Contacting COA (Citizen Watch Company of America) - Page 4
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Contacting COA (Citizen Watch Company of America)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Contacting COA (Citizen Watch Company of America)

Citizen Battery Problem - Help!!

I was recently offered an old Citizen Promaster model number AL0004-03E. It was very cheap but I was told it had sat in a drawer for years and wasn't working. I thought it was probably just a dead battery so I bought the watch. I popped into the local watch shop for a battery and the shop assistant opened it up to find there was no battery in it so couldn't fit an exact replacement without a reference number.

This is the same watch CITIZEN Aqualand Promaster Analog Depth meter AL0004-03E 200 m diver watch NSN 6645-99-219-3069 RARE (: markhitcom :)

Could you tell me which battery fits this watch.

Thanks in advance.
    Omega Planet Ocean 45mm
    Breitling Avenger Seawolf Ti
    Hamilton Khaki Below Zero H785850
    Citizen Promaster AL0004-03E
    Citizen Promaster Chrongraph AY5024-07W
    Kirby Morgan 1000 Metre
    Suunto Spyder
    Casio G-Shock Green Jelly WCCS DW-9600WC-3BT

Citizen Battery Problem - Help!!
    I was recently offered an old Citizen Promaster model number AL0004-03E. It was very cheap but I was told it had sat in a drawer for years and wasn't working. I thought it was probably just a dead battery so I bought the watch. I popped into the local watch shop for a battery and the shop assistant opened it up to find there was no battery in it so couldn't fit an exact replacement without a reference number.

This is the same watch CITIZEN Aqualand Promaster Analog Depth meter AL0004-03E 200 m diver watch NSN 6645-99-219-3069 RARE (: markhitcom :)

Could you tell me which battery fits this watch.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Mr Sandman; January 10th, 2011 at 15:12.
    Omega Planet Ocean 45mm
    Breitling Avenger Seawolf Ti
    Hamilton Khaki Below Zero H785850
    Citizen Promaster AL0004-03E
    Citizen Promaster Chrongraph AY5024-07W
    Kirby Morgan 1000 Metre
    Suunto Spyder
    Casio G-Shock Green Jelly WCCS DW-9600WC-3BT

Thank you,

Umm not for nothing but aren't you suppose to screw down the crown of a waterproof
    watch instead of pulling it?

Quote Originally Posted by steed68 View Post
    Umm not for nothing but aren't you suppose to screw down the crown of a waterproof
    watch instead of pulling it?

On the Grand Complication, the crown pulls out -- 2 positions.
    Hidden Content (It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin') --"That's the story, folks---glad we could get together" -- JCS

Just my two cents worth: I bought a 3RD GEN Skyhawk after being so impressed with my 2ND GEN Skyhawk. For some reason it was just changing time (analog time, digital was spot-on) by itself, ranging from a little slow (1-2 minutes) to running hours faster at a time. No, it had nothing to do with the A-T, that worked, reset, and functioned manually with no issues. Sometimes it would do it right away, other times it would keep perfect time for days. I live in the Atlanta area and was pleased to find the Citizen Regional Service Center was within driving distance and I could drop it off. Drove over, and the manager, Mitch was gracious and helpful to a fault.! We talked watches for nearly an hour, and he was astounded to learn of my plight. He actually kind laughed at me with that "poor fellow" look as we tried to figure what the deal was. Left the watch, and then remembered some other funky stuff it was doing and called Mitch back. He told me he was doing observation on the watch and he saw it make the movement with his own two eyes. I had never SEEN the watch move, I just would notice that it had. He in turn reported this to COA, and they asked for the watch to be shipped there. When I learned this, I had mixed emotions. I KNEW the watch was in the right place to be repaired but worried about the time frame since I bought the watch to wear and did not wish to be without it for too long. Within a matter of DAYS, COA contacted me and informed me the watch was serviced, repaired and that the movement was completely swapped out and was now running fine. It will be returned to me tomorrow, which makes this whole episode a whopping 2-3 weeks total.! I am impressed because I have waited longer than that just to have a watch inspected and cleaned by competent local professionals. Thank you, COA.! Love my Skyhawks.!
    Last edited by mag1119; June 4th, 2012 at 16:54.

I have a bit of a problem, I was out shopping and did not have my reading glasses with me, ran across an eco-drive that I liked at a jewelry store, I went ahead and bought it, when I got home i noticed that the band was missing a pin between a couple of links, I took it back to exchange it on my way home from work the following day, they refused to exchange it and told me all sales are final.
    Okay, I know not to ever support that shop again, anyway i took it to another jeweler and they repaired the band for me.

Now I am having a problem with the Chrono not re-setting to zero, I go thought the procedure and set it back to zero, but within a few hours it is off again :(

I have always had good luck with citizen in the past, I have a feeling that the store sold me a used or returned watch. is there anyway to tell if this was a used watch?

I contacted Citizen and got all the directions to mail it back, but man on top of everything else now I have to pay to send this thing in UPS?

guess they dont monitor this site anymore, oh well

They may or may not monitor this site, but COA's service is faultless. I emailed them for some parts for my Promaster, and got a reply within a few hours (I live on the other side of world)... and they were prompt in dispatching the required parts too, despite the complication(s) of having to export the parts from the US.

Thanks .............

and maybe you could be of some help. I am a longtime Citizen supporter who has just
    bought both models (black and Steel) of the Citizen Proximity Bluetooth Watch.

They both connect (Pair) initially and then immediately lose the connection and then no matter
    what I do will not reconnect. The scan button just spins and spins as if its looking for
    the Watch.

I've gone through every instruction manual and worked directly with the dealer and all
    of the tries and fixes haven't worked. I know you're experiencing problems with this model,
    but if you can shed any light on how to get them to work it would be appreciated.

Right now, it's just an interesting concept that FAILS totally upon execution.

Thank you

Kurt Behm

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information