Thread: Citizen Radio Controlled coverage

Citizen Radio Controlled coverage

Hi all,

i am only few steps from buying Citizen AS4020 radio-controlled watch but, as i am located in Belgrade , Serbia , does the signal from Germany reach me? Are there any coverage maps for Citizen radio-controlled watches?

WlayCo

Re: Citizen Radio Controlled coverage

Quote Originally Posted by WlayCo View Post
    Hi all,

i am only few steps from buying Citizen AS4020 radio-controlled watch but, as i am located in Belgrade , Serbia , does the signal from Germany reach me? Are there any coverage maps for Citizen radio-controlled watches?

WlayCo
    Hello. I cannot say for sure if it reaches Belgrade, but I know the radio signal can be picked up on the west coast of Ireland using the Citizen Skyhawk A-T and Chrono-Time A-T watches. Looking at the map, I estimate that Belgrade is probably a bit closer to Germany but I don't know what effect the mountains etc. would have on the signal.

Your Citizen service centre in Serbia should be able to answer the question for you. The following details are from http://www.citizenwatch.jp/network/europe.html:

BOMAR DOO
    Bulevar Mihajla Pupina 1/ III 21 000 Novi Sad, Serbia
    TEL: 63 162 4747
    service@bomar.co.yu

Quote Originally Posted by Trampoline View Post
    Hello. I cannot say for sure if it reaches Belgrade, but I know the radio signal can be picked up on the west coast of Ireland using the Citizen Skyhawk A-T and Chrono-Time A-T watches. Looking at the map, I estimate that Belgrade is probably a bit closer to Germany but I don't know what effect the mountains etc. would have on the signal.

Your Citizen service centre in Serbia should be able to answer the question for you. The following details are from http://www.citizenwatch.jp/network/europe.html:

BOMAR DOO
    Bulevar Mihajla Pupina 1/ III 21 000 Novi Sad, Serbia
    TEL: 63 162 4747
    service@bomar.co.yu
    Hi,

well, thanks for the info and yes, i will try to contact Citizen service center in Serbia andd see if they know. Thank you!

WlayCo

They answered me that whole country is covered but on some local forums , users are saying that it is not true.
    Anyway i bought the watch :)
    http://img6.imageshack.us/g/84327609.jpg/

Thanks'
    WlayCo

Quote Originally Posted by WlayCo View Post
    They answered me that whole country is covered but on some local forums , users are saying that it is not true.
    Anyway i bought the watch :)
    http://img6.imageshack.us/g/84327609.jpg/

Thanks'
    WlayCo

Congratulations for a very interesting watch !!!

You can now test yourself on how the radio sync works - please let us know the results !!!

Keep in mind that most likely the radio sync will only work at night (00:00 to 04:00 AM), with the watch off your hand and near a window - in your case I think ideally one facing north !

Sure, i will test it and let you all know.

Hi all,

i can confirm that you can receive signal in Belgrade. Honestly , you cannot get it on the street , among buildings , but from some just a little high point you can get M - medium signal and everything works just fine. Perfect! :)

Best regards,
    WlayCo

Thread Information