Chino Watch Company? - Page 10
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Chino Watch Company?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Re: Chino Watch Company?

Quote Originally Posted by jupiter6 View Post
    I have been to his shop. No, they don't speak English. Of course you can pay by credit card and i don't remember if they have any fee but I don't think so.
    Thank you all for informtion.

@jupiter6 - So you say no English..? That's too bad because while being there by myself I could think about a way to comunicate, then asking my friend not only to go to the store she doesn't know and buy the watch she can't recognize but also do this without possibility to communicate... That seems a little.. risky. But.. we'll see :)

Any other store that you could recommend where this watch in Tokyo could be bought?

What can I write about Chino?

An absolute gem. They are 'Sound as a Pound!'

Chino was the cheapest price out of the three main guys, it was straight forward to order from their website (unlike others), and unbelievably SUPER fast delivery to the UK (Three days - Amazing)! I was really impressed with the over all service. I think by luck, I didn't get picked up by customs even though the packaging was marked accordingly.

Would I do business with Chino again? Definitely.

Thumbs up Chino :)

Oh I forgot to mention I purchased the GW-5000 1JF. It's a wicked watch!
    Last edited by Tranzformer; March 21st, 2017 at 01:24.

Quote Originally Posted by andrzejj9 View Post
    Thank you all for informtion.

@jupiter6 - So you say no English..? That's too bad because while being there by myself I could think about a way to comunicate, then asking my friend not only to go to the store she doesn't know and buy the watch she can't recognize but also do this without possibility to communicate... That seems a little.. risky. But.. we'll see :)

Any other store that you could recommend where this watch in Tokyo could be bought?

You could always attempt to learn what needed to be said in Japanese in order to make the purchase, seeing as how you'd be in their country as a guest you shouldn't really expect them to know English, even if it is so common around the globe for commerce.

If Chino doesn't know English they sure do a great job faking it. Invoices have comments written in nearly-perfect English thanking for the purchase. Yeah, maybe a noun determiner missing here or there, but better than a lot of idiots who speak English only.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post
    If Chino doesn't know English they sure do a great job faking it. Invoices have comments written in nearly-perfect English thanking for the purchase. Yeah, maybe a noun determiner missing here or there, but better than a lot of idiots who speak English only.
    The person who fills the orders doesn't work in the shop perhaps?

It makes no difference anyway. This is a zombie thread that was pointlessly resurrected.

I use English when I buy watches from Chino or their eBay store (tokyoexp1999). One time I tried to use Japanese, but my email showed up as gibberish on their end. That was weird. So, I decided to use English although we both speak Japanese.

Then again, I prefer to use English. For example, when I asked my brother to check the chapter ring alignment on SUMO several years ago, it took forever to explain that to him in Japanese. Because, no one really knows how to say chapter ring in Japanese.
    “Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” - George Bernard Shaw

"Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy." - Obi Wan Kenobi

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread Information