WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Chino Watch Company?

67K views 107 replies 76 participants last post by  tsteph12 
#1 ·
Anybody familiar with them? I found their site and they have an amazing price on the Direct Drive diver. It appears they have a store in Japan like Higuchi and was curious to see if anyone has dealt with them with purchases. It appears they only deal with Seiko.

#73 ·
Chino is great.

#76 ·
when making orders, bear in mind the time difference between where you are and japan, their working day maybe your nightime and vice versa, just a thought

#79 · (Edited)
I just had a really good experience ordering from Chino. I ordered a Seiko late on Wednesday (around 11 pm Eastern), and after a few emails back and forth during the following hour (I wanted it shipped to an address different from my confirmed PayPal address, which they cannot do), they sent me tracking number around 2 am -- three hours after I ordered it! I specified that I wanted it shipped with EMS (they also offer FedEx) and they took care of that easily. USPS tried delivering the watch to my door in central Pennsylvania Saturday morning, less than 72 hours after I ordered the watch. They were very quick replying to emails and all of the communication went smoothly.

The watch I ordered was $778, and since I was not home when USPS tried delivering it I picked it up at the post office the following business day. I asked whether there was any chance of getting a customs bill in the mail at a later time (I've heard of this happening, although I think that was with UPS or FedEx), and the lady confirmed that when you get the shipment from USPS there is no after-the-fact customs charge. If you have to pay customs, you pay when you pick up the package or there is a bill attached with the package. So -- no customs on this watch :) If anyone's interested, here's the USPS tracking and the Japan Post tracking.

My experience with Chino could not have been better and I will definitely order my next Seiko from them.

#81 ·
Excellant Service! Ordered a Casio gw-5000-1jf with an additional strap. Details below:

Ordered on website 6/29/15
Chino sent Paypal Invoice 6/30/15
Receipt of Paypal purchase 6/30/15
Received watch (Milwaukee,Wi USA) on 7/6/15

There was the 4th of July weekend during the shipping time so the turn around would of been less if not for the US holiday. The package was very well packed. Note to buyers the watch box had been opened but no worries Chino put the Paypal receipt in the watch box along with stamping the one year warranty card with their business info. There was also a note with the URL to get the instruction in english for my watch. My watch was solar and it was fully charged when I received it. I wouldn't doubt that Chino gave it a light bath bath sending because that is the kind of top notch company they are.

Will buy from again!!

#83 ·
It's a Seiko limitation and not Chino's which are great. They are an Authorized Dealer unlike some of the other resellers (Seiya, ibuyjp, etc. who just buy from Amazon.co.jp, BIC Camera, etc. for resale).

Seiko EU is evil. They run VERO alerts on eBay and have them remove your listing if you sell a new Seiko below MSRP and ship to EU. Why there's a block in place to ship to EU is beyond me.

#85 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I am a new member on this forum. I just bought a G-shock Mudmaster from Chino Watch. The service was so nice that I think I should let everyone know. I read this thread to get to know this seller before making my purchase and I think I made a right choice. They proceeded things very fast. I placed the order on Friday 4/15/2016, they sent me the invoice and shipped the same day. I live in Houston, TX and it was in front of my door on Monday 4/18/2016, delivered by USPS. The watch came with 1 year international tourist warranty. And I think the price is pretty reasonable too. They also sent me a Japanese postcard which I really like. I will definitely come back for more. Here is a picture of my watch.
Material property Fashion accessory Feather Box Fictional character

#86 ·
Hello everyone,

Thank you for the opinions about this store. I wanted to ask if any of you bought a watch from this store in person - being in Tokyo? I'm asking because I'm interested in Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF . Next week my friends are going to be in Tokyo and they could pick up the watch for me (it's cheaper, and easier then to order by e-mail to my country - Poland). Do you know (I'm waiting for the reply from them right now) whether it is possible and if there are any important things to remember when doing so? (Not sure what that can be - but for example if I can pay by credit card (and if so if there is any additional fee), if they speak English etc.).

Alternatively - do you know any watch stores in Tokyo that can be recommended for such a purchase?

Thank you!

#88 ·
Thank you for the opinions about this store. I wanted to ask if any of you bought a watch from this store in person - being in Tokyo? I'm asking because I'm interested in Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF . Next week my friends are going to be in Tokyo and they could pick up the watch for me (it's cheaper, and easier then to order by e-mail to my country - Poland). Do you know (I'm waiting for the reply from them right now) whether it is possible and if there are any important things to remember when doing so? (Not sure what that can be - but for example if I can pay by credit card (and if so if there is any additional fee), if they speak English etc.).
If I recall correctly I bought the exact same watch from Chino shipped about a year back. Very happy with the purchase. The Oceanus is definitely an underappreciated brand in the GPS watch range. Syncs well globally and looks like a high end Aqua Terra. Can't tell you about the in store purchase experience, but Chino is a reputable and also authorized dealer. You can't go wrong with them.

I'm sure if you ordered online and requested by e-mail for in store pickup they would accommodate. I believe their online person is quite fluent in written English.

-Brian

#89 ·
I bought a Shogun from Chino. Great experience, I'd definitely recommend them!

