WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

CreationWatches VS LongIslandWatch

29K views 60 replies 43 participants last post by  johnMcKlane 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
going to purchase an orange monster today. Ive narrowed it down to two websites. Creation Watches has the OM for $195 including shipping and handling. On the other hand, LongIslandWatches has it for $180 and it's $21 for shipping. So it's about the same price, but I'm more concerned about service.

Anyone have experience buying from these websites and have any feedback please let me know before I make my decision. Also, they would not sell fake models would they?

Thank you!!:-!

#7 ·
I've not dealt with CreationWatches. I can tell you that Marc at LongIslandWatch is a good guy to deal with. I had questions about a watch, on a sunday evening,
and he sent me a couple emails, with cell phone pics! I've bought 3 or 4 watches from him and will again.

#15 ·
I ordered an 007 from LIW on the 18th (Saturday) and had it in western Canada on the 24th. No extra duties to pay, watch, extra strap and toolkit I ordered all 100%. Cannot beat that with a stick, will be a repeat customer of Long Island in the future.

#19 ·
I just pulled the trigger on a Citizen (first) the other night and I checked at least 5 of the 'reputable' dealers people have come to known and like. I compared availability and price and LIW didn't even have what I wanted. What resulted was my second purchase from Creation.

#20 ·
Never dealt with Long Island, but last year I bought an SKX007 from Creation Watches.
Communication was excellent, they responded to my questions within hours, and shipping to the UK was painless and quick. Would definitely use again.

Be aware that the warranty is their own, not Seiko's.

#22 · (Edited)
I just ordered a Seiko 5 Sports, model SNZF53K1 (the all black model) from Creation on Saturday and the FedEx website shows that as of this morning it's in my city being cleared by the FedEx broker. Should get it within the next day or so. The estimated delivery date on the FedEx site is for Wednesday but there have been delays due to weather so we'll see.
I happened on the Creation site by chance while Googling this particular watch for reviews, pics, etc. I was originally looking at Amazon and the Bay to make my purchase from but these guys seem to have the best prices and warranty combination for my needs.

#23 ·
I just ordered a Seiko 5 Sports, model SNZF53K1 (the all black model) from Creation on Saturday and the FedEx website shows that as of this morning it's in my city being cleared by customer. Should get it within the next day or so. The estimated delivery date on the FedEx site is for Wednesday but there have been delays due to weather so we'll see.
I happened on the Creation site by chance while Googling this particular watch for reviews, pics, etc. I was originally looking at Amazon and the Bay to make my purchase from but these guys seem to have the best prices and warranty combination for my needs.
You will be surprise if the white van appear on your driveway tomorrow but that will be a bonus. It will be on time Wedenesday that's for sure, recently experience the fast delivery time of Creation with my Spork last December. BTW you have an awesome watch with that Seiko5 |> :)

#25 ·
creation watches or skywatches?

I m gonna buy a casio one of them but dony know which one to choose.I sent mail 3 times to skywatches but they never responde.Creation watches they did straight away.But creation watches are not authorized dealer because I asked casio they said they are not.Skywatches dont know yet.I just asked to marco groups singapore about them.But whats the point if they are authorized.They cant even answer a (sorry 3) mail.They were very basic,customer questions and I sent them from their web page plus from my mail add but NO ANSWER.Imagine if I buy watch from them might take very long time to have it or what if I have problem with watch?Wait months maybe..Maybe this place doesnt even exist because they dont respond.

#26 ·
creation watches or skywatches?

I m gonna buy a casio one of them but dony know which one to choose.I sent mail 3 times to skywatches but they never responde.Creation watches they did straight away.But creation watches are not authorized dealer because I asked casio they said they are not.Skywatches dont know yet.I just asked to marco groups singapore about them.But whats the point if they are authorized.They cant even answer a (sorry 3) mail.They were very basic,customer questions and I sent them from their web page plus from my mail add but NO ANSWER.Imagine if I buy watch from them might take very long time to have it or what if I have problem with watch?Wait months maybe..Maybe this place doesnt even exist because they dont respond.
where are you located? I've been to skywatches' physical shop here in Singapore so I can tell you that they do exist. No idea on how long they take to respond emails tho.

#28 ·
Seeing Marc at L.I. Watch is a forum sponser i think it would be good to spend our money with someone who supports use here. I bought a spork from him this week and transaction was flawless. First time buyer with him but not for long, a orange monster is going to be on order maybe next month.

#29 ·
I have bought various watches from Creation in the past - very fast, personal service. I would not hesitate to use them again.

cheers.

