@@@ The turtle thread @@@@ - Page 18
Like Tree15493Likes

Thread: @@@ The turtle thread @@@@

Page 18 of 539 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 68 118 518 ... LastLast

Re: @@@ The turtle thread @@@@

Nice! First I've heard of 'uncleseiko', but a quick search turned him up over at the SCWF. That's a great looking strap (and very affordable!). Now, I just wish someone would come up with a 22mm MarineMaster waffle - that is my all-time favorite "vintage" strap.

BDC

Quote Originally Posted by oldspice View Post
    Nice! First I've heard of 'uncleseiko', but a quick search turned him up over at the SCWF. That's a great looking strap (and very affordable!). Now, I just wish someone would come up with a 22mm MarineMaster waffle - that is my all-time favorite "vintage" strap.

Here they are... Men's 22mm Waffle Strap for Your Seiko Marine Master Professional Tuna Diver | eBay
    Spring-Diver likes this.
    * Seiko SBDB009 SD Tuna * Seiko SBDX001 MM300 * Seiko SBBN013 Darth Tuna ​(for sale) * Seiko SUN023 * Seiko SRP775 * Seiko SRPB11 Blue Lagoon * Orange Monster SKX781 * SKX011J * Seiko Solar SNE011/107 * Seiko SKA725 * Seiko SNDA23 * Orient Black Mako * G-Shock GW2310-1 * G-Shock DW5600 *​ G-Shock Mudman * Citizen mont-bell *

* Squale 50 ATMOS Orange/PVD * Glycine Combat 7 *

I ordered mine today(1/8/16) at about 2AM and chose the quickest shipping as I want it as soon as possible. I wanted the rubber strapped version(my wrist is not a fan of metal bracelets) but Sears was all out of them(dang early adopters!!!!! ;) ) so I got the metal band version as it was ether that or none at all and I ain't waiting for a restock.

The metal band will live in the Seiko box. I plan on putting it on a bond nato strap I got from Broad Arrow a few years ago. I may down the line get the Seiko metal band sized up but for now i want to wear it like somebody would have worn the original(ether on rubber strap or cloth band)

I have a couple of questions for you folks that got the sears.com ones

1. Does it have country of origin on it? The reason I ask is I cannot find this on Seiko USA's site so perhaps this is a "sanctioned" gray market watch by Seiko to test the market?

2. Does this come with Sears paperwork in it in order to return it if it I don't like it(can't think that will happen) or if it is defective?

3. Is Seiko sticking the wrong owners manual in the box?

4. I have never ordered from Sears.com before, am I able to return a watch from Sears.com to the local Sears store?

5. How is the crown action on this watch? Is it smooth and does it screw down easy?

6. Will the Z22 flat strap that is on the SKX173 and A35 fit well on this watch?

Thanks
    Last edited by journeyforce; January 8th, 2016 at 21:42.

another 22mm waffle strap option from DAGZ

http://www.dagazwatch.com/apps/webst...s/show/1163481

Quote Originally Posted by oldspice View Post
    There was someone making those in black and orange versions a few years ago, but I can't remember who. They were stuff like the OEM ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by journeyforce View Post
    I ordered mine today(1/8/16) at about 2AM and chose the quickest shipping as I want it as soon as possible. I wanted the rubber strapped version(my wrist is not a fan of metal bracelets) but Sears was all out of them(dang early adopters!!!!! ;) ) so I got the metal band version as it was ether that or none at all and I ain't waiting for a restock.

The metal band will live in the Seiko box. I plan on putting it on a bond nato strap I got from Broad Arrow a few years ago. I may down the line get the Seiko metal band sized up but for now i want to wear it like somebody would have worn the original(ether on rubber strap or cloth band)

I have a couple of questions for you folks that got the sears.com ones

1. Does it have country of origin on it? The reason I ask is I cannot find this on Seiko USA's site so perhaps this is a "sanctioned" gray market watch by Seiko to test the market?

-oldspice: Not on the watch or in any of the paperwork.

2. Does this come with Sears paperwork in it in order to return it if it I don't like it(can't think that will happen) or if it is defective?

-oldspice: Yes, comes with a Sears sales slip and RMA sticker, should you need it. However, the warranty card is un-stamped.

3. Is Seiko sticking the wrong owners manual in the box?

-oldspice: Mine has the manual for the quartz, solar Cal. V172 alarm/chrono. Very strange.

4. I have never ordered from Sears.com before, am I able to return a watch from Sears.com to the local Sears store?

-oldspice: No idea, check with Sears.

5. How is the crown action on this watch? Is it smooth and does it screw down easy?

-oldspice: Yes, smooth and turns well.

6. Will the Z22 flat strap that is on the SKX173 and A35 fit well on this watch?

-oldspice: Yes, I just got one today, as a matter of fact, and fits well. Also, suites the look of the watch well, too, IMHO.

Thanks
    See my answers embedded above...

Thanks for the waffle strap suggestions, all. But, I really want one of the Seiko straps for the MM, but in 22mm - just looks so cool! Here's one on a Sumo I had....

Last edited by oldspice; January 8th, 2016 at 22:10.

Can't seem to stop myself from taking photos of this thing!

Quote Originally Posted by shelfcompact View Post
    Adding a few phone pics below.

I'm keeping it on a repro waffle strap from UncleSeiko.
    Looks and feels great, but I'll take a few days to decide if I want to keep it. Perhaps I'll get the sapphire crystal for it.

With the waffle strap:

Next to his older cousin. :)

Have one on order! Looks good on the waffle!

Quote Originally Posted by AleSKX View Post
    There was someone making those in black and orange versions a few years ago, but I can't remember who. They were stuff like the OEM ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    W Jean had them...

Cheers
    Shannon
    My Seiko's

SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SBDX011 Emperor Tuna, SBBN011 Darth Tuna, S23611J1 Golden Tuna, H558-5009 Arnie, 6105-8110 , 6309-7049, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI

Aquadive: BS300 #39/500
    Aquadive: BS300 DLC #76/500

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

WantHidden Content

Seiko SBDX019, Sinn- T1, Oris- Big Crown Pro Pilot GMT

Page 18 of 539 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 68 118 518 ... LastLast

Thread Information