Contacting COA (Citizen Watch Company of America) - Page 3
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Contacting COA (Citizen Watch Company of America)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    w2hef@msn.com

Re: Contacting COA (Citizen Watch Company of America)

Grand Complication: 3:10am 1/21.

OK...l just woke up.. It's 3:10 here in Clarence, NY.... My watch (on my wrist)... is 2:15...........it's lost time. I'm really pissed.

The repeater says: 2:03..........the dial says 2:15.

This is absoulety crazy...

w2hef@msn.com

OK... this is absolutely crazy... I need to know what to do... I plan on going to the AD, Watch World, 14150 as soon as it opens this morning. I got the watch back this past monday late afternoon from the AD. AD said that Citizen said the watch is fine and checked out.

Last night:

OK...l woke up at 3:10 am EST, here in Clarence, NY.... My watch (on my wrist)... is 2:15...........it's lost time. I'm really pissed.

This is absoulety crazy... I have been no where near any electromagnetic equipment either... Just normal wear.

COULD someone please call the AD and authorize a return/different watch or my money back..

Howard Feller

Quote Originally Posted by w2hef@msn.com View Post
    Grand Complication sent into Citizen and received 6th Jan. From Watch World.

Dear Citizen Management.!!!

I wish you would please look into this... this watch lost time on me and the AD, Watch World, Tonawanda, NY 14150 sent it in for diagnostic of which it did not show any problems... But this watch DID lose 40 minutes on me... I have plenty of watches, low end and high end that have never done this.. How am I supposed to rely on this watch... don't get me wrong I absolutely love the watch, but am I really going to have to check the watch every 15 minutes. What if i get the watch back, and it does this again.? Could it be my body mechanics,,, my environment? I don't know. But other watches that I own have never failed.

In my email correspondence with Citizen they are saying take this up with the AD... The AD is saying no refund or different watch, you'll have to talk to Citizen about it.

I'm one frustrated customer. Howard
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

w2hef@msn.com

Re: NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER.... please respond.

I went back this morning to watch world, 1248 N.Falls Blvd, Tonawanda, NY 14150... The AD (Mike) told me absolutely NO REFUND or other watch!

He said he needs to send it back to CITIZEN again... I am not a happy camper right now with this whole process. I'm a mid 50's professional, and i'm being treated like I AM LYING.... In fact Mike looked perturbed about this whole thing and insisted the watch was fine. I don't like this one bit. Could someone from CITIZEN please call me 716-706-9535. This is my cell phone.

Howard Feller

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by w2hef@msn.com View Post
    OK... this is absolutely crazy... I need to know what to do... I plan on going to the AD, Watch World, 14150 as soon as it opens this morning. I got the watch back this past monday late afternoon from the AD. AD said that Citizen said the watch is fine and checked out.

Last night: 1/21/2010

OK...l woke up at 3:10 am EST, here in Clarence, NY.... My watch (on my wrist)... is 2:15...........it's lost time. I'm really pissed.

This is absoulety crazy... I have been no where near any electromagnetic equipment either... Just normal wear.

COULD someone please call the AD and authorize a return/different watch or my money back..

Howard Feller

w2hef@msn.com

Thanks to Citizen for a personal call from one of their representatives this afternoon... We have and understanding that I will mail the watch back and a new one will be dispatched...

Thanks to citizen i have a new Grand Complication now... got it this past tuesday and it's running great so far.

Citizen's customer service is TOP NOTCH!
    Thanks, Howie

Citizen Grand Complication 02E
    Citizen Pilot Chrono GN-4-S
    Tag Heuer Chrono ch1150
    Lum-tec B2 - what a beauty.
    Lum-tec BULL45 A4
    Lum-tec M11
    Manbushiije Pam Power Reserve
    Invicta Russian Diver Quinator
    Lord Elgin 14k
    Tissot High T Spot Watch
    Suunto Advisor
    Suunto X6-HR
    Seiko Orange Monster
    Seiko SDBC007 Titanium - on wish list!
    Seiko SQ 100
    Seiko Green Dial Self Winding(circa 60)
    Gruen Swiss GSM041
    Hidden Content
    You took an oath, there's no retiring from this! - Tony Soprano

Well... how things change quickly... I was fine with the watch until i went to pull the crown out for daylight savings... Read below my frustration with Citizen and this watch. This is on a new purchase of a Citizen Grand Complication(hand made watch).

