@@@ The turtle thread @@@@ - Page 15
Like Tree14233Likes

Thread: @@@ The turtle thread @@@@

Page 15 of 488 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Re: @@@ The turtle thread @@@@

Slight chapter ring misalignment on many of these examples is annoying. Hoping to be able to pick one out in person next week. Going basic black 777 for now.
    Seiko Watches
    SKX007J
    SNGZ13K1
    SKX779K
    6139-6002

Quote Originally Posted by JRMARTINS View Post
    Sempre bom ver outro Lisboeta por aqui! (sorry to the non portuguese speaking WIS!)

I ordered from Ho Chuan, cost me 374 euros shipped via EMS, but it will probably be a bit higher after customs! Ordered it on Jan 5th and it was shipped on Jan 6th. I also requested they check the watch for any misalignment and they said they would, I´ll report on this after I receive it. I´ll PM you with the final cost when I receive the watch.

Abraço
    777 sold out at Ho Chuan's

Toying w/different straps on the rainy day. Absolutely loving the 775!

Have good one guys!

Obrigado JRMARTINS, fico a espera do feedback. Abraço.
    (sorry for the Portuguese speaking here at WIS)

Enviado do meu SM-N910F através de Tapatalk
    Watches in use: Seiko Flightmaster SND253; Seiko Sumo (SBDC001); Seiko Tuna (SBBN015); SKX007; Seiko 6309

Hidden Content

Well, the UPS man made me a happy camper this morning. Received my 775 direct from Seiko USA in Mt. Olive, NJ around 10:00am. As a side note, I used to do a lot of work in NJ and, many times, held training sessions in and around Mt. Olive and Rockaway. Had I known Seiko USA's HQ was just across the street....... I shudder to think!

The chapter ring lines up perfectly on mine and, so far, I don't see any day/date alignment issues. I haven't fully explored the lume, but it's a Seiko, so I'm not worried. And, speaking of lume, it's very nice and evenly applied and doesn't blob out the sword at 12 o'clock (although it looks like it does in photos). Also, the indices, as others have noted, is nicely framed by gold. I stated before that I wasn't generally a fan of any gold coloring on watches, but for some reason, this watch just wears it so well. Color me happy.

The bracelet is solid, well made, and fits well - and with solid end links to boot. Pins and collars are a pain (I fondly, or not so fondly - can't decide - remember resizing a Monster bracelet way back in the day, with only a couple of straightened out paperclips as I had no watch tools then - lots of frustrated cursing going on that day; more so than normal!), but it's a pretty solid system and works well. I'm playing around with different straps and settled on this no-name ISOfrane I had laying around. The watch is pretty impressive and wears very well, both with the bracelet and various NATOs, ZULUs and other straps. I have a Seiko, flat vented 22mm strap coming in to give it that "vintage" 6309 look, so we'll see how that feels as well.

Overall, I'm impressed. And, still just little shocked that Sears, of all places, got the jump on other US retailers! Who would've thunk it?!

On to the obligatory HAWS (hairy arm wrist shot):

Last edited by oldspice; January 7th, 2016 at 18:54.

[QUOTE=carlborg;24311426]
    Quote Originally Posted by Peahi View Post
    Thank You Sears!!! Mine just came in today...I'll try to get better shots soon.

Did it ever show a shipping status at Sears.com? I placed my order 31 Dec and it still says "Processing." Its going to an FPO AE, so I know it wont make the shipping date, but others have said it arrived while still in a "Processing" status.
    Cheers
    I ordered mine late on 1/4, paid the $16 for expedited shipping and was quoted an arrival date of 1/8/16. It actually came in a day earlier (today) and was overnighted directly from Seiko USA. My order status on Sears' website still states "Processing". I chatted a couple of times with Sears support and was told yesterday that it was shipping that day, regardless of the status on the web site. So, hopefully, you'll have your soon.

Quote Originally Posted by speed200 View Post
    chrono24 is asking 449 US dollars for this models, those guys are crazy.
    Does anyone know any trust online seller that can ship one for Portugal?
    Supply and demand!

Quote Originally Posted by RSDA View Post
    Supply and demand!
    Yes I know but it´s a little to much for that movement.
    I´ll wait some more time.
    Watches in use: Seiko Flightmaster SND253; Seiko Sumo (SBDC001); Seiko Tuna (SBBN015); SKX007; Seiko 6309

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by RSDA View Post
    Supply and demand!
    Yes I know but it´s a little to much for that movement.
    I´ll wait some more time.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by oldspice View Post
    Well, the UPS man made me a happy camper this morning. Received my 775 direct from Seiko USA in Mt. Olive, NJ around 10:00am. As a side note, I used to do a lot of work in NJ and, many times, held training sessions in and around Mt. Olive and Rockaway. Had I known Seiko USA's HQ was just across the street....... I shudder to think!

The chapter ring lines up perfectly on mine and, so far, I don't see any day/date alignment issues. I haven't fully explored the lume, but it's a Seiko, so I'm not worried. And, speaking of lume, it's very nice and evenly applied and doesn't blob out the sword at 12 o'clock (although it looks like it does in photos). Also, the indices, as others have noted, is nicely framed by gold. I stated before that I wasn't generally a fan of any gold coloring on watches, but for some reason, this watch just wears it so well. Color me happy.

The bracelet is solid, well made, and fits well - and with solid end links to boot. Pins and collars are a pain (I fondly, or not so fondly - can't decide - remember resizing a Monster bracelet way back in the day, with only a couple of straightened out paperclips as I had no watch tools then - lots of frustrated cursing going on that day; more so than normal!), but it's a pretty solid system and works well. I'm playing around with different straps and settled on this no-name ISOfrane I had laying around. The watch is pretty impressive and wears very well, both with the bracelet and various NATOs, ZULUs and other straps. I have a Seiko, flat vented 22mm strap coming in to give it that "vintage" 6309 look, so we'll see how that feels as well.

Overall, I'm impressed. And, still just little shocked that Sears, of all places, got the jump on other US retailers! Who would've thunk it?!

On to the obligatory HAWS (hairy arm wrist shot):

What's the size of your hairy wrist?

Page 15 of 488 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread Information