amazon.com won't ship to me in Canada...

Thread: amazon.com won't ship to me in Canada...

-->
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

amazon.com won't ship to me in Canada...

...Some apparent really good deals on Amazon.com, but they won't ship to Canada (for warranty reasons, I think), and Amazon.ca does not list the watches. These watches have decent reviews, high value and in Canada, an unique factor.

Does anyone from Canada have any experience ordering from reputable and reliable outfits? Is anyone willing to recommend such an outfit?

Thanks

Suspended

Re: amazon.com won't ship to me in Canada...

What watches are you refering to?

Humph, same for UK. The entire Orient and Invicta ranges are good examples of watches available on US Amazon with no option to ship overseas. You'd think Amazon would have some facility (perhaps through local Amazon sites) to pay extra shipping and perhaps a reasonable mark-up to cover a limited retailer's warranty in the overseas country, but no.

I guess it's to protect their regional businesses at times of extreme currency fluctuation eg when we were getting 2 USD to 1 GBP last year. Man, I should have bought more watches then

Orange Mako. Looks like a fun watch on the website. Would buy the Blue Mako as well, but struck a decent deal for the Citizen Calibre 8700.

I'd recommend Higuchi. He's terrific--knowledgeable, businesslike, and completely honest and reliable--and he handles all Japanese brands (his is a Seiko Master Shop). He ships by EMS, and on my one transaction (so far) with him, shipping from Japan to me in Vancouver took less than a week. I've found his prices just about impossible to beat.

http://www.higuchi-inc.com/index-e.html
    Vancouver

I usually have stuff sent to my sister in Seattle, I always find better deals at amazon.com compared to .ca
    I Love Watches

Thanks! I'll check him out.

Or you can ask a member here in the US to do you the favor and accept delivery or buy the watches for you, then reship them to you at your cost.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Isthmus View Post
    Or you can ask a member here in the US to do you the favor and accept delivery or buy the watches for you, then reship them to you at your cost.
    ^^^^

Probably your best bet yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rxmgr View Post
    ...Some apparent really good deals on Amazon.com, but they won't ship to Canada (for warranty reasons, I think), and Amazon.ca does not list the watches. These watches have decent reviews, high value and in Canada, an unique factor.

Does anyone from Canada have any experience ordering from reputable and reliable outfits? Is anyone willing to recommend such an outfit?

Thanks
    The distribution agreements signed by these US sellers restrict them from shipping into Canada. This situation is not limited to watches - try ordering All Clad pots & pans from places like Crate & Barrrel and you'll find the same restrictions.

You could use Chronoworld; located on Cambie Street in Vancouver. He has most of the JDM product and is a good guy to deal with. Google will get you the link.
    Casio: PAW1300-1V
    Nomos: Tangomat (Zeta), Tetra Large (Alpha)
    Rolex: Air King (ca. 1982), Cellini (c.a. 1980)
    Seiko: SNM009 White Samurai, SKX781 Orange Monster, SBDC003 Blue Sumo, SBDC005 Orange Sumo,SNKF07 "BFS", SKX007, 6306 - 7001, 6105 - 8119, 6309 - 7040, SBDX001 Marine Master 300,KS 5625-7040 Hi-Beat Chronometer, SPB015J1 Double Retrograde
    Stowa: Marine Original (Serial), Fleiger Original (Serial)
    Tutima: F2 PR

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information