**NEW and UPCOMING Seiko watches** - Page 31
Like Tree5034Likes

Thread: **NEW and UPCOMING Seiko watches**

Page 31 of 325 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Re: **NEW and UPCOMING Seiko watches**

Quote Originally Posted by LordBrettSinclair View Post
    The whole premise is so full of win, even if it's a hoax Seiko need to jump on it and make it real. Retro is fashionable. Classic is awesome.
    Seiko's not alone in failing to leverage iconic past designs.

There was a thread on WUS recently on a Bulova chronograph worn on the moon. If Bulova (which is owned by Citizen) reproduced it, I think they'd have a hit on their hands.

They could put something like a 27-jewel ETA Quartz Thermoline movement in it (which I believe is accurate to +/- 10 seconds a year, has an independent hour hand & perpetual calendar). That's the movement the Certina DS 2 PerciDrive Chronograph uses.

Bulova also made iconic digital watches in the 1970s they could reproduce. And no current production version of the original Accutron? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by mikethebike67 View Post
    I think that is has to do with the different movement. Skx=7s26 and srp=4r36.
    Well i know the movement is different and upgraded. but i just can't associate the iconic with the terms SRP.

Not in a good way.

And i thought the build of an SKX watch is a bit hinger in finish compared to the SRP.

But nvm, the watch we are discussing now maybe don't even exist.
    my watch quest is done.

i concluded that the new Tudor Blackbay 36 is the new ultimate everyday watch. - is what i wanted to say for myself. Unfortunately, the watch that really excites me is the Pilot watch.

And in that, i want to announce to everyone i have found my grail - the IWC Mark XVIII. So that's that folks. Goodbye Watchuseek, i have found mine.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmodromedary View Post
    But they are Prospex. They have the Prospex X on the dial.
    Dude, you need to get over yourself. One day the Prospex logo will become desirable. in 1971 I'm sure some grognard shook his head at the Pogue's coloured dial.
    Errr... You wished for a Prospect version. I pointed out that the images do indeed appear to be of Prospex versions. Not sure why that upset you.
    Perhaps with all the recent criticism of the logo you mistook my post for a complaint. That's not the case. I don't mind the logo at all. My 637 has the logo and I quite like it.
    Greg Akin likes this.

I was a bit sceptical at first about the 6309 reissues, but it's in line with what Seiko has done in the past so I don't think we can discount them just because of the poor quality of the images.

Last year they came out with the Recraft series, they were originally seen in March in some poor quality scans - these ones below- and a lot of people thought it was a bad photoshop.

Name:  g4r5.jpg
Views: 1660
Size:  46.4 KB

Then later in about August some better quality images emerged (and they were released around this time) - these ones below - and these also have the same Wednesday the 2nd date that the new 6309 reissues have. A lot of the official images from Seiko have different dates, Wed 2 and Sun 6 are both just as common, but not the only dates that are used.

I think that until it gets closer to the date, we may not get better images than the ones we have now. But I'm still hopeful it's true :)
    Grand Seiko SBGR053 ¦ Seiko SBDX001 'MM300' ¦ Seiko SBBN013 'Darth Tuna' ¦ Hamilton Pan Europ ¦ Oris Aquis ¦ Nomos Tangomat Datum

somebody is just way over his head i think.
    my watch quest is done.

i concluded that the new Tudor Blackbay 36 is the new ultimate everyday watch. - is what i wanted to say for myself. Unfortunately, the watch that really excites me is the Pilot watch.

And in that, i want to announce to everyone i have found my grail - the IWC Mark XVIII. So that's that folks. Goodbye Watchuseek, i have found mine.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by luth_ukail View Post
    Well i know the movement is different and upgraded. but i just can't associate the iconic with the terms SRP.

Not in a good way.

And i thought the build of an SKX watch is a bit hinger in finish compared to the SRP.

But nvm, the watch we are discussing now maybe don't even exist.
    Mikethebike is correct. skx and srp designations ARE NOT different brand lines to denote higher or lesser quality. It is in reference to the movement being used.

And if one were to attach an emotional reaction to one over the other, the srp is the one you want to favor because it means that model has the newer handwinding and hacking movement =)

I'm holding out hope. The original person to post the news on Reddit has had a loooong legitimate posting history on Reddit. I doubt he would spend all these past years on Reddit, just so he could build up credibility so he could hoax Seiko fans on the internet.
    Last edited by ZASKAR36; October 26th, 2015 at 03:21.

Quote Originally Posted by ZASKAR36 View Post
    Mikethebike is correct. skx and srp designations ARE NOT different brand lines to denote higher or lesser quality. It is in reference to the movement being used.

And if one were to attach an emotional reaction to one over the other, the srp is the one you want to favor because it means that model has the newer handwinding and hacking movement =)

I'm holding out hope. The original person to post the news on Reddit has had a loooong legitimate posting history on Reddit. I doubt he would spend all these past years on Reddit, just so he could build up credibility just so he could hoax Seiko fans on the internet.
    After post by Stewham, im pretty sure the hype is real.

And i welcomed the SRP dethroning SKX.

say bye bye 7SX6!

Thanks for reminding me.
    mikethebike67 likes this.
    my watch quest is done.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmodromedary View Post
    Errr... You wished for a Prospect version. I pointed out that the images do indeed appear to be of Prospex versions. Not sure why that upset you.
    Perhaps with all the recent criticism of the logo you mistook my post for a complaint. That's not the case. I don't mind the logo at all. My 637 has the logo and I quite like it.
    You are quite right, I read your post wrong. My apologies for snapping.
    Greg Akin likes this.
    The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by muchacho_ View Post
    Ok guys, I got this. Let's call it Squirtle!

Attachment 5788922
    Perfect! The Seiko Squirtle. Fits right in with the Sumo, Samurai, Shogun...

If real, 777 for me!
    LordBrettSinclair likes this.

You are quite right, I read your post wrong. My apologies for snapping.
    No worries mate!

Page 31 of 325 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread Information