Thread: Citizen Promaster Diver's 200M

Citizen Promaster Diver's 200M

I've recently found this forum, and am enjoying all the knowledgeable posts and the gorgeous pictures. I figure it's time I tried to give a little back, so here are some shots of my everyday watch.

It's a Citizen Promaster diver, quartz, and is a few years old. I don't recall when I bought it, but it was out of production when I did. The case back has the model as 3745-H31501 TA. A Google search on the model number turns up only archive links to a thread on SCWF from 2004.

The watch is very heavy, by my limited experience. It has a unidirectional rotating bezel that's very tight and difficult to get a grip on, so I rarely turn it. The band is comfortable to wear, fitting my wrist well even though it's limited in it's flexibility.

Greg
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Re: Citizen Promaster Diver's 200M

That looks like a solid chunk of metal~Looks awesome!

That's watch build that I truly love most. My everyday watches, and almost all of my watches have that sort of build. Solid! Solid like a tank!

You have very good taste!
    Angelis

The Knight Club
    Love the Knights!

Thanks, Beau8 & Angelis. A "tank" is a good description.

Citizen seems to be using the same case & bracelet design on the BJ2060-58E, but they've probably cut the weight a bit, as that one uses titanium. If only they made it with the blue face mine has--I'd love to upgrade to an automatic or an eco-drive.

Heck yeah! I'd love to see that in an auto.
    Angelis

The Knight Club
    Love the Knights!

Suspended

Nice. Looks like it has a depth sensor. Kinda like an Aqualand in a suit.

Quote Originally Posted by nhoJ View Post
    Looks like it has a depth sensor. Kinda like an Aqualand in a suit.
    Indeed, it does. The long, orange hand doubles as the depth meter in diving mode and the seconds sweep in chrono mode. It's got a 24-hr dial at 9, seconds dial at 6, and a chrono minute dial at 12. It also counts 1/20 seconds in chrono mode. The watch also stores maximum dive depth for recall.

What can you tell me of Aqualands? The SCWF thread I found calls the watch an Aqualand, without the Promaster label, but mine clearly says Promaster on the case back. I'm curious to know more about this little machine.

Thanks,
    Greg

If you do a search on WUS SCF, WUS DWF or SCWF you will find quite some infos about Aqualands. Promaster is a watch line by Citizen. They basically are watches that offer some useful function, subdivided into sea, land, sky. That comprises dive watches, sport chronos and pilots watches. If I'm not mistaken all Aqualands (quartz/ solar quartz watches with depth sensor) are Promasters. Not all Promasters are Aqualands of course. The Promaster logo is two arrows pointing downwards. Aqualands often don't have "'Aqualand" mentioned on the watch (but in the manual). They were the first watches with a built-in depth sensor. They rule! Enjoy yours!

Thanks, swingkid. That explanation helps. I did search for Aqualand as well as Promaster, but didn't put the connection together. What you write makes sense.

I'll have to dig out my manual and see what it has to say. It's been quite a few years!

BTW, from my serial number, 100021, and the explanations I've found on-line it seems my watch was manufactured in October of 2001.

Thread Information