Any thoughts on straps for SRP triple 7?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Any thoughts on straps for SRP triple 7?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Recently purchased an SRP77 and, as others have said, it's a spot on watch with a nice rubber strap.

Anyway, been having a look at strap alternatives just for the fun of it and I reckon a military green or a dark (not black) charcoal or a bond NATO are probably the way forward.

However, I read somewhere that a heavy-ish watch and a NATO aren't really a good match in terms of comfort and sitting well on the wrist.

Anyone vouch for this? What's your experience with various straps on the SRP?

These in my opinion are a must have for the triple 7, a black toxicnato great quality nato and amazing hardware, a borealis iso soft rubber, the waffle from unckleseiko and the tropic from watchgecko. The only one I don't own, yet, is the tropic but it's on my list.

Regarding your concern about the feel on natos, I personally don't find them uncomfortable and it works great on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JRMARTINS; 2 Days Ago at 19:24.
    cantona77 and m84 like this.

Re: Any thoughts on straps for SRP triple 7?

Quote Originally Posted by JRMARTINS View Post
    These in my opinion are a must have for the triple 7, a black toxicnato great quality nato and amazing hardware, a borealis iso soft rubber, the waffle from unckleseiko and the tropic from watchgecko.
    Pretty much this. I've got a watch gecko (zuludiver) rubber NATO which is fantastic and I highly recommend. So far my favourite combination. Funnily enough I have just ordered a watch gecko Tropic strap for my SRP773 which I am excited to receive. I've been holding off buying one for months and finally caved even though the rubber NATO is going to be damn hard to beat.

Other than those mentioned perhaps a strapcode bracelet?
    cantona77 likes this.

Try the rubber nato from watchgecko. Its much better than a nylon nato, because the flex (or rather, slight resistance to folding completely) in the rubber will help keep the watch in place with less "tightness".
    cantona77 likes this.
    wat

I love mine on a rubber Bonetto Cinturini 328 - thin but strong 2 piece rubber Nato with beautiful hardware finish.

I only wear mine on a Zulu strap. Feels fine, be it 1.2 or 1.4 mm thick, though I prefer
    the ToxicRoyals from ToxicNato.

Giddy-up,
    Cowboy

m84

Quote Originally Posted by JRMARTINS View Post
    These in my opinion are a must have for the triple 7, a black toxicnato great quality nato and amazing hardware, a borealis iso soft rubber, the waffle from unckleseiko and the tropic from watchgecko. The only one I don't own, yet, is the tropic but it's on my list.

Regarding your concern about the feel on natos, I personally don't find them uncomfortable and it works great on them.

Hi all,
    Isn't the tropic from watchgecko more silicone than rubber? I'm wondering if it would be too soft (for this watch) and lint magnet. Anyone know?
    I'm considering either a waffle from unlceseiko, (or even the tire tread one but haven't decided yet) or the iso style from Borealis, but they're still not in stock.

@JRMARTINS how's the Borealis and the uncleseiko on your watch?

Cheers,
    Lou

Quote Originally Posted by m84 View Post
    Hi all,
    Isn't the tropic from watchgecko more silicone than rubber? I'm wondering if it would be too soft (for this watch) and lint magnet. Anyone know?
    I'm considering either a waffle from unlceseiko, (or even the tire tread one but haven't decided yet) or the iso style from Borealis, but they're still not in stock.

@JRMARTINS how's the Borealis and the uncleseiko on your watch?

Cheers,
    Lou
    The Unckleseiko is similar to the Z22 that comes with the SKX, the Borealis is soft and supple but doesn't work well with the fat bars you have to get skinny bars with the correct tip.

m84 likes this.

I run the Borealis strap on standard Seiko fat bars just fine. Just use a bit of lube to get the bars in, the strap is very strong so no risk of damage. Name:  DSCF6851.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  153.4 KB

I have my triple-7 on a tan leather NATO at the moment and it looks great. My wife says it looks like a whole new watch, so why do I keep looking at other new watches. I think I may have shot myself in the foot....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information