**NEW and UPCOMING Seiko watches** - Page 35
Like Tree5426Likes

Thread: **NEW and UPCOMING Seiko watches**

Page 35 of 341 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 85 135 ... LastLast

Re: **NEW and UPCOMING Seiko watches**

Quote Originally Posted by phlabrooy View Post
    HaHaHa,

Oh, Oh ..... Looks like they are not too happy about this "leaked" news !!!

Yeah, I think we can all BELIEVE this is definitely the REAL DEAL, now !

Looking forward to this really.....

Regards,
    Or it could be just acted blur... Sometime before lunch it's good to have leak news to test market reaction. So they know how much price or volume to plan ahead... Or some minor adjustment possible....

Laughing Re: **NEW and UPCOMING Seiko watches**

It is time for all of us ask Seiko photos.

I like this series a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by ZASKAR36 View Post
    These new field watches have been posted on a few sparse threads already...and a couple members have purchased them already. I figure might as well make it officially apart of the "new and upcoming" thread. These came out last month in asian markets. I want a grey dial...probably will order one after I get back from my trip in a couple of weeks.

43mm case
    4r36 movement w/ hacking handwinding
    Domed Hardlex crystal
    22mm lugs
    Fixed bezel
    No Seiko 5 logo (yes that's a feature)

(all pics borrowed)

SRP711 (black dial black bezel)

SRP715 (black dial SS bezel)

SRP707

SRP709

SRP713 (cream dial..'pic looks white but it is cream)
    ZASKAR36, Rocat and cel4145 like this.
    "Be thine own palace, or the world's thy jail." _ John Donne

Having mostly Casio G-Shocks and other "affordable" analogs, SKX-781 included, it amazes me how uptight Seiko is on new releases getting leaked ahead of time.

In the Casio sub forum, we have a few guys that are connected in one way or another with folks at Casio, whether directly or through distributors. These guys are not in the watch business, just huge fans, and get heads up months in advance of new releases. And we get clear pictures, none of this grainy crud that looks as if it was taken with an old 110 Kodak. We have catalog images along with pricing and which global markets each watch will be destined for. Granted, Casio does manage to keep the wraps on some limited run models. The New Burton Rangeman is the newest one that snuck up on us. Although sometimes one of our members will know about these limited models way in advance but will not lead on that he knew until after it is officially released.

Seems to me Casio is acting foolish. I say let the information on new models come out and let all the watch crazy forums talk them up and buy them up. It free publicity.
    ZASKAR36, Ottovonn and Seppia like this.
    Casio/ Citizen/ Deep Blue/ G-Shock/ Orient/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Quote Originally Posted by alexcswong View Post
    Or it could be just acted blur... Sometime before lunch it's good to have leak news to test market reaction. So they know how much price or volume to plan ahead... Or some minor adjustment possible....
    Or it could be just a natural human response. If someone came to me and said hey I heard this rumor about you, whether it was good or bad, true or untrue, I would want to know where they heard it from.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I concur with cwik.

Although, I hope we are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    Having mostly Casio G-Shocks and other "affordable" analogs, SKX-781 included, it amazes me how uptight Seiko is on new releases getting leaked ahead of time.

In the Casio sub forum, we have a few guys that are connected in one way or another with folks at Casio, whether directly or through distributors. These guys are not in the watch business, just huge fans, and get heads up months in advance of new releases. And we get clear pictures, none of this grainy crud that looks as if it was taken with an old 110 Kodak. We have catalog images along with pricing and which global markets each watch will be destined for. Granted, Casio does manage to keep the wraps on some limited run models. The New Burton Rangeman is the newest one that snuck up on us. Although sometimes one of our members will know about these limited models way in advance but will not lead on that he knew until after it is officially released.

Seems to me Casio is acting foolish. I say let the information on new models come out and let all the watch crazy forums talk them up and buy them up. It free publicity.
    I don't think they are being uptight lol.These photos were obviously not intended for the public eye so i think seiko is kind of bugged that their product has been leaked before they even had a chance to take good photos of the watches. When car companies are about to release a new model but before they can promote the product and take beautiful photos, some amateur guy takes a shoddy spy shot of it all dirty, without proper lighting etc and leaks it all over the internet, it kind of takes the hype off of the final release. Perhaps 6 months before casio releases those lovely pictures of their upcoming watches, they too have shoddy first draft renders of the watch like seiko but unlike seiko they are simply not leaked and no one of the public knows about them.
    Rocat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by William Ayin View Post
    I don't think they are being uptight lol.These photos were obviously not intended for the public eye so i think seiko is kind of bugged that their product has been leaked before they even had a chance to take good photos of the watches.
    If that is true, they should get over themselves. A lot of their primary product pics on seiko websites are crappy. They look more like concept art sometimes.
    wusbert likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by valuewatchguy View Post
    Or it could be just a natural human response. If someone came to me and said hey I heard this rumor about you, whether it was good or bad, true or untrue, I would want to know where they heard it from.

I heard you paid full retail for an Invicta.
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

Quote Originally Posted by brandon\ View Post
    I heard you paid full retail for an Invicta.
    I can neither confirm nor deny that statement. But i would like to know where you heard that?

......you had to go with Invicta

Page 35 of 341 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 85 135 ... LastLast

Thread Information