WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

CreationWatches VS LongIslandWatch

29K views 60 replies 43 participants last post by  johnMcKlane 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
going to purchase an orange monster today. Ive narrowed it down to two websites. Creation Watches has the OM for $195 including shipping and handling. On the other hand, LongIslandWatches has it for $180 and it's $21 for shipping. So it's about the same price, but I'm more concerned about service.

Anyone have experience buying from these websites and have any feedback please let me know before I make my decision. Also, they would not sell fake models would they?

Thank you!!:-!

#33 ·
My first Creation purchase, the black Baby Monster I mentioned above back in January came in three days. Ordered on a Saturday and arrived on Tuesday at noon. I ordered a Black Monster from them on Tues April 12th but for some reason it didn't ship until Thursday night so instead of getting it on the Friday I didn't get it until the following Mon April 18th. No big deal but it was torture waiting the whole weekend!

#35 ·
Hey guys, just to say, I love this forum and have been checking it for a while now, so I decided to finally register and this is my first post ! :) I'm a 21 year old student and have decided to finally indulge my fetish and start my watch collection with either the Seiko SNA411 or the SNA225...it's still a hard decision, cause the yellow chrono hand on the SNA411 bothers me a bit but Im thinking of pulling the trigger on the SNA411 today !

Anywayy..I'm probably getting it from creationwatches.com and i've only read brilliant reviews so far. My question is; should i take the free shipping option (they have free shipping to where I am) or fedex for an extra 13 euros ? Ive read some forum members that had extra fees charged for customs by FedEx, and some who haven't, so isn't that a bit of a gamble ? I assume all of you in this thread who've said they got it in 3 days payed for the express shipping right ?

Cheers

#39 ·
Cengo...Greetings Mate !!!
I'm sure you won't regret buying from Creation Watches. Like what the others said, both LIW and CW are dependable sellers.

The Casios should last you many many years of enjoyment....whether G-Shocks or Edifice, etc...they're tough as nails.

Post some pictures...:-!

#40 · (Edited)
I have made several purchases from long island watch and I feel I can give you the the good and the bad. I'll start with the bad. You may have a restocking fee for a return which is a bummer. That's about it for the bad. Otherwise you're getting, a guaranteed new condition watch, with great shipping times, and great communication. I've had several different unusual requests that have been anwered promptly and with honesty. Unlike Amazon, Every purchase I've made with Island Watch has been a flawless one with each watch in perfect condition. I will not hesitate to use them again in the future as long as they continue their good reputation for customer service. Thanks Marc!

#43 · (Edited)
Long Island Watch:

I placed an order 4/26/11 in the early morning like 9:30 AM and paid $26.50 for shipping and they shipped late in the afternoon 4/27/11, but it's not here yet. I thought I paid for an express mail, but I guess not. $26.50 for priority mail? :think:

- Hiro

UPDATE: The watch actually left there 4/28/11 and arrived safely. So, all good.

#44 ·
Is this normal ? Ordered a SBDC005 from Creation last Thursday. Did receive an order conformation same day, After several days of checking order status showing "Processing3" i emailed asking when my order would ship with no response, after sending 3 request. On the 3rd request asking for a refund i did get a response back stating that this watch was been sent directly from their Japan office and would take about 8 more days to ship ??? everything i have read here seems to be all postive for Creation both in communication and fast shipping...... so my question is, am i jumping the gun to request a refund and take my business elsewhere or is this just normal for a Japan model watch ordered through Creation ??

#46 ·
Here's my Fedex tracking from Creations in Singapore to my door in TO. 5 business days isn't so bad. Plus it was free shipping! Oh and no customs fee either.:-!

May 6, 2011 2:05 PM
Delivered

TORONTO, ON

May 6, 2011 9:38 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
SCARBOROUGH, ON

May 6, 2011 9:18 AM
At local FedEx facility
SCARBOROUGH, ON

May 6, 2011 7:20 AM
Int'l shipment release
MISSISSAUGA, ON

May 6, 2011 6:48 AM
At dest sort facility
MISSISSAUGA, ON

May 6, 2011 1:31 AM
Departed FedEx location
MEMPHIS, TN

May 5, 2011 3:17 PM
In transit
MEMPHIS, TN

May 5, 2011 12:42 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
MEMPHIS, TN

