WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

25 years waiting a Seiko, today is a happy day

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Dynamite Kid19 
#1 ·
Yes, today is a happy day for me, sadly there's not many like today.I wanted a Seiko from 20-25 years ago, mainly from I listened about Kinetic, after saw Ripley watch in Alien film, a lot of increible aviator chronos in the shops all Christmas , but I never could buy one of my taste,kinetic or solar (better kinetic),chrono,aviator and full metal, but they have normally a price between 230£-350£. +400. I never thought in buy one. I'm a minimum salary worker,and I always had other priorities for that money,but I never dress a watch, because I couldn't buy a Seiko.

But yesterday I saw in a shop the most beautiful woman watch that I never saw, at very good price I thought 99,99£. And after I checked the model, I discovered that use the Ripley calibre ( 7T12 ), for me that is important because is my favourite watch ever. I bought, but when my girlfriend returned, I ask her if can find a watch, and she choose the same watch from maybe 300 watches in all the shop,was nice, she is steel happy, see never had a good watch as well.
This is her watch, maybe here not is a very good watch,but for us is amazing

https://goo.gl/images/xFZJJP

Left the half of the history, in the shop, I saw a empty holder in the Seiko Solar Chronos exposure,labelled in 150£ from 300£, and I ask myself what watch could be that because maybe I could make the effort to buy if like me enough,because they gave me a 25£ discount voucher.
At home, I check the online shop, I discovered that the watch at that price is amazing, yes it's not the more pretty watch that I saw, and miss some specs important for me,but is the most amazing men's watch that I can buy. Resume, I bought the watch with a further discount of 15£ (I couldn't use the 25£) for sing up for emails, finally was 135£!! ( still a lot for me). I miss the alarm, kinetic and black/red color,backcount and more chrono minutes (60 in this model)
the watch is a Prospex Solar SSC275, caliber V175

http://www.seiko.co.uk/collections/men/prospex/ssc275p9#.WWUryr3TXqA

Finally I get two discounts of 25£ to buy in shop, in street or online,please sent me a private message, the discounts must be used from 1/08/17 till 17/08/17.

Excuse my basic English and so long post

See less See more
#4 ·
Thank you for your coments.
I don't understand about watches, and probably less about girlfriends XD!!! But I think that I had a extraordinary good luck with the last one, and I hope that same with the watches, anyway probably I wouldn't appreciate the quality because I never had or use a good watch, but I will write my impressions, for me will be funny learn to make calculus, unit conversions and all that features.

About possible problems or faults, or if will be enough waterproof or reliability of solar system, Needle alignment I'm not worry.

just I discovered that there is mods for watches?
A good link about Seiko's mods?

#6 ·
25 years is crazy. Welcome to the club, finally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Today I collected the watch, I'm impressed, I can't make a review because I never dressed a watch of good quality. But I feel very good quality. Call my attention the blue flash in the dialer, look that don't follow a pattern, sometimes look a 8,other a S,others a I, or a C,or a O...but normal look like a blue almost black, a color very original, is like that colors that you don't know if is green or blue, is nice.I don't know if is easy or difficult get that effect.

Very strong illumination and there's no reflex in the sapphire glass,is more,look that don't have glass.

In functions and features maybe not is like 500£ watches of seiko or citizen, but for me look of a apparent quality similar, and the dialer and spheres are less busy, is the good part of the missing alarm,battery level..., is quite clear.

the weight for me is OK, isn't heavy, is easy forget that you dress the watch.
For other part, I think that don't have tachymeter,backcount,compass...I think that too much features missed for real pilots, but If you don't need that,is a watch that you can dress in any event,with any clothes, any sport activity,at any moment of the day, I think that is good for use it if will be your only watch.
Resume: Very good quality and very polyvalent and I can't find anything better for 135£.

Just remember that I have 2 vouchers of 25£ of discount to share, UK only I think.

Again excuse my basic english.

A picture of its first launch of sun

Attachments

#10 ·
Great story! I am glad you were able to get a watch that you wanted for such a long time!! I just had the same happy ending and got a watch that I had wanted for a long time, a quartz Seiko Tuna, 1000m. Congrats and enjoy your watch! I hope you have it for many years. Vance.

Reactions: Cobia
#12 ·
Hi mate and welcome, i love your story and blog, i love the enthusiasm and even though English is not your first language you wrote very well.
Youve got very nice taste, thats a great seiko and it looks like its worth a lot more than you paid for it, very good choice for your first seiko, congrats.

#13 ·
Great story AKRAE! Glad you're so happy with the purchases. Looks like you made excellent choices.

Reactions: Cobia
#16 ·
Welcome to the forums and sharing your wonderful story! 25 years is quite the wait to get a watch that you want, but your patience has paid off. That is quite a handsome Seiko, I like the aggressive chrono pushers. If I am not mistaken, that is solar powered?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.