WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Grand Seiko SBGW047 reissue of vintage 44GS

3K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  HiggsBoson 
#1 ·
sharing some photos taken last time, the re-issue of 44GS Grand Seiko SBGW047, a simple watch contained with so much detail that would makes you stare and admire, even with and without the loupe

the long second hand

Zaratsu polishing

much detail GS crown

floating GS with nicely painted wording

the "triangle" hand, with brushed on the center and polish on both side surface, making easy to read in any light condition reflected from different angle of light

the beauty of crystal clear glass

reflection-less view

thanks for viewing

See less See more
#9 ·
Great pics - detail I'd not seen before - thanks, Dave. Now I'm going to have to open the safe and put mine on...

#12 ·
nice pics OP. makes me want to bust out my macro lens and shoot my puny little SNK805 and see how it compares in terms of craftwork :-d

#13 ·
thanks all, glad you like it :)

the watch has a very unique "feature", compare with most of watches i had before, this lil piece shine in very special way, the reflection of the watch it self is so perfectly beam, you can see the pix below on how shine it is :)

*pix taken with ipod so may not be very clear, actual reflection is superb bright and sharp

#14 ·
That watch is perfect. Like a major chord perfect. The ancient Greeks would have bowed down before it.

#15 ·
I know this comment is nine months late, but WOW!
Bet they sold out quickly. :roll:
Always late to the party me.

Reactions: Domo
#17 ·
i'm late too but who cares.. phenomenal pics david and domo i think you may be right about the sbgw047.. at first i thought the omega seamaster 300 reissue might be worth liquidating some of the collection for but now i think this could be the way to go, just a magnificent watch.. the trick will be finding the right one at the right time with the right funds.......

#18 ·
I'm going to do my best to locate one.
Wish me luck, I've got a feeling I'm going to need it! :roll:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.