------------------------------------------------------------
    OK... update on the grand complication as of today... The watch has worked perfect since feb 2010 when Citizen sent me a new one finally... However, when i went to make the change to day light savings time, the crown would not come out.. I could not pull it out 1 or even 2 clicks... I tried and tried... didn't work... then i gave it a little tug with my fingernail, and the whole crown came right OUT of the watch and stuck me in my forefinger. I pushed it back in, and it works now... however, holy cow... i've never had a crown come out before. i've got tags, seikos, lum-tecs, invictas... etc... now what do i do.. .is it waterproof after that came out?
    So, i contacted CITIZEN... and they said, send it back but because you pulled the crown out it's going to COST YOU as the crown is NOT under warranty!..remember i bought this new in dec 2009 and supposedly this is my 3rd one. So let's see, i went back and back to the AD 5 times, payed 40.00 to send it to citizen and now they still want to gouge me....
    Great ending to this isn't it? First watch didn't work it lost time and repeater out of wack. .AD probably lied to me and gave me the first watch back saying here's a new one..that one lost time too! Then back to citizen who claims there's nothing wrong with the watch after testing it, but sends me a NEW one... Everything working perfect except the crown coming out at daylight savings time change.. I thought the customer is always right, but forget that...
    This is not a cheap watch... this watch has now cost me around 1400.00 usd with the back and forth time, and shipping costs to citizen.. The AD wants nothing to do with me, and either does Citizen.
    I am not a happy guys right now... my wife who also is a professional says, cut your losses and move on.
    regards , howie (now combat)... was w2hef..........

Quote Originally Posted by Combat View Post
    Thanks to citizen i have a new Grand Complication now... got it this past tuesday and it's running great so far.

Citizen's customer service is TOP NOTCH!
    Thanks, Howie

Tag Heuer Chrono ch1150
    Lum-tec BULL45 A4
    Lum-tec M11
    Lord Elgin 14k
    Tissot High T Spot Watch
    Suunto Advisor
    Suunto X6-HR
    Seiko Orange Monster
    Seiko SQ 100
    Gruen Swiss GSM041
    Hidden Content

I'm really not sure why this is still being discussed on this thread, since Citizen has stated that they are infrequent participants here. While I can understand your frustration with all the ongoing issues, I would think that dealing with someone at Citizen directly (possibly the person who called you before) would be more productive.

It seems to me that your AD repeatedly dropped the ball on this one, but Citizen actually did the right thing and came through with a new watch. It's unfortunate that the new one has this issue with the crown, but that's really a separate matter from the problems you had dealing with your AD getting the first one exchanged. While it's certainly understandable that you're ticked off (I would be too), I don't think Citizen is being unreasonable about the crown. They have no way of knowing whether you mistreated the watch and caused the crown to come out, or whether it was some other issue. It's likely not a major problem, but I can see why they won't commit to fixing this on their dime because they have no way of knowing what they're dealing with. If it were me, I'd bite the bullet and send the thing in to get an estimate of what the repair would cost. It's too expensive of a watch to "cut your losses" IMHO. If Citizen comes back with a steep repair bill you can cross that bridge then, but my gut tells me that it's probably not a big deal. And I would send the watch to Citizen myself, not through the dealer who you've had all the trouble with. It also couldn't hurt to put a letter in with the watch explaining all that has happened up to this point. It's been my experience that COA is very reasonable about such matters, and I've even had repairs done for free that were not supposed to be covered under warranty. I don't think it's fair to say that they're trying to "gouge" you until you get some more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Combat View Post
    Well... how things change quickly... I was fine with the watch until i went to pull the crown out for daylight savings... Read below my frustration with Citizen and this watch. This is on a new purchase of a Citizen Grand Complication(hand made watch).

------------------------------------------------------------
    OK... update on the grand complication as of today... The watch has worked perfect since feb 2010 when Citizen sent me a new one finally... However, when i went to make the change to day light savings time, the crown would not come out.. I could not pull it out 1 or even 2 clicks... I tried and tried... didn't work... then i gave it a little tug with my fingernail, and the whole crown came right OUT of the watch and stuck me in my forefinger. I pushed it back in, and it works now... however, holy cow... i've never had a crown come out before. i've got tags, seikos, lum-tecs, invictas... etc... now what do i do.. .is it waterproof after that came out?
    So, i contacted CITIZEN... and they said, send it back but because you pulled the crown out it's going to COST YOU as the crown is NOT under warranty!..remember i bought this new in dec 2009 and supposedly this is my 3rd one. So let's see, i went back and back to the AD 5 times, payed 40.00 to send it to citizen and now they still want to gouge me....
    Great ending to this isn't it? First watch didn't work it lost time and repeater out of wack. .AD probably lied to me and gave me the first watch back saying here's a new one..that one lost time too! Then back to citizen who claims there's nothing wrong with the watch after testing it, but sends me a NEW one... Everything working perfect except the crown coming out at daylight savings time change.. I thought the customer is always right, but forget that...
    This is not a cheap watch... this watch has now cost me around 1400.00 usd with the back and forth time, and shipping costs to citizen.. The AD wants nothing to do with me, and either does Citizen.
    I am not a happy guys right now... my wife who also is a professional says, cut your losses and move on.
    regards , howie (now combat)... was w2hef..........
    Regards,

Gabe

Quote Originally Posted by OnTimeGabe View Post
    I'm really not sure why this is still being discussed on this thread, since Citizen has stated that they are infrequent participants here. While I can understand your frustration with all the ongoing issues, I would think that dealing with someone at Citizen directly (possibly the person who called you before) would be more productive.

