@@@ The turtle thread @@@@ - Page 48
Like Tree16268Likes

Thread: @@@ The turtle thread @@@@

Page 48 of 566 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 98 148 548 ... LastLast

Re: @@@ The turtle thread @@@@

Text deleted. Double post somehow. See Below
    Last edited by Dave W; January 20th, 2016 at 23:35. Reason: Double Post

I just received my 777 from Sears via UPS, ordered Friday. The good news is it has a perfectly aligned chapter ring, the bad news is it came with a dent, which looks like some kind of tool mark, right at the bezel pip area exactly at 12:00. Pretty nasty mark, totally unacceptable, and I didn't even notice it at first as I was dialed in on the chapter ring issue.

Beck to Sears it goes. Already talked to them and they are sending a UPS label, and I'll get a full refund, but it looks like I'll have to start all over again with another order from scratch. I'm not so sure I'm going to order another one of these early watches sight unseen again through the web.

I'll get one for sure, but I want to eyeball it myself to make sure its right next time.
    Shootist likes this.

Really with all the misaligned dials that may be better. I may have one coming from Sears but I'm not sure if it is or not.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
    I just received my 777 from Sears via UPS, ordered Friday. The good news is it has a perfectly aligned chapter ring, the bad news is it came with a dent, which looks like some kind of tool mark, right at the bezel pip area exactly at 12:00. Pretty nasty mark, totally unacceptable, and I didn't even notice it at first as I was dialed in on the chapter ring issue.

Beck to Sears it goes. Already talked to them and they are sending a UPS label, and I'll get a full refund, but it looks like I'll have to start all over again with another order from scratch. I'm not so sure I'm going to order another one of these early watches sight unseen again through the web.

I'll get one for sure, but I want to eyeball it myself to make sure its right next time.
    Thats too bad about that dent. Can you post a pic of it? I have a small indentation on the triangle that the lume pip sits in on my 775 but as it does not really detract from the watch and everything else is spot on I am keeping it. I consider it a bit of character.

I do know that you can blame this issue on Seiko USA as Sears does not touch the watch when you order it. It comes directly from Seiko USA in NJ and not a Sears warehouse(The box will have a label that says SCD or SOD and a NJ mailing address. That is Seiko USA.

Some good news for you. When I was in JC Penney's last night getting some gloves before the eff ton of snow that is hitting my state on Friday, I went over to the watch counter and the lady working the counter saw my SKXA35 and asked me if I like Seiko divers. I said yes and she states this store was sent a new Seiko diver that morning with the other watches and pulls it out. It is a Seiko SRP777, so it seems that the SRP Turtles are making their way to JC Penney stores. Last week they showed up on JCP.com and when you clicked on them, you got the product info and in the right corner was a button to click to find it in a store. That and the fact it does not say Online only led me to think that this is a watch that the physical stores will carry at some time in the near future. So here is your chance to see one up close and play with them. JCP always has some discounts. The lady said that not all stores will have them right away as they are still in short supply.

Good luck with your watch quest.

Just ordered a 775 from Sears! Ooooooooh bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy
    Spring-Diver likes this.
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

SEARS35OFF300 is a coupon for $35 off

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Mine also has that indentation, but no where near enough for me to send it back.

Quote Originally Posted by journeyforce View Post
    Thats too bad about that dent. Can you post a pic of it? I have a small indentation on the triangle that the lume pip sits in on my 775 but as it does not really detract from the watch and everything else is spot on I am keeping it. I consider it a bit of character.

I do know that you can blame this issue on Seiko USA as Sears does not touch the watch when you order it. It comes directly from Seiko USA in NJ and not a Sears warehouse(The box will have a label that says SCD or SOD and a NJ mailing address. That is Seiko USA.

Some good news for you. When I was in JC Penney's last night getting some gloves before the eff ton of snow that is hitting my state on Friday, I went over to the watch counter and the lady working the counter saw my SKXA35 and asked me if I like Seiko divers. I said yes and she states this store was sent a new Seiko diver that morning with the other watches and pulls it out. It is a Seiko SRP777, so it seems that the SRP Turtles are making their way to JC Penney stores. Last week they showed up on JCP.com and when you clicked on them, you got the product info and in the right corner was a button to click to find it in a store. That and the fact it does not say Online only led me to think that this is a watch that the physical stores will carry at some time in the near future. So here is your chance to see one up close and play with them. JCP always has some discounts. The lady said that not all stores will have them right away as they are still in short supply.

Thanks Nick

Quote Originally Posted by twostirish222 View Post
    Mine also has that indentation, but no where near enough for me to send it back.
    Seriously, the watch should have NO dent anywhere in the bezel. It should be flat as a pancake all the way around.

Personally, I think a big ugly dent in the bezel is a whole lot worse than a chapter ring being off a little. Don't get me wrong, I just feel the parts of the watch should be installed straight, and there should not be a dent in the watch staring me in the face every time I look at it.

A used watch with WABI, that's another thing and that's OK, but a brand new $450 retail watch? No way, Seiko's getting it back.
    Shootist and Far East Diver like this.

Quote Originally Posted by journeyforce View Post

Thank you for the information journeyforce. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just sayin ....love this 777. It's so cool that Seiko decided to make these

Cheers
    Shannon
    My Seiko's

SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SBDX011 Emperor Tuna, SBBN011 Darth Tuna, S23611J1 Golden Tuna, H558-5009 Arnie, 6105-8110 , 6309-7049, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI

Aquadive: BS300 #39/500
    Aquadive: BS300 DLC #76/500

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

WantHidden Content

Seiko SBDX019, Sinn- T1, Oris- Big Crown Pro Pilot GMT

Page 48 of 566 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 98 148 548 ... LastLast

Thread Information