May 5, 2011 11:03 AM
In transit
MISSISSAUGA, ON
Package to be cleared by FedEx broker

May 5, 2011 7:13 AM
Departed FedEx location
OAKLAND, CA

May 4, 2011 10:53 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
OAKLAND, CA

May 5, 2011 5:58 AM
In transit
SENNAN-SHI JP

May 5, 2011 2:11 AM
At local FedEx facility
SENNAN-SHI JP

May 4, 2011 6:48 PM
In transit
SINGAPORE SG

May 4, 2011 6:48 PM
In transit
SINGAPORE SG

May 4, 2011 6:21 PM
In transit
SINGAPORE SG

May 4, 2011 4:04 PM
Left FedEx origin facility
SINGAPORE SG

May 4, 2011 2:37 PM
Picked up
SINGAPORE SG

May 2, 2011 12:35 AM
Shipment information sent to FedEx​

#47 ·
Here's my Fedex tracking from Creations in Singapore to my door in TO. 5 business days isn't so bad. Plus it was free shipping! Oh and no customs fee either.:-! ...​

Hey Chewy, congrats on your new watch! What'd you get? Keep a lookout for a Fed Ex invoice in the mail some time. If I recall correctly I got a customs invoice from them several weeks later for my Baby Monster that I ordered from Creation.
I just ordered a Black Monster from them a few weeks ago so I'm expecting another invoice soon. To me it's no biggie because it's still a great price, besides the fact that I've never seen a store here selling any Monsters.​

#48 ·
Oh really!:-( It's ok. How much was the invoice for? If you don't mind me asking. I hope it's not too much. But yeah it's still a great price.|> I got the orange FrankenMonster by the way. And my next purchase would probably be the black Stargate.:p So it's time to start saving up.

And thanks for heads up on the Fedex invoice. I really appreciate it. At least I won't be surprised when it comes.

Cheers!

#50 ·
Sorry to bump an old thread, but has anyone had to rma/exchange a watch with creationwatches?

I am debating on getting an SKX from one of these sites, and it seems creation has cheaper prices. My only concern is if I need to make a return, not sure how much it would cost to ship from the US to Singapore, but I am assuming it will be more than the $20 price difference?

What do you guys think?

#51 ·
Sorry to bump an old thread, but has anyone had to rma/exchange a watch with creationwatches?

I am debating on getting an SKX from one of these sites, and it seems creation has cheaper prices. My only concern is if I need to make a return, not sure how much it would cost to ship from the US to Singapore, but I am assuming it will be more than the $20 price difference?

What do you guys think?
Hey Corona, if it's any reassurance, I've bought three Seikos from Creation since January 2011:
Seiko 5 Sport Model SNZF53K1 (Black Neo Monster)
Seiko Black Monster Model # SKX779K
Seiko 5 Sport Model SNZF47K1 (Stainless Steel Neo Monster)
I alternate between the two Neo Monsters daily, and wear the original Black Monster more on special occasions, and have had no issues with any of them.

#53 ·
I have bought a few times from Creationwatches, Islandwatch & Skywatches. Overall, in terms of pricing, shipping costs, efficiency & enquiry responsiveness, I would rank them in this order:
1) Creationwatches,
2) LongIsland,
3) Skywatches.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

#57 ·
If you are in the US I would recommend supporting the US based seller - longislandwatch.com

#59 ·
I know this thread is about 7 years old but thought I would respond based on this recent post. Have ordered watches from Creation and Long Island but preferred LIW due to being based in the US and his quick response to emails. I ordered several Seiko's from LIW before I received one (SKX009) that had the worst chapter ring misalignment I've ever seen. The box it came in was beat up and it didn't have the owner manual leading me to believe it had possibly already been returned.

I emailed Marc about exchanging it with another SKX009 and he said he would refund me for it but not exchange it and that he would prefer I not buy anymore watches from him.

I dont know why he made such a big deal about it and I wasn't even asking for a refund, just an exchange but I ended up keeping the watch and sending it to Duarte to realign the bezel instead of dealing with Marc. He said something about customers who complain about bezel and chapter ring alignment are never satisfied. After I reminded him I had already bought several watches from him, was satisfied and owned other watches with alignment issues.

Needless to say, I won't buy another watch from LIW or any other business that tells me not to buy from them again when I try to exchange a defective product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.