Gand Seiko trade up for..............nothing

Thread: Gand Seiko trade up for..............nothing

-->

Gand Seiko trade up for..............nothing

Long time lurker in here, and before that I just traded from the bay out of shere boredom, like many blokes watches come and go for about a few months each, until I settled on Seiko as a brand.

But along the way I've bought well and made money, made about 50 dollars on most, $150 on an old Seamaster for example.

Got me thinking, I'm now onto an Alpinist, paid for purely from these 'profits', actually never intended to sell this thought because it was an aim to get to this level. No money in this, its a keeper, but how easy would it be to continue to trade and end up with a Grand Seiko? Could I get there and end up with a Grand for nothing? If so, what models offer best value? I've done well on Seiko divers, they go for silly money in the UK and there seems a never ending stream of buyers for refurbed 6 series, I think I could make it just buying privately in here and then using the auction redmist to help make a profit.

Can it be done, can a Grand Seiko be traded for nothing?
    Last edited by daveya; March 27th, 2010 at 11:47.

Suspended

Re: Gand Seiko trade up for..............nothing

The higher in price you go, the lower the demand. I'd say the 300M Marine Master is your best choice for continued demand and that one has seen a big jump in price in just 1-2 years. Refurbished 6309 and 6105 divers continue to also increase in price to silly levels. Discontinued models also reach silly levels as can be seen with the Samuari.

For Grand Seikos, it is tough to say. There aren't many on the forums and they tend to be sold/traded privately.

In the UK, the demand for s/h Seikos is ridiculous, you can buy one in here and double it on Ebay. Tunas not so much, but the older divers are like easily sellable.

Brand ne Alpinists over here are between 6-900 dollars!

Suspended

What's s/h and where is "here" as in "buy one here and double it on eBay"?

Tuna is another popular one I forgot about.

Quote Originally Posted by nhoJ View Post
    What's s/h and where is "here" as in "buy one here and double it on eBay"?

Tuna is another popular one I forgot about.
    I think its second hand and here as in the sales corner on WUS, just my guess though

Thread Information