WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Chino Watch Company?

67K views 107 replies 76 participants last post by  tsteph12 
#1 ·
Anybody familiar with them? I found their site and they have an amazing price on the Direct Drive diver. It appears they have a store in Japan like Higuchi and was curious to see if anyone has dealt with them with purchases. It appears they only deal with Seiko.

#4 ·
Great find Torrid, and thanks for the link!

Decent prices. I bet they would include shipping as well if the issue was pressed...can you say Orange Sumo?? Good...I knew that you could. (Fred Rogers)

#9 ·
When someone tries them out, please make sure to post your experience with them. It would be nice to have a 4th source for japan market watches listed in our links.
+1K on that...now all I need to do is buy one:-(;-)

#14 ·
Hey guys,

Well, I jumped in..... I ordered a SUMO from Chino Watch last night.

First let me say that I lobbed a general email to the website just to see what sort of response I got. Here is what I got back:

Dear Doug.
This is web master Makoto Ghino.
Thank you for your attention to us.
We are authorized dealer of SEIKO since1905.
Do not worry about garantee and original box and handle brandnew watch only.
Also we can publish international garantee card of SEIKO with our authorized number.
Your first question of Total amount of
SBBN007 and SBDC001 will be 888USD with
ship and H/C.
These are in stock now.
We are looking for your INTRENATIONAL order soon.

Thank you again and
Have a good time with your fine watches.
Best regarded.
Makoto Chino.

Going through their "order process" you enter a bunch of information like name, address, etc etc..... then you hit "submit(or whatever they have listed)" and I got an error page. Within 2-3 minutes I had a response email that said "we got your order please wait while we process it and send you instructions on how to pay". Kind of weird.... but when you fill out that first form I mentioned you don't give them ANY payment information so I wasn't worried. THen, within about 5 hours I got an email from them that was very nice and personal but half english and half Japanese. There was a link to paypal so I clicked it. It was indeed an invoice and again had a lot of Japanese on it. I was easily able to make my way through the process and get a confirmation that my payment was submitted. Then I went to bed. When I work up this morning I had recieved an email that my watch had already been shipped and I should have it within 5-6 days.

I will re-post once I get the watch.

All in all I would confidentally order from Chino Watch again. No worries at all for me.

Regards,
Doug.

#21 ·
Oh I see now. for a second there I thought I was seeing things. That's actually a bit below market. Not bad. one question though, how have these gusy been AD's since 1908? I thought Seiko only sold clocks in those days. any one know for sure?
Probably typo- meant 1980

#31 · (Edited)
I've just been looking at the Chino web site. Looks like they've increased some of the prices. Was'nt the Sumo $444 the other day? Price now is $478, which now makes it slightly more expensive than Higuchi. Looks as if the MM has gone up about $100 too!:roll:

I just looked at Seiya's site, he also says he will soon increase prices due to the fact that the dollar has plunged! So if you intend to buy a nice Seiko or Citizen, you'd better do it soon.

Talk about a plunged dollar, we in the UK can only get $1.74 for £1. Not long ago we could get $2.10.

#32 ·
I've just been looking at the Chino web site. Looks like they've increased some of the prices. Was'nt the Sumo $444 the other day? Price now is $478, which now makes it slightly more expensive than Higuchi. Looks as if the MM has gone up about $100 too!:roll:

I just looked at Seiya's site, he also says he will soon increase prices due to the fact that the dollar has plunged! So if you intend to buy a nice Seiko or Citizen, you'd better do it soon.

Talk about a plunged dollar, we in the UK can only get $1.74 for £1. Not long ago we could get $2.10.
Thanks for the info. o|

#34 ·
They can also source Orient watches.. :-!

Here is reply to my email enquiry:

Dear Lewis.
This is Chino Watch webmaster Makoto.
Thank you for your attention to us.
Your question about orient watch yes we can.
Please let'us know it's reference number of your
interested model.
Thank you again and see you soon.
Best regerded.
Makoto Chino.

Cheers

#40 ·
Resurrected an old post for this question:

Do I have to go through PayPal in order to purchase a watch from Chino Watch? Do they now have an order form on which I just fill out the credit card and shipping info and then hit "submit" (or whatever verbiage used)?

I am millimeters from pulling the trigger!

HELP!
:)

#42 ·
I think you just have to email them with what you want, then they email you back with the details on how to order or just send you a PayPal invoice. I haven't purchased from them, yet, but I have sent them several emails of inquiry and they have been very responsive and helpful, each time. If/when I buy a new JDM watch, I'd probably go through them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.