WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

** >> SHOW YOUR GRAND SEIKO << **

646K views 2K replies 538 participants last post by  argv 
#1 · (Edited)
Dear all,

I have had my Grand Seiko for close to three months now and have enjoyed it thoroughly ... There is nothing quite like it in the Sub 10K range ... In my opinion, it competes directly with JLC, Rolex & GO with respect to its size, comfort, finishing, dial and demeanor.

I recall having to search through many many threads to dig up some real life photographs of Grand Seikos before pulling the trigger ..

Given the growing interest in Grand Seikos, I would urge everyone to share photographs of their GS for fellow Seiko enthusiasts and new buyers..

Cheers

nishant

I would begin the thread with my SBGE001 .. a treasured possession !

See less See more
#275 · (Edited)
Hi All, like other aficionado, I've constantly in search for the best possible timepiece within my set criteria says budget, style & design, accuracy, etc and most important of all for me is the story that goes along with that piece. After a while, I think I have found one and I am enjoying it immensely.

To my surprise, even within our small watch community in my country, it is not easy to find ones who share the same joy and choice as mine and I think I can understand why. So with much pleasure and excitement, I would like to share my SBGR061 with you all here :). Thanks for watching!

Watch Analog watch Photograph Watch accessory Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Photograph Watch accessory Fashion accessory

Watch accessory Watch Font Brand Fashion accessory

Auto part Vehicle Photography Car Automotive wheel system

Scissors

Photography

Vehicle Rim Fashion accessory Car Helmet

Fashion accessory Material property Rectangle

#278 ·
Hi All, like other aficionado, I've constantly in search for the best possible timepiece within my set criteria says budget, style & design, accuracy, etc and most important of all for me is the story that goes along with that piece. After a while, I think I have found one and I am enjoying it immensely.

To my surprise, even within our small watch community in my country, it is not easy to find ones who share the same joy and choice as mine and I think I can understand why. So with much pleasure and excitement, I would like to share my SBGR061 with you all here :). Thanks for watching!

View attachment 1097271

View attachment 1097282
Some of the best shots of a GS I ve ever come across.
Well Done !

#288 ·
Ok - so - first post on WUS so here goes...

Firstly - I'm relatively new to this passion (affliction?) called, for lack of a better term at the moment, watch collecting and while I have certain feelings for few brands, GS has captured my eye (and my time perving at them online!) like no other. I'm getting one...or two. Dammit! I'm going to need to attend weekly group meetings soon...

I'm keen on the SGGH001 (High Beat in SS) and I'm also really digging the Seiko Cocktail time. My concern is wrist size. By my crude measure I put wrist at 7 & 7/8" or for my fellow Canucks, 20 cm. Am I ok with GS and S's standard strap size or will I need to upsize the strap.

Also - for my home boys/girls in TO - is there anyone in the GTA that you'd trust for "simple" fixes on your GS's? I know that GS's have to go back to Japan for servicing, etc. but was wondering if there was anywhere in Toronto that stood out as being THE place to take your GS versus your local watchmaker. Pretty sure I couldn't roll into Royal de Versailles on Bloor and say "Hey - take a look at my kick ass GS that I didn't purchase here!" They'd love that.

Anyway, congrats to all on the GS's. Stunners all of them. I hope to join your club soon.

#291 · (Edited)

The 9S64 inside the SBGW033.

I like photography a lot and the reason why I like watches so much is the craftsmanship and the attention to detail. Yes, taking apart expensive watches is a sweat-drenching experience. However, its very rewarding to see the work put in. Like for example if you look at the Grand Seiko's movement, you can see one of the jewels is supported by a gold collar. Even my Omega doesn't have it and its similar in class to Pateks and Lange who have it!

Watch Watch accessory Material property Fashion accessory Metal

#293 ·
I feel embarrassed to show my GS -- apparently the only non-calendar GS ever produced: My humble SBGX009. Well, I guess it's in good company. Neither my Credor GBBE989, nor my Credor GLCH999, have calendar function. But, I guess it's good to have the poor-cousin GS at the picnic -- it makes the others look even better!

Attachments

#301 ·
WOW !!! Just WOW !!! I love balanced dials as these ...
U ought to share some pictures of your Credor timepieces here ...

#294 ·
I'm so clueless I placed my post smack-dab in the middle of a 30 page thread! LOL Ol' Timers disease, for sure! Well, here it is again, at the end -- where it belongs. ;?)

I feel embarrassed to show my GS -- apparently the only non-calendar GS ever produced: My humble SBGX009. Well, I guess it's in good company. Neither my Credor GBBE989, nor my Credor GLCH999, have calendar function. But, I guess it's good to have the poor-cousin GS at the picnic -- it makes the others look even better!

Attachments

#299 · (Edited)
Analog watch Watch accessory Watch Fashion accessory Material property

My first post, and only GS.
This is a 6146-8000 from August 1968.
Only had it for a week so far.
On the wrist it runs an average of +7 s/day (16 hours = +4.6 sec).
If I place it crown down, it loses 5 seconds overnight (8 hours).
Thus over 24 hours it is -0.4 s/day.

I've been placing it in various positions for a few hours at a time and came up with this:
Face Up: -3s/24hrs
Face Down: +15s/24hrs
Crown Up: +20s/24hrs
Crown Down: -15s/24hrs
Crown Right: +3.6s/24hrs
Crown Left: +2.3s/24hrs

Quite a lot of variation for a COSC capable GS....mind you, these figures are extrapolated from 6-12 hours in each position.
The watch has not been serviced or regulated to my knowledge and is 45 years old.
I'd like to know from others with similar watches if they have similar variation now.
Probably no one will 'fess up!
:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.