WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Collar and pin?????

10K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  BA1970 
#1 ·
I've just bought a Seiko superior SRP309 but I need to adjust the bracelet which is apparently collar and pin can't find any really clear instructions on how to remove a link(s) does anybody have a link to some instructions or am I best off taking it to a jewellers for £10???

#2 ·
While it is Temping to find a Jeweler to do it for you... you need to find someone you trust... these forums have had several posts about jewelry store people losing the collars and the watch band falling apart.

it is relatively easy to do yourself...

I used this guide when I resized my SRP637 bracelet..

Resizing a Monster Bracelet | How to Resize a Seiko Monster Bracelet | Watch It All About

serveral things.. make sure you work space is clean and watch out for the collars or pins falling make sure where you are working is a place you can find them should they fall... also the collars have a tendency to hang on the pin tool when pushing the pin out... check for that..

up to you really I found it not bad doing myself.. if you do have someone else do it ... make sure they are familiar with the pin and collars and double check the pins/ collars are all present and installed correctly before leaving (and obliviously make sure they give you all the extra pins, collars and links to take with you when they are done.

#6 · (Edited)
If you live in a large metro you could take it to a watchmaker and pay around $10. Just go to google maps, find your city, and type in watchmaker or watch repair.

I had a similar issue and I ended up buying a watch link remover...... and a bunch of straps I didn't need, this, this, and this, as well as a Seiko 5 that was on sale for $47. Plus, having Seiko USA, send me some links w/ pins/collars.... took over an hour on the phone to confirm as the lady was frightened I didn't have the Orange Monster for some reason (I think the bracelet is the same color on both?)

These wus members seem to know what they're doing though.

Best of luck :)

#7 ·
If you do try it yourself There is a pin collar system that the the collar goes in and will stay in one side of the link. The other set up has the collar easily fall out the other side of the link. You have to push on both sides at the same time. You can can feel it seat together. You may need a magnifying glass but if you look close you can see it seat and look at another link to see if its the same. Took me a min but i just adjusted my srp775.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
That was a mistake can't get the bracelet stay together at this rate I'll never get my beloved orange monster on my wrist😬😬 Might send it to Seiko for my own piece of mind
I read that someone recommended holding the collar in the far side of the link in with the point of a ball point pen as you push the link pin in from the other side. Might be worth a shot.

Good luck.

#14 ·
As you plan to mention it to them I would have no qualms about taking it to them to work on. It's not a hard job it's just that so many jewellers seem to be inept. Beaverbrooks are a high end jeweller and have a reputation to take care of. Take some good photos of the bracelet before you take it in - just to be on the safe side but sizing a Seiko bracelet is not all that difficult - I've sized loads and not marked a one so it should be child's play for their technician.

#16 ·
this might not help at all... but a while back, i had a monster and struggled just like you guys... but i found out the metal collar on the tip of mechanical pencils is identical to the collar... so what i did was, after inserting the pin, i would put the collar on one end, holding it inside with the tip of the mechanical pencil as I pushed the pin in. you can definitely feel the "positive" click when it's seated properly.

i think the Seiko tool is like $100 so not really a solution to the problem unless you plan on sizing tons of seiko bracelets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.