Citizen BM6400-00E Eco-drive - Page 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Citizen BM6400-00E Eco-drive

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Citizen BM6400-00E Eco-drive

Hi Lio,

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures with mine on a 22mm Nato strap. The lug width of the BM6400 is as you stated 21mm. Personally, I like the slightly wider 22mm strap, it looks better proportioned to this watch. The 20mm just looks too skinny to me.

On the BM6400 the 22mm is just ever so slightly "squished", but to tell you the truth it's not noticeable. Now, being narrower the 20mm exposes some of the springbar which just kind of bugs me.

I really recommend that you get one and see how you like it. Try a 22mm, it'll work fine. Just don't over-think this and obsess about 1mm. I mean, it's just a watch strap right?

Mike

lio

thats the same model you own?

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/M...22mm-cinza-_JM

Only 2 rings?

When the watch is out of the rist it wont slip?
    Last edited by lio; October 7th, 2008 at 03:38.

Suspended

lio...congrats on the citizen. I look forward to seeing this watch on a red strap. Please post some pictures when you have them.

Lio, these two watches are very different. The monster is a purpose built professional diver, made to meet ISO diver standards. The citizen is a nice and rugged sports watch, but not a diver. It is not made to meet ISO standards and it lacks several essential features of a dive watch (such as a means to time your dive).

The citizen is a very nice watch, but it is made mainly for all-around wear. The Monster is a diver and it is specifically made for diving and use in wet environments. If your main concern is to use it for diving and other water based activities, buy the monster (or any other ISO rated diver you might prefer).

I use this model http://www.countycomm.com/milnato.htm in black. I would not think it would slip off a two ring 22mm because the strap will be a little tighter between the 21mm lugs. If you get the 2 ring, just be careful.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Isthmus View Post
    Lio, these two watches are very different. The monster is a purpose built professional diver, made to meet ISO diver standards. The citizen is a nice and rugged sports watch, but not a diver. It is not made to meet ISO standards and it lacks several essential features of a dive watch (such as a means to time your dive).

The citizen is a very nice watch, but it is made mainly for all-around wear. The Monster is a diver and it is specifically made for diving and use in wet environments. If your main concern is to use it for diving and other water based activities, buy the monster (or any other ISO rated diver you might prefer).

Much better stated than I did.

Mike

lio

i just bought a bond nato, black and grey, its going to look good? what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by lio View Post
    i just bought a bond nato, black and grey, its going to look good? what do you guys think?
    I have thought about trying a black and grey Bond Nato too. Personally, I think it's going to look really nice on that strap.

Mike

Hi Lio,
    I personally feel that, most black dial watches can easily match with different colors of straps. That's an obvious advantage which I can see. :o)
    And congrats on your new Citizen.
    Hope you can post some pictures soon.
    Cheers....
    Best wishes,
    Snpy.cm

Quote Originally Posted by lio View Post
    I think that our opinion at this point doesn't really matter seeing that you already bought the strap. That said IMHO nylon strap suck big time on watches used in wet environments. There is a reason why dive watches and computers use bracelets or rubber straps. Nylon straps become saturated, they stretch, they deform as they dry, and most of all after a few cycles of wet and dry, THEY STINK! the stink part is especially true if you are in an environment where there is a smoker. They absorb that scent and nothing gets it out. Sure they look cool, but imho, they have no business on any watch that is going to go near water.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information