WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Chino Watch Company?

67K views 107 replies 76 participants last post by  tsteph12 
#1 ·
Anybody familiar with them? I found their site and they have an amazing price on the Direct Drive diver. It appears they have a store in Japan like Higuchi and was curious to see if anyone has dealt with them with purchases. It appears they only deal with Seiko.

#43 ·
Thank you for your advice.

I just emailed them and received an immediate response from Webmaster Makoto, and he attached an official credit card form on which all I had to do was give my credit card information so that they can verify it. Once verified, the watch will be shipped out. No need to go through PayPal (an option), which was what I was trying to avoid. They make it easy to order.

I'll report back on the watch as soon as I receive it -- an Alpinist SARB015 with the black dial.

Thanks, again.

#45 ·
They adjust their prices regularly based on the USD-Yen exchange rate.
You just happen to experience one of these adjustments.
Unfortunately the prices have gone up quite a bit in the last year.
I still remember a time when you could have a new Sumo for 400$.

#47 ·
Hi,

I bought my Sumo, SBDC001, from them 3 months ago before the price increase for UDS485. The price included EMS shipping.

The service and response I received was perfect.
My watch arrived in spotless condition with box and all papers and an international warrantee.

I will definitely use them again.

Cheers.

#50 ·
Chino is the third of the major Japanese dealers that deliver internationally. Seiya (usually the most expensive but with splendid service), Higuchi (usually the cheapest and with splendid service) and Chino (prices are competitive and with SPLENDID service). Retailers could take a lesson or two from these three companies on how to treat customers.

#51 · (Edited)
I'm ordered a watch from chino last night, got my email response and then an invoice from them via PayPal.

I sent the funds via PayPal and haven't heard anything since. I sent them an email around 10am this morning inquiring, yet no response. I used: international@c-watch.co.jp for my email.

Anyone have any insight?

Edit: Heard back from them at midnight last night. I was only concerned because the confirmation and invoice went out with some speed, but then things went quiet for over 24 hours. Also there was another email that i tried (listed on their PayPal contact information) which bounced back immediately.

#52 ·
I ordered a watch from chino last night, got my email response and then an invoice from them via PayPal.

I sent the funds via PayPal and haven't heard anything since. I sent them an email around 10am this morning inquiring, yet no response. I used: international@c-watch.co.jp for my email.

Anyone have any insight?
Be patient, you're not their only customer.

#53 ·
You will get a link to japan post and a copy of your tracking number, usually within a day. I ordered an Orient Star WZ0081EL on a Thursday, and it was at my post office on Monday.

You don't have to worry about Chino. They use EMS and package very well. Lastly, in my case, they beat everyone on price of the Orient Star.

Enjoy the watch.

#55 ·
I just ordered by SARB017 from them ten days ago. Watch showed up in just a few days, and they included a lovely Japanese art note card thanking me for the purchase. I'm squirreling away money now for a Sumo at some point. I'm sure I'll go through them again. Very good to deal with.

#58 ·
Hey Guys,

Great feedback from this store. I'm in the market for the GW-A1000 and was wondering if your invoice's/sales receipt listed the date purchased, model number of the watch, the store name and the price? This is so warranty work can be performed on the watch if need be.

#59 ·
Just got another watch from ChinoWatch and I can attest it has price, date, model, etc. etc. for warranty, you're good tcc13

#65 ·
I am a new member on Watchuseek after browsing for quite a while. I just placed my first order with Chino for a Seiko SBDN005 Solar Titanium Diver. I love the watch and couldn't be more pleased with the service from Chino: Quick, clear & courteous communications and lightening fast EMS shipping (Tonyo to US East Coast in 3 business days!)... product quality is first rate too. I think this may the first of many dealings with Chino!

#67 ·
Pretty much what everyone else here has said - you can't go wrong with Chino. I purchased a SARX015 from them and literally had it delivered 3 days later via EMS; solid packaging, nice postcard, and great service! I just ordered a SBBN017 tuna from them last night and can't wait to get it on my wrist - looks like this tuna took a $50 drop in case anyone is interested and I believe Chino has the best pricing on JDM models also.

#68 ·
Has anyone been able to request Chino to check for dial/chapter ring alignment on a sumo or other watch? I noticed they carry the same disclaimer as Seiya

#72 ·
Another thumbs up for Chino. Order placed for a SARB035 near midnight Tuesday night, received this morning. I stumbled upon a picture of this JDM watch a few weeks back, but was nervous about ordering from a Japanese company, mostly just assuming there would be a big shipping fee and some kind of hassle. Thanks to this forum, I decided to give Seiya a try. Unfortunately, their website was "down for maintenance" for about 4 days, and I started researching alternate vendors. Chino had the best price and great reviews, and I couldn't be happier with the watch and the buying experience. Will definitely shop with them again!

-Z

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.