Best Place to Buy Seiko in Dubai

Thread: Best Place to Buy Seiko in Dubai

-->

Best Place to Buy Seiko in Dubai

Hi All,

I've made some research around here but could not find the exact information that I am looking for. Hence this new post...
    I will be travelling to Dubai for few days and need to have some insight from WUS members who have the know-how of buying Seiko's there. I will have very limited time for shopping, so I need to be very accurate. Below is the basic data about what I am looking for, so that you can guide me more accurately.
    - I would like to see a wide variety of Seikos. But I will be looking for below 600 USD Seikos, so no need to see any Grand Seikos.
    - I would love to try some Japan Domestic Seikos on my wrist. Are they available in any store in Dubai?
    - I'll be flying back and forth through Dubai Airport. So what about Duty Free Shops?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you could provide.

Re: Best Place to Buy Seiko in Dubai

Anyone?
    Did I post this one in a wrong place? Please advise.
    Thanks

I looked around and really didn't find anything other than at the Duty Free in Arrivals. They have more at the Duty Free in departures though than they did at Arrivals.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stGenRex View Post
    I looked around and really didn't find anything other than at the Duty Free in Arrivals. They have more at the Duty Free in departures though than they did at Arrivals.
    Hi

Its been nearly 18 months since I was last in Dubai - if I recall the mall names correctly - try the "Festival Mall" (I may have the name wrong... but it was the mall that had an Ikea on the 1st floor and a very large electronics store called Plug-ins by the Taxi rank).

On the 1st floor, not too far from Ikea, I came across a watch store which had a separate little room at the back containing the largest selection of Seiko watches I'd ever seen.

IRO buying from the malls, my experience was that there seemed to be a lot of price fixing... so whilst you will be able to haggle a discount, you will quickly discover that the best price was exactly the same at every store.

I would also suggest that if you are able to get the Seiko... you head off to Trader Vics and invest in several Tiki Puka Pukas to celebrate!

Cheers
    /Vintage VDB 2014 Steel Polished/Casio Rangeman GW-9400-1DR/Casio Frogman GF-1000-1DR/Aquadive Bathyscaphe 300 SS/Aquadive Bathyscaphe 100 Bronze (Brown)/
    /Benarus Titanium Moray 47 Chronograph/Benarus Bronze Moray 47 (Green Dial)/Seiko Ananta Spring Drive Chronograph (SPS007J1)/Citizen SHEcozilla (BJ8041) Suppaparts/
    /Seiko Ananta Spring Drive GMT (SNR019J1)/Seiko Fieldmaster (SBDC013)/Seiko Spork (SRP043K1)/Seiko Yellow BFK (SKA367K1)/Seiko Orange Monster (SKX781K1)/
    /Casio Heart of Darkness Protrek (PRG-130Y-1D)/Seiko Land Shark (SKZ209)/Omega James Bond Seamaster Professional (2531.80.00)/

Quote Originally Posted by non-stop View Post
    Hi

Its been nearly 18 months since I was last in Dubai - if I recall the mall names correctly - try the "Festival Mall" (I may have the name wrong... but it was the mall that had an Ikea on the 1st floor and a very large electronics store called Plug-ins by the Taxi rank).

On the 1st floor, not too far from Ikea, I came across a watch store which had a separate little room at the back containing the largest selection of Seiko watches I'd ever seen.

IRO buying from the malls, my experience was that there seemed to be a lot of price fixing... so whilst you will be able to haggle a discount, you will quickly discover that the best price was exactly the same at every store.

I would also suggest that if you are able to get the Seiko... you head off to Trader Vics and invest in several Tiki Puka Pukas to celebrate!

Cheers
    Looks like you have the name right according to this website - Dubai Festival City Mall | Dubai Shopping Malls UAE

I'll be through there again in a couple months, I'll try to get some pictures, or at least a watch or 2 : P

Thanks for the reply!

Christmas Island Australia (not in the Pacific)

If you want to haggle and see some interesting watch repairers, head to the "Old Souk" area near the creek area. Very interesting and heaps of bargains.

From a tour through the city, I vaguely remember at least one watch store near the creek area, close to where all the fabrics and stuff were being sold. That is one place I meant to check out next time I'm there.

I know that now it can be too late, but here is the location where you can find the best deals:
    Seiko is distributed officially by Al Futtaim Watches & Jewellery. In Deira, Baniyas Square where the head office is, there is a watch shop on the ground floor, a sort of Factory outlet. I think this is where prices are usually the best.

Beware buying from unofficial dealers, as there is a strong fake and parallel import inflow of Seiko, but obviously without international warranty!
    Current collection:

Seiko Premier Kinetic Perpetual SNP045P1 - 130th anniversary limited edition

Tissot T-Lord T059.507.16.018.00 - automatic
    Kolber K5001.1011.58 - dress watch
    Westar 5532TTN103 - titanium
    TW Steel TW76
    TW Steel CE1031
    Lorus RJ617AX9
    EDC EE100561004 - retro analog
    Everlast
    33-503-005 - digital

Thread Information