@@@ The turtle thread @@@@ - Page 45
Like Tree14520Likes

Thread: @@@ The turtle thread @@@@

Page 45 of 502 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 95 145 ... LastLast

Re: @@@ The turtle thread @@@@

Quote Originally Posted by merl View Post
    Received some new straps today.

Any wrist pic's of the waffle strap??
    Last edited by Don Logan; January 20th, 2016 at 00:12.
    Ptolomeo74 likes this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Imitrex Hidden Content
    And yep, I'm still over here laughing...Don wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Logan View Post
    Any wrist pic's of the waffle strap??

Ordered mine on Saturday from Sears, and did the 1.99 shipping. It arrived today. This watch is awesome. Can someone please tell me how I can purchase the bracelet? The strap is absolutely awesome, buy I have a rule in the winter bracelets and summer anything other then metal.

Thanks Nick

I wonder if in 20 years or so, assuming WUS will still be here, that people will resurrect these Turtle threads wanting to know how these watches sold for so little money.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootist View Post
    I ordered one today and got a message that Sears was going to contact me to verify the order but I never heard anything else. Hopefully it went through.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
    Same thing when I ordered and it all went fine. No stress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah
    Shootist likes this.
    ALPINA Startimer Pilot Automatic Chronograph | ASTOR + BANKS Pilomatic B2 | BLACKLIST streetmatic S5 | BOREALIS Bull Shark | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9200 & GW-M6610 | MERCER Airfoil | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | ORIS 65 42mm SS & Carl Brashear | SCURFA Bell Diver 1 & Diver One Silicon & DiverOne PVD Auto| SEIKO SRP PADI | SWATCH Sistem51 black/red & Irony Chrono | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom | VOSTOK Amphibian SE |

Ordered--> MWW 62MAS Homage & Equinox, UNDONE Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by Shootist View Post
    I ordered one today and got a message that Sears was going to contact me to verify the order but I never heard anything else. Hopefully it went through.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
    I got that email too. I think it had to do with me shipping to my work address.
    I went on live chat and they gave me the number to call: 1-888-396-5299. Just needed to verify my identity.
    That was yesterday-Monday

Quote Originally Posted by timetellinnoob View Post
    Mail is of course taking forever today.... usually signature deliveries are made by a separate dude on their own route, those usually come by late morning.... so of course, sigh, just sitting here because i know if i go out i'll miss it.

15-20 minutes after i posted this, i was getting too hungry and so i was about to go out, and I saw the mailman at the box down the pathway between the condos. I just went back inside; a minute later it was here. was still hungry, so i left it inside and went for lunch, lol.

it's awesome. definitely a notch bigger than the SKX. feels heavier. something i don't think was ever mentioned (i didn't realize at least), the second hand's 'gold' is more of a brushed finish, rather than the smooth/shiny surface of the minute and hour hands. it's not the same crisp brushing like on a GS or MM, but it's a detail worth noting. I took the bracelet off immediately (was going to resize it later -- have done that now) and it slipped off pretty easily. I found later (after i took a bunch of pics of other straps) it was more difficult to get back ON the watch; there's no recesses on the endlink to manipulate the tips of the springbar. November 2015 serial.

it's a little misaligned =\ but not horribly.

will post more later but for now:

Name:  SRPblackNato.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  296.3 KB

oh, also. it was english/spanish and says MOV'T JAPAN at the bottom.
    Last edited by timetellinnoob; January 20th, 2016 at 08:38.
    (just a) timetellinnoob
    SEIKO: SNDA67, SKX779, SKX007 (mod), SNZG15, SKX-PMMM, 6309-7040 (12/1980 rfrb/mod),
    7002-7000 (7/91 Loy's), SRP227 (mod)
    , SNXS79, SSC031, SNKL45, SNX993 (mod),
    SARB033 SPIRIT, PROSPEX SRP775 (mod),
    THE LATEST: PROSPEX SRP773 (mod)

Quote Originally Posted by twostirish222 View Post
    Ordered mine on Saturday from Sears, and did the 1.99 shipping. It arrived today. This watch is awesome. Can someone please tell me how I can purchase the bracelet? The strap is absolutely awesome, buy I have a rule in the winter bracelets and summer anything other then metal.

Bummer that the hands are misaligned but at least the chapter ring is too. I wish Seiko could get the qc hammered out on these two issues. I went to the Seiko store in NJ today but they didn't have any in stock. I was hoping to be able to pick a good one on person. They did have a blue Sumo X with alignment issues though.
    Seiko Watches
    SKX007J
    SNGZ13K1
    SKX779K
    6139-6002

Received mine today also and can confirm that this watch is awesome. Strap code has already said they will be coming out with a specific bracelet for the SRP777 series watches. The rubber band is ok but i will get a proper bracelet as soon as they are released.
    Shootist and Far East Diver like this.

Got mine from the Seiko store in NJ, love it! The bracelet is a pain in the ass to resize like all pin and collar set ups, but at least it's high quality with solid end links.
    Gregger and Far East Diver like this.

Page 45 of 502 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 95 145 ... LastLast

Thread Information