**NEW and UPCOMING Seiko watches** - Page 30
Like Tree5855Likes

Thread: **NEW and UPCOMING Seiko watches**

Page 30 of 369 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Re: **NEW and UPCOMING Seiko watches**

The whole premise is so full of win, even if it's a hoax Seiko need to jump on it and make it real. Retro is fashionable. Classic is awesome. They can't not have a hit on their hands, especially at that price point although I'd love to see Prospex and even GS models with a similar style.

In fact, cards on the table - a Grand Seiko turtle-styled diver? I'd put my money down in a heartbeat.
    longstride and banderor like this.
    The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by LordBrettSinclair View Post
    They can't not have a hit on their hands, especially at that price point although I'd love to see Prospex and even GS models with a similar style.
    But they are Prospex. They have the Prospex X on the dial.

This certainly looks fake to me.

Check out the 2 images we have:

Name:  6309-02.jpg
Views: 2603
Size:  51.7 KB

Name:  6309-01.jpg
Views: 2604
Size:  47.5 KB

Case & Lugs
    Compare the lugs, and where the bracelet ends. You can see some of the cushion case between the bracelet and the bezel in the second one, but not the first.

Lighting in the 1st Image
    In the first image, why is the bezel, dial, and crown so vivid and dark, but the case and bracelet are so faded. The first image is very much a stitching of at least 2 images.

Wednesday 2nd?
    Looking back through this thread, ALL official Seiko images show the watch with a date of Sunday 6 (or just 6 if no day). There's some professional grade images that aren't Sunday 6, but all Seiko ones seem to have this date.

Bezel Differences
    It could be because of how the contrast was set up on the images, but the dots around the bezel look noticeable bigger in the second image.

Copy-Paste?
    In the 2nd image, I tried to overlap each watch on each other to see if there was an obvious copy-paste, but I found each image was *slightly* different, stretched either vertically or horizontally, or the image was off by half a pixel. There aren't any obvious image artefacts shared on each watch in the second image. I suspect they created the image in high resolution with slight variance on each image (eg, stretches in one axis), scaled the image down, and saved it as a noisy JPG. If fake, the 2nd image is done MUCH better than the first.

Conclusion
    In my unprofessional opinion, I really think this is all a hoax. The first image has absolutely terrible editing (the lighting, the way the bracelet just continues under the bezel, etc.) and is obviously not just a photo. The second one is way more convincing, so much so that nothing about the pixels themselves has convinced me 100% that it's doctored. I haven't actually inspected any official Seiko images in this fashion, so perhaps they are indeed official and they just did a bad job on their own images in this case. That being said, the date is the smoking gun for me. Seriously, look at all Seiko photos and take note of the date.

If it's not fake, wow, Seiko really has some room to improve when it comes to their official images. If it is fake, I hope Seiko will take heed of the excitement this generated. And shame on the original person who made these; why would you put the prospex logo on the dial?!?
    Ahriman4891 and luth_ukail like this.

i have a hunch that it is fake. but im still hoping seiko see this thread and response to it. this is Wus anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bender View Post
    just an update. SRP773 SRP775 SRP777 SRP779 will be released this December while the SRP787K1 and SRP789K1 will be released in May/June 2016.
    What is the source? This cant be a hoax and have a release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmodromedary View Post
    But they are Prospex. They have the Prospex X on the dial.
    Dude, you need to get over yourself. One day the Prospex logo will become desirable. in 1971 I'm sure some grognard shook his head at the Pogue's coloured dial.
    The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

Hope it's not an hoax, the mate reporting the release date is an old time member... got to be true... and I NEED ONE!
    giorgos mg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pk_diver View Post
    Hope it's not an hoax, the mate reporting the release date is an old time member... got to be true... and I NEED ONE!
    According to another forum,it has confirmed that watches with those model numbers are going to be released next year but what has not been confirmed is if those models are the watches in the pictures.

maybe only thing that bother me is the coding. how does SRP replacing a SKX? like The SKX???

Quote Originally Posted by luth_ukail View Post
    maybe only thing that bother me is the coding. how does SRP replacing a SKX? like The SKX???

I think that is has to do with the different movement. Skx=7s26 and srp=4r36.

Page 30 of 369 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Thread Information