WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

** >> SHOW YOUR GRAND SEIKO << **

646K views 2K replies 538 participants last post by  argv 
#1 · (Edited)
Dear all,

I have had my Grand Seiko for close to three months now and have enjoyed it thoroughly ... There is nothing quite like it in the Sub 10K range ... In my opinion, it competes directly with JLC, Rolex & GO with respect to its size, comfort, finishing, dial and demeanor.

I recall having to search through many many threads to dig up some real life photographs of Grand Seikos before pulling the trigger ..

Given the growing interest in Grand Seikos, I would urge everyone to share photographs of their GS for fellow Seiko enthusiasts and new buyers..

Cheers

nishant

I would begin the thread with my SBGE001 .. a treasured possession !

See less See more
#2 ·
I can't show one off but your model is my favorite Grand Seiko sports watch to date!

Reactions: rsr911
#9 ·
The SBGE001 is one of my favorite. I recently had a get together with a good friend who is a Swiss Watch collector, but doesn't know much about high-end Japanese watches. He saw my SBGE001 and said, boy, that Seiko sure does look expensive...

I just purchased another GS today. Will snap some pics and post them next week.

Here are a few pictures of my current line up.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Watch accessory Metal Fashion accessory Titanium

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Wrist Fashion accessory

#27 ·
The SBGE001 is one of my favorite. I recently had a get together with a good friend who is a Swiss Watch collector, but doesn't know much about high-end Japanese watches. He saw my SBGE001 and said, boy, that Seiko sure does look expensive...

I just purchased another GS today. Will snap some pics and post them next week.

Here are a few pictures of my current line up.

View attachment 661018
View attachment 661025
View attachment 661026
View attachment 661028
Can you tell us which models those are? I'm eager to learn what's what.

#10 ·
The SBGE001 is my Grail Grand Seiko the more I see it he more I want it.
I LOVE THIS WATCH!!!
Major congrats to all of the Grand Seiko owners!
-O

#12 ·
sriswit, that Snowflake would have to be my grail dress watch, that's if anyone would ever let me into any of those fancy enough places to wear one. ;-)

Reactions: BratJH and kfalk
#16 ·
BTW when the Seiko Boutique in Toronto was closing back in Autumn, the SBGE001 was discounted to around $3300CAD I'm not joking.
Are you [bleeping] serious?

The Seiko Boutique was still listed on the Seiko Ananta site after the store closed.

I went there to check out Ananta's and it was closed, if I was there a month or so earlier I would have bought something on the spot at prices like that.

#17 · (Edited)
Trust me my jaw dropped when I saw the $3000 discount lol! It was back in late August I think. I wanted the Hi Beat 36k Auto but they said they never carried it.

Your only local solution now is that watch store at First Markham Place (same as the one at Pacific Mall but the owners attend the 1st Markham store). They have Ananta models on display. The owner told me she can get Grand Seiko from the distributor with 30% discount. Ask nicely and she'll do it (helps if you're Asian lol). :D

#18 ·
Thanks, this is very helpful.

I'm no longer interested in Anantas, I now lust for a Grand Seiko, specifically the Snowflake. I'll still make a trip to see if they have Spring Drive Anantas, I'd love to see the movement.

Lol, I can't speak Cantonese but can understand a bit. If anything I'll give my dad the monies and send him when I'm ready to buy a Grand Seiko.

#67 ·
My SBGR051, as shown on my wrist today at work:

[img of SBRG051]
krayzie, bhall41, and anyone else who owns or has tried on the SBGR051/053: I'm trying to decide on a Grand Seiko, and I'm starting to lean in the direction of the SBGR051/053 (automatic, without crown guards). Seiya has these listed at 35mm in case diameter. Is this accurate? This seems awfully small, although I suppose it's only a millimeter narrower than the Datejust.

bhall41, the watch does not look at all small on your wrist. May I ask your wrist measurement? How does the watch wear?

Also, to all Grand Seiko owners, which of the models do and do not have microadjusting clasps?

#26 ·
Ok under extreme pressure from my exhibitionist nature here are my two grand seiko watches.
the first watch is a gold 6146-8000 which I have owned since new over forty two years. The second came from Korea and is a 4522-7010 manual wind which I am wearing as I type.

Attachments

#34 ·
My trio...

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Analog watch Black Watch accessory Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

#36 · (Edited)
Great pics everybody. It's good to see that GS appreciation is growing.

Here's mine, a SBGH001 Hi-Beat (currently being repaired under warranty :-():

It will be a great day when I get it back!

And this is my King Seiko 45-7000. A bit of cheating, becasue it's not a GS, but KS is just as sweet IMO. And as you can tell I LOVE Hi-Beat!

#41 ·
Thanks to everyone for posting their pictures on this thread.. What a treat to the eyes !!!! :)
Every GS skeptic doubting their high-end craftsmanship should be referred to this thread.. there's a watch for everyone's taste around here ..
Keep em coming ... Its all about the pictures ! Does anybody have videos ?

Cheers,
nishant

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.