It seems to me that your AD repeatedly dropped the ball on this one, but Citizen actually did the right thing and came through with a new watch. It's unfortunate that the new one has this issue with the crown, but that's really a separate matter from the problems you had dealing with your AD getting the first one exchanged. While it's certainly understandable that you're ticked off (I would be too), I don't think Citizen is being unreasonable about the crown. They have no way of knowing whether you mistreated the watch and caused the crown to come out, or whether it was some other issue. It's likely not a major problem, but I can see why they won't commit to fixing this on their dime because they have no way of knowing what they're dealing with. If it were me, I'd bite the bullet and send the thing in to get an estimate of what the repair would cost. It's too expensive of a watch to "cut your losses" IMHO. If Citizen comes back with a steep repair bill you can cross that bridge then, but my gut tells me that it's probably not a big deal. And I would send the watch to Citizen myself, not through the dealer who you've had all the trouble with. It also couldn't hurt to put a letter in with the watch explaining all that has happened up to this point. It's been my experience that COA is very reasonable about such matters, and I've even had repairs done for free that were not supposed to be covered under warranty. I don't think it's fair to say that they're trying to "gouge" you until you get some more information.

Gabe, thank your for your comments... Certainly this has been discussed enough here and will not be discussed anymore... I dropped a lot of money for this watch... Considering what I've been through with it, and the fact that it is only 3 months old, CITIZEN should not be charging me any money to fix it... it cost 25-40 just to ship it insure to CA.. And I've already been back and forth the the AD 5 times, and spent $40. already sending it... And WHEN does a crown come out of a watch... You can see my list of watches, never has that happened.

This will be my last post here.

Oh, and by the way, I've been dealing with Phil at Citizen directly all this time... His stance on paying for the repairs is what has me furious.
    vwguy60 likes this.
    Thanks, Howie

Tag Heuer Chrono ch1150
    Lum-tec BULL45 A4
    Lum-tec M11
    Lord Elgin 14k
    Tissot High T Spot Watch
    Suunto Advisor
    Suunto X6-HR
    Seiko Orange Monster
    Seiko SQ 100
    Gruen Swiss GSM041
    Hidden Content

Hi,

I have sort of a random question about a watch I just bought.
    It is an Air Diver Eco Drive Promaster PMX56-2811.
    This watch used to be made and labeled with "Duratect".
    The newer watches are the same except the back of the case no longer says "Duratect". I was told that Citizen did not want to label this watch with the Duractect label any longer since the bezel was aluminium, but that the rest of the watch was still Duratect coated.
    Could you please confirm?

Thanks for your presence on this forum!
    My first watch was a Citizen when I was 15 & free diving and I have been a Citizen man since!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by citizenwatchco View Post
    Thank you for allowing us to participate in your forum. We appreciate the opportunity.

We are however receiving an increasing number of "PM's" with product or other questions. While certainly this is a viable method of contact, it may take us some time to respond as our participation varies from consistent to very sporadic at best. For that reason, we recommend you direct your questions to us through our email address at:

customerservice_usATcitizenwatch.com
    (please replace the "AT" with "@". We posted the address in this fashion to minimize search engines picking our email address up for spammers)

We realize that many of you purchase product for distribution outside the United States. While we do our best to answer your questions regarding this product, we simply do not have much of the requested information available for this type of product. For that reason, you may be better served to contact a service center in the market for which the product was intended. For a complete listing of worldwide Authorized Service Centers, please visit:

http://www.citizenwatch.jp/network/index.html

For a listing of worldwide websites, please visit:

http://www.citizenwatch.jp/

For setting instructions in a variety of languages, please visit:
    http://www.citizenwatch.jp/support/default.htm

Again, thank you for allowing us to participate in your forum.

Best regards,

Customer Service
    Citizen Watch Company of America

FYI - I contacted COA today via email and was responded back to in 5 minutes. Warranty questions answered, and found out this bit of info that might be helpful (forgive me if this is common knowledge).....

"... the warranty will only apply if it is purchased from an authorized dealer. As such, if you purchase the watch from an individual secondhand, the warranty will not apply."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information