#92 · (Edited)
What can I write about Chino?

An absolute gem. They are 'Sound as a Pound!'

Chino was the cheapest price out of the three main guys, it was straight forward to order from their website (unlike others), and unbelievably SUPER fast delivery to the UK (Three days - Amazing)! I was really impressed with the over all service. I think by luck, I didn't get picked up by customs even though the packaging was marked accordingly.

Would I do business with Chino again? Definitely.

Thumbs up Chino :)

Oh I forgot to mention I purchased the GW-5000 1JF. It's a wicked watch!

#94 ·
If Chino doesn't know English they sure do a great job faking it. Invoices have comments written in nearly-perfect English thanking for the purchase. Yeah, maybe a noun determiner missing here or there, but better than a lot of idiots who speak English only.

#96 ·
I use English when I buy watches from Chino or their eBay store (tokyoexp1999). One time I tried to use Japanese, but my email showed up as gibberish on their end. That was weird. So, I decided to use English although we both speak Japanese. :-d

Then again, I prefer to use English. For example, when I asked my brother to check the chapter ring alignment on SUMO several years ago, it took forever to explain that to him in Japanese. Because, no one really knows how to say chapter ring in Japanese. :rodekaart :-d

#101 ·
Then again, I prefer to use English. For example, when I asked my brother to check the chapter ring alignment on SUMO several years ago, it took forever to explain that to him in Japanese. Because, no one really knows how to say chapter ring in Japanese. :rodekaart :-d
Is this tongue in cheek humor or is this really possibly the reason for the (alleged) prevalence of chapter ring issues?

#102 ·
I bought a Tuna from Chino years ago, since sold it (big mistake), but was very pleased with both his price and his product, as well as the at the time delivery time which I do believe if my memory serves me well 3 or maybe 4 days. All in all I was more than content with the transaction. Maybe it's time to see if his transactions are still as flawless as they were in the past. Oh, there I go again, any good excuse to increase my collection. However a real good excuse if you ask me.

#103 ·
I can highly recommend them, outstanding customer service.

You only find out how good customer service is when you have a problem or lost tracked mail.

Chino went over and above, Seiya was the exact opposite, if i didnt chase him up nothing would have got done.

#104 ·
Hi Everyone! I just wanted to chime in to say that I've recently made two purchases from Chino, and both were really great experiences.

The watches themselves (SACM171--got one for my father-in-law...and one for me :) are excellent, they were well packaged, and the shipping was super fast. I remember one of my orders being processed on a Monday (I had submitted my order request the day before, on a Sunday, when they're closed), and I got that watch on Thursday. To me that's pretty crazy fast (shipping was from Japan to USA). I've also corresponded with them prior to and after shipping, and they've been quick to respond and their responses have been thoughtful.

So, if you're looking for info on Chino and have found way to this thread, I can definitely vouch for them. They're great!

#106 ·
I purchased the T200 from Chino Watch and they were absolutely fantastic. I contacted 4 different watch vendors mentioned on this site. Chino was the 2nd to respond and two others never responded. Chino Watch's price was great and they were quick to answer a question I had about watch band length. I was concerned it might be too small (I have a 7.5" to 8.0" wrist) but they said they measured it it would be no problem. Turns out they were right - I'm gonna have to take out a link or two.

I filled out their order form, got an invoice response back right away, and paid via Paypal. No more than 4 hours later I have confirmation of payment and information on shipping. It shipped via DHL on 6/9 at 13:32. On Wednesday 6/10 it was in Cincinnati at 21:00. On Thursday 6/11 it was placed in my hands in Dallas at 15:15. No additional customs duties or taxes needed to be paid. Incredible.

The watch is gorgeous - everything I hoped it would be. Packaging was great - bubble wrap around the white Oceanus box and all of that inside a brown shipping box. Warranty cards completely filled out and stamped. Manual has a complete section in English.I am really pleased with my choice of product and I am especially pleased with the excellent service and attention to detail by Chino Watch. I will use them again with no reservations.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

#107 ·
I purchased the T200 from Chino Watch and they were absolutely fantastic. I contacted 4 different watch vendors mentioned on this site. Chino was the 2nd to respond and two others never responded. Chino Watch's price was great and they were quick to answer a question I had about watch band length. I was concerned it might be too small (I have a 7.5" to 8.0" wrist) but they said they measured it it would be no problem. Turns out they were right - I'm gonna have to take out a link or two.

I filled out their order form, got an invoice response back right away, and paid via Paypal. No more than 4 hours later I have confirmation of payment and information on shipping. It shipped via DHL on 6/9 at 13:32. On Wednesday 6/10 it was in Cincinnati at 21:00. On Thursday 6/11 it was placed in my hands in Dallas at 15:15. All of this in the middle of COVID-19 worldwide. No additional customs duties or taxes needed to be paid. Incredible.

The watch is gorgeous - everything I hoped it would be. Packaging was great - bubble wrap around the white Oceanus box and all of that inside a brown shipping box. Warranty cards completely filled out and stamped. Manual has a complete section in English.I am really pleased with my choice of product and I am especially pleased with the excellent service and attention to detail by Chino Watch. I will use them again with no reservations.
View attachment 15205631

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.