enough and tall enough that it doesn't seem out of place (to me).

#1,398 ·
I have the SBGA003. Which is pretty similar to this but essentially the black version of the snowflake. I saw these in japan but that ugly flat power reserve and the very circular case threw me off it. My one has a more traditional GS look IMO. But I guess different tastes ey maybe you wanted something more modern. Spring drives are great though so enjoy!

#1,399 ·
I love the traditional-styled GS models, but I couldn't pass up a spring drive I can take for a swim as well as see the time in the dark. I get annoyed at a watch if I can't read it in the dark: "Why did I spend so much money on you, you're useless!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.