Chino Watch Company? - Page 8
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Chino Watch Company?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Re: Chino Watch Company?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderzy View Post
    considering an order through chino. Any current dealings with this company I should be aware of?
    I'll refer you to my post from July 28th. Go to: Chino Tuna, Ummm! SBBN017

Be well,

AZ
    "There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that provides the difficulties."
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Another thumbs up for Chino. Order placed for a SARB035 near midnight Tuesday night, received this morning. I stumbled upon a picture of this JDM watch a few weeks back, but was nervous about ordering from a Japanese company, mostly just assuming there would be a big shipping fee and some kind of hassle. Thanks to this forum, I decided to give Seiya a try. Unfortunately, their website was "down for maintenance" for about 4 days, and I started researching alternate vendors. Chino had the best price and great reviews, and I couldn't be happier with the watch and the buying experience. Will definitely shop with them again!

-Z

Chino is great.
    Swiss: ​Omega Speedmaster Professional (3573.50), Rolex Air King (114200)
    Russian: Vostok Amphibian
    German: Nomos Club Automat, Nomos Tangente Datum, Damasko DA45
    Japanese: Grand Seiko (SBGR051), Seiko Presage Urushi (SARW013), Seiko Orange Monster

2 years ago a bought a sarb017 bracelet from Chino. Unfortunately, as of today, he no longer ships to Europe.

I've recently bought three watches from Chino and have been very pleased with the experience every time - fast response, fast shipping, good prices, and great service. I definitely recommend them.
    hiro1963 likes this.
    Hello.

when making orders, bear in mind the time difference between where you are and japan, their working day maybe your nightime and vice versa, just a thought
    Seiko Sport 100, 1981
    Oakley D1 all black, 1999
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean,45.5mm,Orange Bezel,SS bracelet.born 11/08/2010
    Casio GW9400j 1 jf Rangeman, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by johnlummis View Post
    when making orders, bear in mind the time difference between where you are and japan, their working day maybe your nightime and vice versa, just a thought
    Haha yes indeed! I woke up a bit earlier to give them a call about a 'lost' order. Happens to be that the postal office in the Netherlands were a bit clumsy

Quote Originally Posted by FongSayYuk View Post
    Haha yes indeed! I woke up a bit earlier to give them a call about a 'lost' order. Happens to be that the postal office in the Netherlands were a bit clumsy
    Very sorry to hear that. Hope they can locate your watch soon.

Anyway, I bought 3 watches from Chino this year. I usually place an order around 8:00 PM central time on Sunday (10 AM Monday in Japan). I usually get a PayPal invoice within 15 minutes and I pay and then go to bed. They usually ships about a few hours later and the package arrives on Thursday in Wisconsin.

I just had a really good experience ordering from Chino. I ordered a Seiko late on Wednesday (around 11 pm Eastern), and after a few emails back and forth during the following hour (I wanted it shipped to an address different from my confirmed PayPal address, which they cannot do), they sent me tracking number around 2 am -- three hours after I ordered it! I specified that I wanted it shipped with EMS (they also offer FedEx) and they took care of that easily. USPS tried delivering the watch to my door in central Pennsylvania Saturday morning, less than 72 hours after I ordered the watch. They were very quick replying to emails and all of the communication went smoothly.

The watch I ordered was $778, and since I was not home when USPS tried delivering it I picked it up at the post office the following business day. I asked whether there was any chance of getting a customs bill in the mail at a later time (I've heard of this happening, although I think that was with UPS or FedEx), and the lady confirmed that when you get the shipment from USPS there is no after-the-fact customs charge. If you have to pay customs, you pay when you pick up the package or there is a bill attached with the package. So -- no customs on this watch :) If anyone's interested, here's the USPS tracking and the Japan Post tracking.

My experience with Chino could not have been better and I will definitely order my next Seiko from them.
    Last edited by toraksel; May 15th, 2015 at 17:42. Reason: typo

Excellent service from Chino Watch co, received my new Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF from them yesterday, delivered at my home in the Netherlands, paid the international price listed here: OCW-S100-1AJF.OCW-S100-7A2JF plus USD 28 for FedEx shipping. Attractive indeed. I heartily recommend Chino for your JDM Seiko, Citizen and Casio.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information