@@@ The turtle thread @@@@ - Page 24
Like Tree16285Likes

Thread: @@@ The turtle thread @@@@

Page 24 of 566 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 74 124 524 ... LastLast
    cpl

Re: @@@ The turtle thread @@@@

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty_Ken View Post
    Hmmm. Like if it's a more obtainable crown for 007 movement swaps?
    Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but maybe in order to distinguish these from the original turtles these should be dubbed the ninja turtles.

Name:  11313609_810184679091082_55352327_n.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  34.5 KBName:  il_340x270.759237979_a6zt.jpg
Views: 1149
Size:  31.8 KB

There are 4 of them and the ninja bit kinda fits with the whole sumo, shogun vibe.

That's moRe than a couple!
    Wow.
    anyways, to answer one of them, no you can't return it to the store. It's stated in the paperwork it comes with. Must be shipped back. No prepaid label.

Quote Originally Posted by journeyforce View Post
    I ordered mine today(1/8/16) at about 2AM and chose the quickest shipping as I want it as soon as possible. I wanted the rubber strapped version(my wrist is not a fan of metal bracelets) but Sears was all out of them(dang early adopters!!!!! ;) ) so I got the metal band version as it was ether that or none at all and I ain't waiting for a restock.

The metal band will live in the Seiko box. I plan on putting it on a bond nato strap I got from Broad Arrow a few years ago. I may down the line get the Seiko metal band sized up but for now i want to wear it like somebody would have worn the original(ether on rubber strap or cloth band)

I have a couple of questions for you folks that got the sears.com ones

1. Does it have country of origin on it? The reason I ask is I cannot find this on Seiko USA's site so perhaps this is a "sanctioned" gray market watch by Seiko to test the market?

2. Does this come with Sears paperwork in it in order to return it if it I don't like it(can't think that will happen) or if it is defective?

3. Is Seiko sticking the wrong owners manual in the box?

4. I have never ordered from Sears.com before, am I able to return a watch from Sears.com to the local Sears store?

5. How is the crown action on this watch? Is it smooth and does it screw down easy?

6. Will the Z22 flat strap that is on the SKX173 and A35 fit well on this watch?

Thanks
    jdmfetish likes this.
    ALPINA Startimer Pilot Automatic & Quartz Chronographs & Startimer 42 | ASTOR + BANKS Pilomatic B2 | BATHYS Benthic GMT | BLACKLIST streetmatic S5 | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9200 & GW-M6610 | IWC MKXVIII LPP | MERCER Airfoil | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | SCURFA DiverOne PVD Auto| SEIKO SRP PADI | SWATCH Irony Chrono | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom [B] |

Ordered--> HALIOS Seaforth, MWW 62MAS Homage & Equinox, BOREALIS Sea Storm, MERCER Lexington

Quote Originally Posted by JRMARTINS View Post
    I would expect these to hit the 200/250 dollars by June when the supply is more readily available, the 787 and 789 that's being released in May should hit these numbers by December if there is such a demand for them when initially released.
    Don´t think so, see the SKX for example.
    Far East Diver likes this.
    Watches in use: Seiko Flightmaster SND253; Seiko Sumo (SBDC001); Seiko Tuna (SBBN015); SKX007; Seiko 6309

Hidden Content

Looking for a rubber strap for the 773... anyone know if Seiko makes a the same strap as on the 777 and 779, but in BLUE? If so, where to buy?

@@@ The turtle thread @@@@

Quote Originally Posted by svendsenp View Post
    Looking for a rubber strap for the 773... anyone know if Seiko makes a the same strap as on the 777 and 779, but in BLUE? If so, where to buy?
    SBBN037 blue Tuna

Just Arrived, Seiko SRP777 Turtle Diver, Modern 6309

Strap comparison: SBBN03__ vs. SRP77__

Last year, I acquired an SBBN037 which came with a blue strap and while I found the strap very comfortable and high quality, I really wanted a black strap on this watch. I liked everything about the blue OEM strap minus the color and the lack of a second keeper loop.

When the new Turtle came out I was curious if the straps would be the same. Turns out they are not. Both are listed in specs as silicone and are both much more comfortable than the old urethane Seiko straps like the Z22. But the Tuna strap is better--it doesn't attract dust, whereas the Turtle strap is a bit of a magnet. It seems a bit less grabby on the skin too, but this may also be in part because the designs are slightly different. The photos are hard to see perhaps, but the Tuna strap has a very different texture on the underside. And--get this--shorter on the buckle side by nearly half a centimeter (est.).

Try calling Seiko. They are supposedly getting a black one in for me sent from Japan.

Not selling mine though.
    Last edited by AleSKX; January 11th, 2016 at 12:36.
    svendsenp and shelfcompact like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AleSKX View Post

When the new Turtle came out I was curious if the straps would be the same. Turns out they are not. Both are listed in specs as silicone and are both much more comfortable than the old urethane Seiko straps like the Z22. But the Tuna strap is better--it doesn't attract dust, whereas the Turtle strap is a bit of a magnet. It seems a bit less grabby on the skin too, but this may also be in part because the designs are slightly different. The photos are hard to see perhaps, but the Tuna strap has a very different texture on the underside. And--get this--shorter on the buckle side by nearly half a centimeter (est.).
    That's too bad that these new silicone straps are such a dust magnet, I think they look great, especially the metal keeper.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current Collection:
    Omega Seamaster Professional Ceramic Blue
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military
    Steinhart Ocean Vintage GMT
    Seiko SKX009
    Seiko SKX173

Quote Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
    where at ?
    http://http://hochuanwatch.com/about-us

His stock is updated daily on his website (and so is the RM to USD). Right now all he has is the 779, but yesterday he also had the 777. He's selling them as fast as he gets them. Took about 2 & 1/2 weeks to get to NC from Malaysia (I ordered the 777 and 773 from him in December). The 777 and 779 are priced at $311 today.
    Last edited by cold_beer839; January 11th, 2016 at 16:20.
    ChiefWahoo and HeavyDuty_Ken like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AleSKX View Post
    SBBN037 blue Tuna

Just Arrived, Seiko SRP777 Turtle Diver, Modern 6309 - Page 4

Last year, I acquired an SBBN037 which came with a blue strap and while I found the strap very comfortable and high quality, I really wanted a black strap on this watch. I liked everything about the blue OEM strap minus the color and the lack of a second keeper loop.

Try calling Seiko. They are supposedly getting a black one in for me sent from Japan.

Not selling mine though.
    Very glad for the comparison. Thanks!
    I was hoping I could source cheap straps that matched the Tuna from these models, but I guess not. I love my Tuna silicon strap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed.YANG View Post
    It's a matter of time. If you want others to look at your wrist, to get more attention, nab the turtles during the first few waves.
    If you're not particular about how others envious of your hunt, get it much later when the price goes down... it's like how aromatic between hot coffee and cool coffee is...
    I nabbed a couple before Christmas and they're still in the box hahaha

I'm thinking if I should sell one or even both. My 6105 with came along with the delivery has really been an attention seeker..
    GW-200Z
    G-9000MS MIRB
    DW-5600MS MIRB
    Victorinox Classic Chrono Ti
    SEIKO 6309s
    SEIKO OM
    SS ECOZILLA
    SEIKO TUNA 7549-7010
    SEIKO TUNA SBBN007

Page 24 of 566 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 74 124 524 ... LastLast

Thread Information