@@@ The turtle thread @@@@ - Page 38
Like Tree14211Likes

Thread: @@@ The turtle thread @@@@

Page 38 of 486 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 88 138 ... LastLast

Re: @@@ The turtle thread @@@@

Quote Originally Posted by MediumRB View Post
    Only worn it half the time of the past three days and it is 30 seconds slow. Will wait and see how it settles in.
    Sunday red square:
    I don't know what it is but for some reason your pic makes me dig the blue even more.

Quote Originally Posted by gshock626 View Post
    Can't stop staring at this. It's quite lovely. Still can't believe Seiko reissued these. Now if only they would reissue the 6105...

Attachment 6679722

Where was this beauty purchased? Sear? Amazon?

Seiko Watch Time Zone here in SoCal. They don't have a website and they don't ship orders. Here's their Yelp review:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/seiko-watch-..._source=ishare

These are the best turtle photos I have seen to date. No one commented on the Japan
    Movement printed on the dial. Is this the SRP777J model?
    Ptolomeo74 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by timetellinnoob View Post
    that's interesting, i've been around this board for a while and this is the first i'm seeing that Seiko printed Chinese language for 4R36 movements... learn something new every day
    That's probably a parallel import from Taiwan/China/HongKong market released stock. As there are more chinese immigrants to Australia, it'll be much feasible to do so for parallel importers to do so for better sales than bringing in K makes which often comes with either Spanish+English or Roman+English day wheels, or J makes that comes with Arabic+English day wheels.

The Australian version with Mandarin+English day wheel is highly possible a J make.
    A piece of my favorite timepiece, is like a dish of local delicacies. It's not about how good it may look, or how branded in may came from popular stalls or restaurants. It's always the materials and concoction that produces the best keep!

Quote Originally Posted by huwp View Post
    Dammit, I swear I just went to the shop to have a look at it...

Attachment 6667050
    That shop located in a little island, that you have to swim there to take a look, and swim back to the main land where you lives???
    Wow... i can only imagine only divers watches are sold over there... dress watches couldn't live with such challenge to make buyers swim back to their main land.
    alex79 and huwp like this.
    A piece of my favorite timepiece, is like a dish of local delicacies. It's not about how good it may look, or how branded in may came from popular stalls or restaurants. It's always the materials and concoction that produces the best keep!

Quote Originally Posted by cochrome View Post
    These are the best turtle photos I have seen to date. No one commented on the Japan
    By what I've seen this is showing up on the 777 and 775 being sold in the US, don't know about Europe haven't seen any pop up here from the European market.

Is Sears an authorized dealer of Seiko?

Quote Originally Posted by cochrome View Post
    Thanks!

I don't think these are the J models. It's got "Movement Japan" on the caseback. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think all J & JDM models either has "Japan A" or "Made In Japan" on the case back. I remember my SKX007J had "Japan A" on the back. My SBDX001 MM300 has "Japan A" and my SBDX011 Emperor Tuna has "Made In Japan".

Quote Originally Posted by JRMARTINS View Post
    By what I've seen this is showing up on the 777 and 775 being sold in the US, don't know about Europe haven't seen any pop up here from the European market.
    None of the 773 and 777 that were shown yet here on Germany's biggest watch board carry the "Mov't Japan" imprint on the dial. Some expamples:
    SEIKO-Neuheit: Der Kult-diver turtle soll in 2016 neu aufgelegt werden.... - UhrForum - Seite 33
    SEIKO-Neuheit: Der Kult-diver turtle soll in 2016 neu aufgelegt werden.... - UhrForum - Seite 33
    Last edited by oldfatherthames; January 17th, 2016 at 20:49.

Page 38 of 486 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 88 138 ... LastLast

Thread Information