Charging a Eco Drive

Thread: Charging a Eco Drive

-->
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Charging a Eco Drive

My ecozilla is still moving at 2 sec jump despite me putting it in the sun for hours.

Anyway knows what is going on with my watch?

Re: Charging a Eco Drive

I've had the same problem before with my Zilla. Has it had at least a FULL day to charge? If so try this, unscrew the crown pull it out to set the time, move the hands forward about 10 hrs then back to the correct time. Then screw the crown back in tight. I've done this twice before and it's worked for me and I've read about other people doing the same with the same results.
    Buy the seller! "Trust but Verify" quote- Ronald Reagan....

A full day or so will supposedly get the power reserve to full. Just let it sit in a window sill for a day and you'll be good to go.

Whatever you do though, don't rest it right under a hot lamp. CFL's are okay because they don't really get hot.

SEIKO & CITIZEN Moderator raggyboy's Avatar

Never put the watch under the direct sun for any long period (not more than 10-15 mins). It will mess up the dial and hands. Try putting it under indirect sunlight for few more hours. Also try it like 2BATTRANGER mentioned.

I had a similar issue on a watch I bought online...

for days it was doing the "double tick"

I pulled out the crown, stopped the watch.. pushed it back in.. and it resumed working normally again :S

other then pulling out the crown is there any other thing i can do. i charge up the watch for a few hours in the morning sun and did the reset thing, but the watch still doing the double tick.

i am now trying the charge with the crown pull out. hopefully that will get the watch going.
    Last edited by sirrender; December 12th, 2010 at 09:22.

I would leave it in a room getting fairly bright, but indirect sun, and just leave it for a couple of days.

A lot can depend on where you are, the strength of the sun and so on, outside will be better than inside, the low sun on a winters day will be nowhere near as strong as the noon sun in summer and so on. So I would leave the watch somewhere it can steadily accumulate charge without risk of damage (so not left outside to fight the weather, or directly under a hot lamp) and give it a couple days to get a full charge - if it is on the 2 second tick it means the charge is very low, so it will take a while.

Do Eco-Drives also have a kind of "battery" that one day gets tired and has to be replaced? In 10 years or more... The solar cell loads the battery until the battery no more is able to reserve.. Could this be the case here?

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by japi View Post
    Do Eco-Drives also have a kind of "battery" that one day gets tired and has to be replaced? In 10 years or more... The solar cell loads the battery until the battery no more is able to reserve.. Could this be the case here?
    Yes, the Eco-Drive uses a rechargeable Lithium Ion type battery. The useful life of these batteries(if kept at proper charge levels) is between 10 to 20 years. Whether the cell is being charged or left on a shelf, it will lose 5% of it's storage capacity each year.

Question Re: Charging a Eco Drive

Quote Originally Posted by Pawl_Buster View Post
    Yes, the Eco-Drive uses a rechargeable Lithium Ion type battery. The useful life of these batteries(if kept at proper charge levels) is between 10 to 20 years. Whether the cell is being charged or left on a shelf, it will lose 5% of it's storage capacity each year.
    I have one Citizen Eco-Drive, I bougth it in 1998. Some weeks ago, I have noticed that the watch stops during nigth, I works well while is under direct or indirect sun ligth. I think may the battery life is now almost "expired". Does any one know how can I get the appropiated rechargeable battery for my Eco-Drive? (model Nr. 7870-H05313 TA, Tinanium)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information