WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

** >> SHOW YOUR GRAND SEIKO << **

646K views 2K replies 538 participants last post by  argv 
#1 · (Edited)
Dear all,

I have had my Grand Seiko for close to three months now and have enjoyed it thoroughly ... There is nothing quite like it in the Sub 10K range ... In my opinion, it competes directly with JLC, Rolex & GO with respect to its size, comfort, finishing, dial and demeanor.

I recall having to search through many many threads to dig up some real life photographs of Grand Seikos before pulling the trigger ..

Given the growing interest in Grand Seikos, I would urge everyone to share photographs of their GS for fellow Seiko enthusiasts and new buyers..

Cheers

nishant

I would begin the thread with my SBGE001 .. a treasured possession !

See less See more
#1,419 ·
Well, beautifull seikos all around. Nevertheless I sold my SBGX059 because my eyes could not easily get a grip on the watch. It was like a shimmering diamond, I kept looking for points of attraction. But there are none! The watch is too balanced and overall mesmerizing. There will be another GS, but not this one, no light dials!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

#1,421 ·
Well, beautifull seikos all around. Nevertheless I sold my SBGX059 because my eyes could not easily get a grip on the watch. It was like a shimmering diamond, I kept looking for points of attraction. But there are none! The watch is too balanced and overall mesmerizing. There will be another GS, but not this one, no light dials!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Ha! In same situation with recently acquired SBGR095. Watch just feels too exquisite for my lifestyle! Haven't worn it yet...

#1,430 ·
1st Grand Seiko but not last....
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Photograph

#1,431 ·
Interesting observation... this thread started 3/23/12.

Year 1: 25 pages
Year 2: 30 pages + 20%
Year 3: 41 pages +36%
Year 4: 46 pages through 7 months... 79 pages if we straight-line things out +92%

#1,434 ·
Don't forget to share your Snowflake and new comer SBGH035 (when it arrives).

#1,444 ·
Sadly not *my* Grand Seiko, but from this article (was this the controversial 'wonky logo' show?) at Hodinkee https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/hodinkee-and-seiko-event

Basically imagine a GS channeling everyone's favourite Alpinist, the SARB017. Could it be done? *Jeremy Clarkson voice* Oooooh YES it can, and HERE it IS...

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

So green! So shiny! Much want!

#1,445 ·
#1,447 ·
I love the SBGE033. A future classic that one! The lume, the green, and that perfect 3-way match between the chapter ring and the GMT hand, and the GMT hand tip and the 'GMT' on the dial in red. It's really spot on. Display back too! If I didn't have too much GS overlap as it is, I'd be aaaaaaalllll over that!

#1,448 ·
Got a few extra pics in the archive not sure if I posted these ones yet. The problem is not only do I look at my Grand Seikos way more then my other watches I love taking tons of pictures. They just look so different in various lighting and environments. I'm always thinking "wow thats a different look gotta take a pic of it now" LOL So here's a few more of my High Beat and Spring Drive. I really feel like I reached GS Nirvana with these two....
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Metal Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Photograph Fashion accessory

Font Space

Analog watch Watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory

Fashion accessory Jewellery Wrist Watch Turquoise

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Metal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.