Thread: Bands that fit Seiko's fat spring bars?

Bands that fit Seiko's fat spring bars?

Hello,

I recently acquired a Yobokies modded 007 and it is my first ever Seiko. I was a bit surprised at the thickness of the spring bars - none of my spare bands can fit them. I found the Z22 band to be too stiff and the keeper tended to press on my ulnar nerve causing discomfort. Since none of my bands fit, I had to use a NATO strap I had lying around. Only thing I dislike is how the NATO covers up the nice glassback I asked Harold to install. I really like the composite Maratac straps, especially the one with orange stitching. Would those bands fit the beefy Seiko spring bars?

Thanks.

I think Harold did a really nice job with the mod:

Re: Bands that fit Seiko's fat spring bars?

I've just asked an ebay seller the same question. His answer:

Thanks for the inquiry; No, the fat spring bar is too big for this straps, or you can said they are too big for most of the straps, actually, fat spring bar is same as the regular spring bar, they are not stronger then regular one, they just "fat" (bigger diameter). By the way, the maratac style straps does come with free straping bars.

So no, no maratac for fat spring bars.

For the Z22 strap, you can try to boil it in water. It tends to make it softer and more comfortable.
    Or you can search for the older, straight, rubber strap as opposed to the 'waved' z22. I find it to be more comfortable.

Here is a pic of the two:

Last edited by RichardC; January 16th, 2011 at 10:38.

I haven't found any rubber straps that can take the 2.5mm springbars. A good alternative is to buy some skinny springbars from ebay seller wjean28 that have the 1.1mm ends. That's the same diameter as the ends on the fat Seiko bars. That way, you can use any strap you want and not have to worry about your lug holes rounding out.
    Human existence is completely dependent on the upper 6 inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

Suppose I could try stretching the band material using some heat or something. I did try boiling the strap for 20 minutes and they didn't get much softer, if any at all. I think the wave Z22 band is quite nice, just that it is still stiffer than what I like.

I'll try looking for the thinner spring bars on bay. Thanks for the tip, clouser.

Here's my experience.

Fat spring bars fit in the curved-vent Seiko rubber straps. But they don't fit in the old straight-vent Seiko rubber straps. I tried selling my straight-vent Seiko strap, but nobody would even pay shipping on it. I've tried stretching out the holes to get the fat spring bars to fit to no avail. So when I get a chance, I am going to try to drill them out.

And fat spring bars fit just fine in my strap I ordered from Modena Watch Straps, as well as my Panatime leather and Hirsch Liberty.
    Just my $o.o2.

Ticino Type A | Orient Curator |
    Bernhardt Sea Shark | Seiko SKX Black Monster | Vostok Amphibia 090 | Casio G-Shock G6900

Quote Originally Posted by brandon\ View Post
    Here's my experience.

Fat spring bars fit in the curved-vent Seiko rubber straps. But they don't fit in the old straight-vent Seiko rubber straps. I tried selling my straight-vent Seiko strap, but nobody would even pay shipping on it. I've tried stretching out the holes to get the fat spring bars to fit to no avail. So when I get a chance, I am going to try to drill them out.

And fat spring bars fit just fine in my strap I ordered from Modena Watch Straps, as well as my Panatime leather and Hirsch Liberty.
    The straight vent straps do take fat springbars. All my Seiko divers are either on a bracelet or on the straight vent straps.

BTW, if you like the Z22 wave vent strap, look up fellow WUS member Jake B. He sells aftermarket straps that look almost exactly like the Z22, but the rubber is much softer. They also take the 2.5mm springbars.
    Human existence is completely dependent on the upper 6 inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

Thread Information