#30 · (Edited)
I m from Australia.Thats why I said whats the point if they do exist? If they cant even answer basic questions.As a customer we like to be sure the product we buy.I read everything about creation watches,customer reviews etx and nobody complain about them but casio said they are not authorized dealer.So that make customer suspicious about things.We dont know where they get the watches yeah?Might be fake instead of original.So no problem about creation watches except they are not authorized.Skywatches they also have good customer reviews but I dont know yet they are authorized or not? I ask tem few questions but its been a week and still nobody respond my 3 mails.Questions I asked them (below)very basic, a normal customer questions.

1-Are you authorized casio dealer?Do you buy direct from casio itself?Or do you buy watches casios disributors or elsewhere?
2-Product we buy do you send with manual and warranty paper with in the original box etx?Where you import casio watches?i.e. China-japan etx?
3-How many days after I order can I have product in my hands?(Victoria/Australia)
4-What makes PRG 500 watches on your web page original prices much cheaper than Creation watches?(Please check their page for the same product very different price range)
5-Last question is:On your web page there are 4, PRG 500 watches.I read information about them and everything is the same except prices and color difference.For example:

PRG 500 – 1: $333.00 (original price)
PRG 500Y-1DR : $499.00(original price)

Original prices of these 2 watches $166 different.Thats a lot!But all the information is same and they are both resin strap.So what makes the one expensive than the other?Same as prg 500G also different price.

Also anywhere I checked from web pages or even here in Australia PRG 500 T is the most expensive watch than the others.And its perfcetly normal because its titanium band (others resin strap).But on your web page this watch is $59 cheaper than PRG 500Y(original price)but your discount price is same for both.Can you please explain this?What makes PRG 500Y resin strap-expensive than PRG 500 Titanum strap?

So how come they cant even answer these questions?

#37 ·
I m from Australia.Thats why I said whats the point if they do exist? If they cant even answer basic questions.As a customer we like to be sure the product we buy.I read everything about creation watches,customer reviews etx and nobody complain about them but casio said they are not authorized dealer.So that make customer suspicious about things.We dont know where they get the watches yeah?Might be fake instead of original.So no problem about creation watches except they are not authorized.Skywatches they also have good customer reviews but I dont know yet they are authorized or not? I ask tem few questions but its been a week and still nobody respond my 3 mails.Questions I asked them (below)very basic, a normal customer questions.

1-Are you authorized casio dealer?Do you buy direct from casio itself?Or do you buy watches casios disributors or elsewhere?
2-Product we buy do you send with manual and warranty paper with in the original box etx?Where you import casio watches?i.e. China-japan etx?
3-How many days after I order can I have product in my hands?(Victoria/Australia)
4-What makes PRG 500 watches on your web page original prices much cheaper than Creation watches?(Please check their page for the same product very different price range)
5-Last question is:On your web page there are 4, PRG 500 watches.I read information about them and everything is the same except prices and color difference.For example:

PRG 500 - 1: $333.00 (original price)
PRG 500Y-1DR : $499.00(original price)

Original prices of these 2 watches $166 different.Thats a lot!But all the information is same and they are both resin strap.So what makes the one expensive than the other?Same as prg 500G also different price.

Also anywhere I checked from web pages or even here in Australia PRG 500 T is the most expensive watch than the others.And its perfcetly normal because its titanium band (others resin strap).But on your web page this watch is $59 cheaper than PRG 500Y(original price)but your discount price is same for both.Can you please explain this?What makes PRG 500Y resin strap-expensive than PRG 500 Titanum strap?

So how come they cant even answer these questions?
CENGO,

1) You already read the favorable and positive comments about Long Island (LIW) and Creation Watches. Simply stated, if you order from either one of them, you will RECEIVE your watch.

2) If speed of delivery is more important, go with Creation Watches. They use FedEX. The watch will be @your door within the specified time.

3) It seems Skywatch is giving you heartburn for not answering your eMails. Then, for crying out loud, DON'T buy from them. I wouldn't lose sleep over a difference of a few Australian $$$. Go deal with the good guys who'll answer your questions/eMails wthin a reasonable timeframe. As a general rule, if after the first, second, or even a third eMail...no response - - MOVE ON to the next seller!!! Don't sweat the small stuff.

4) If you like CASIO...go to AMAZON. their prices are competitive plus they have good return policies. And you can sleep well at night.

Lastly, once you decide which watch you want to buy, please post some pictures. "Don't worry, Be Happy" !!! :)
Good luck on your purchase.

#32 ·
Old thread.... but, CreationWatches has some superman shipping. I ordered an SKX009 Sunday evening at 10:00pm, the watch arrived at my office 10:00am Tuesday morning - from Singapore to Atlanta, GA. That's 36 hours (1-1/2 days) if my math is correct.

Only issue I could see with Creation is if there is a return needed. Shipping would be very costly I would imagine. Both are WUS sponsors. My SKX is losing about 1 minute a day out of the box - maybe it'll 'break in' or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.