WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

4R38 and 4R39?

20K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Deyn Man 
#1 ·
saw Yeoman's write up on the SSA003K:
4R37 Seiko Superior - SSA003K « Yeoman's Watch Review

but checking the owner's manual, it reads:
"Cal. 4R35, 4R36, 4R37, 4R38 & 4R39"

and we've seen the seikos 5s with 4R36 movement as well... the 35, i am assuming would be similar to the 36, but without day... the 37, with 24H counter... but what about the 38 and 39?!?:think:

any variants / models using this movement already?

#3 ·
Dude... you should scroll down @ the link you've provided, look at the comments area, more infos of the 4rxx movements are given.

#4 ·
saw Yeoman's write up on the SSA003K:
4R37 Seiko Superior - SSA003K « Yeoman's Watch Review

but checking the owner's manual, it reads:
"Cal. 4R35, 4R36, 4R37, 4R38 & 4R39"

and we've seen the seikos 5s with 4R36 movement as well... the 35, i am assuming would be similar to the 36, but without day... the 37, with 24H counter... but what about the 38 and 39?!?:think:

any variants / models using this movement already?
I was wondering the same thing about these movements and came to WUS to look for info...

As Ed.Yang pointed out, there was some info in the link you posted. Namely this:
Text Font Parallel Number

As for your second question, the new Premier autos are using the 4R39. They just came out and they're around $650 MSRP. Cheaper than the previous gen with the 6R20/6R15 and I think the specs reflect that. I like the skeleton view on the face of the watch, but dislike that there is no date view. If you see it in person, the new watch is also smaller than its older brother.

Premier - Automatic with 24-hour Indicator | SEIKO WATCH CORPORATION

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.