Eco Drive Problems
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Eco Drive Problems

-->
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Eco Drive Problems

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can offer me some advice here as I'm a bit lost. I received a basic analog eco drive watch as a present a few days ago which I believe was fully discharged when I got it out the box. I have been charging it according to the manual - leaving it outside in the full sun for around 7 hours a day and keeping it under a lamp during the night.

I've done this for 3 days now, but the moment I take the watch out full light conditions it stops. I was thinking this was the power saving feature, except that when I then put the watch back into light and it starts ticking again it's lost time and it does not catch it up - it does the erratic tick every 30 seconds which I believe is the time reset advisory.

I have done an all reset on the watch a few times - pull the crown out for 30 seconds and put back in - but no difference.

This is my first solar powered watch so I have no idea what I'm doing! Can anyone offer any suggestions? Is it simply that the watch is still not fully charged after 3 days and these watches don't work properly until they are fully charged?

Thanks all :)

Inactive

Re: Eco Drive Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Averenix View Post
    Hi,

I'm hoping someone can offer me some advice here as I'm a bit lost. I received a basic analog eco drive watch as a present a few days ago which I believe was fully discharged when I got it out the box. I have been charging it according to the manual - leaving it outside in the full sun for around 7 hours a day and keeping it under a lamp during the night.

I've done this for 3 days now, but the moment I take the watch out full light conditions it stops. I was thinking this was the power saving feature, except that when I then put the watch back into light and it starts ticking again it's lost time and it does not catch it up - it does the erratic tick every 30 seconds which I believe is the time reset advisory.

I have done an all reset on the watch a few times - pull the crown out for 30 seconds and put back in - but no difference.

This is my first solar powered watch so I have no idea what I'm doing! Can anyone offer any suggestions? Is it simply that the watch is still not fully charged after 3 days and these watches don't work properly until they are fully charged?

Thanks all :)
    The rechargeable battery has self destructed from being discharged. The solar cell is good because the watch starts up as soon as you expose it to light.
    That battery will have to be replaced I'm afraid

isnt it 7 minutes daily in the sun to keep the full charge? i agree with pawl

Quote Originally Posted by Pawl_Buster View Post
    The rechargeable battery has self destructed from being discharged. The solar cell is good because the watch starts up as soon as you expose it to light.
    That battery will have to be replaced I'm afraid
    Hey Pawl,

That makes complete sense - I will contact the person I bought it off and hopefully get the battery replaced... fingers crossed.

Don't worry too much even if you have to pay for it, the replacement Eco-drive battery is expensive for a battery but not tremendously so: it costs around $20

I have a similar problem.
    Does anyone know if the battery replacement can be done by an AD, or will I have to send it off to the Citizen Service Center?
    TIA
    francobollo

Quote Originally Posted by francobollo View Post
    I have a similar problem.
    Does anyone know if the battery replacement can be done by an AD, or will I have to send it off to the Citizen Service Center?
    TIA
    francobollo

If the AD is equipped for the change of normal batteries there should be no difference. My watch shop has replaced the cell of one of my Seiko Kinetics while I was waiting.

Way south of the border by way of the Equator, in Niteroi - next to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil!

In my case, I have an EcoZilla that died completely. I left it on an undisturbed window sill and traveled abroad for a couple of weeks. When I got back, the watch was dead and it has remained so ever since, irrespective of what I do. I must add that I live next to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

The tip about battery problems X solar cell is of extremely sound sense - kudos to Pawl!
    Cheers,

Marcello GT
    ---------------

From top to bottom, we are now @ 13640 meters deep in watches and still counting!

Cell change on some Eco Drives can occasionally be a bit more involved than a kinetic or standard battery change since the batteries on some models are actually soldered in place.

It's also possible the previous owner did a battery change himself and didn't properly place the new battery in, so it can't store any charge.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information