@@@ The turtle thread @@@@ - Page 31
Like Tree17971Likes

Thread: @@@ The turtle thread @@@@

Page 31 of 643 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 81 131 531 ... LastLast

Re: @@@ The turtle thread @@@@

Quote Originally Posted by garydusa View Post
    My Strapcode Endmill fits! I used the shoulderless Seiko fat bars that came with the watch (instead of the D-Flanged little tipped ones that come w/the Strapcode). And it just clicked on in, nice and tight!....whoalaaaa!

That looks Awesome! Endmills are my favorite strapcode! Congrats and enjoy!
    Jeff_C, garydusa, tekong and 1 others like this.

Stopped by Time Zone here in SoCal and picked me up a 777. This thing is gorgeous and very comfortable. Daddy like! A couple of q&ds:

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452730721.769022.jpg
Views: 1153
Size:  586.1 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452730762.134784.jpg
Views: 1147
Size:  588.2 KB

My Strapcode Endmill fits! I used the shoulderless Seiko fat bars that came with the watch (instead of the D-Flanged little tipped ones that come w/the Strapcode). And it just clicked on in, nice and tight!....whoalaaaa!
    Thank you, this was very helpful! The endmill was an option I was thinking about and it seems to match the steel tone of the x-turtle very, very well. But from what I can see now, the end-links protrude a little bit in height relative to the lugs. Anyway, it still looks great overall!
    Last edited by oldfatherthames; January 14th, 2016 at 01:29.

Wink Re: @@@ The turtle thread @@@@

Ok it´s official...just pulled the trigger on the 777 now the waiting time begins.
    Watches in use: Seiko Flightmaster SND253; Seiko Sumo (SBDC001); Seiko Tuna (SBBN015); SKX007; Seiko 6309

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by oldfatherthames View Post
    Thank you, this was very helpful! The endmill was an option I was thinking about and it seems to match the steel tone of the x-turtle very, very well. But from what I can see now, the end-links protrude a little bit in height relative to the lugs. Anyway, it still looks great overall!
    Actually, even on the 6309's, they still protrude out on them as well, maybe just a hair or so less. My plan was to change straps and bracelets and take pics to post: Endmill, Black & Milt-Green IsoFrane, DAL1BP flat vent, & a modified (SKX) Jubilee bracelet. I started w/the Black ISO, switched to the Endmill, and ...that's all she wrote for now. I've got 6309 Endlinks incoming to convert a Yobokies Beads of Rice, but that'll be a few weeks as Harold's on Vacation.

775 on Black IsoFrane using "Twenty-0" springbars (1.78x1.1mm Shoulderless w/extra long tips):

Last edited by garydusa; January 14th, 2016 at 03:01.

Actually, even on the 6309's, they still protrude out on them as well, maybe just a hair or so less. My plan was to change straps and bracelets and take pics to post: Endmill, Black & Milt-Green IsoFrane, DAL1BP flat vent, & a modified (SKX) Jubilee bracelet. I started w/the Black ISO, switched to the Endmill, and ...that's all she wrote for now. I've got 6309 Endlinks incoming to convert a Yobokies Beads of Rice, but that'll be a few weeks as Harold's on Vacation.

775 on Black IsoFrane using "Twenty-0" springbars (1.78x1.1mm Shoulderless w/extra long tips):

Nice. I have a few 20mm sholderless springbars from the ebay Twenty-0. He shipped them quickly and they are tough suckers. Do they protrude out of the holes? On my Seiko SNE109(which was the watch i bought them for as the original bars kept clicking) the tips stuck out of the lug holes but on my Monster they fit perfectly.

May I ask why you switched out your original fat springbars for the shoulderless bars?
    Jeff_C, garydusa and DMI007 like this.

777 back in stock at Sears...
    mikethebike67 likes this.
    IWC 3767-02
    Heuer "Skipper"
    Tag Heuer Gulf
    Omega Speedmaster 20th Anniversary 1450 Bracelet
    Omega Yachting 176.010
    Omega X-33 3291.50
    Casio MQD 2000W PVD Case

Quote Originally Posted by journeyforce View Post
    Nice. I have a few 20mm sholderless springbars from the ebay Twenty-0. He shipped them quickly and they are tough suckers. Do they protrude out of the holes? On my Seiko SNE109(which was the watch i bought them for as the original bars kept clicking) the tips stuck out of the lug holes but on my Monster they fit perfectly.

May I ask why you switched out your original fat springbars for the shoulderless bars?
    Thanks! The original Seiko's & all of the Seiko Divers basically come with Shoulderless (Fat Bars). On the new Turtles, they are easily removed because of the drilled lugs (love them!). Isofranes aren't made for "Fats" the difference is the 1.78mm barrel (vs 2.5mm Fat), but also have the thicker 1.1mm thick tip for the larger holes. They didn't stick out of the lugs as the Turtles have thick lugs, so no problem at all. I switched outa the ISO and its mounted currently on the Endmill.

I understand the new Turtles don't have a signed crown. Is anyone else disappointed by this? I know it's only a superfluous detail, but a watch with a signed crown makes it a "full package" for me. I hoped the new Turtles would get that treatment. Seiko probably wanted to keep the new watch similar to the old, which didn't have a signed crown. Oh well.
    Jeep99dad likes this.
    Hidden Content
    CURRENT COLLECTION:
    SEIKO SARB017
    SEIKO SARB035
    SEIKO SRP775
    SEIKO SKX007 - Modded

“Going out of your mind at least once a day is tremendously important. Because by going out of your mind you come to your senses.”
    ― Alan Watts

Quote Originally Posted by JMSP1992 View Post
    I understand the new Turtles don't have a signed crown. Is anyone else disappointed by this? I know it's only a superfluous detail, but a watch with a signed crown makes it a "full package" for me. I hoped the new Turtles would get that treatment. Seiko probably wanted to keep the new watch similar to the old, which didn't have a signed crown. Oh well.
    A bit yes as well as with the X on the dial, on the other hand am so pleased with the rest... Great reissue.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Watches safe with me :

giving up listing ...

Gone but not forgotten ^^
    Subc LV ( hulk ) , Speedy pro , Pelagos , Black Bay , ML MP 7138 , GMTiic , Explorer ii polar , Stowa Flieger LE , Zenith captain PR , Seamaster Pro and a bunch of others :(

Page 31 of 643 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 81 131 531 ... LastLast

Thread Information