Help me identify my Eco-Drive!

Thread: Help me identify my Eco-Drive!

Help me identify my Eco-Drive!

This is the first "real" watch I ever purchased. I bought it about 8-9 years ago in my second year of University. Can anyone help me identify the model number?

Also, in the last few months it's developed what can only describe as a nervous twitch. The watch keeps good time overall, but the hour hand now has a habit of twitching back and forth as the second hand goes around. Should I be worried about the movement?

:thanks

Re: Help me identify my Eco-Drive!

Wow - 8 or 9 years is a great time period for a relatively inexpensive watch to perform well. My suggestion is to send it in to Citizen and have it overhauled. It's a great looking watch and you've obviously taken care of it. Show it some love! The Citizen folks are great to deal with. They even frequent this forum.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance regarding the model number.

Joe

p.s. I didn't know ecodrives went back that far. I've only been a Citizen collector for a short while.

I googled this very brief history of the Eco-Drive here: http://www.soluhr.com/citizenana1995.htm

I didn't know very much about watches when I got it (still don't), but it the whole solar thing sounded pretty nifty at the time. Also the split second (.05sec) chronograph sounded useful... not that I've really ever needed to time anything to that sort of accuracy.

After picking up the watch bug a couple of months ago I finally got the badly scratched crystal replaced last week, and only just swapped out the original bracelet for a watchadoo this morning. After 8-9 years of wear the orginal started to tear a bit.

Can anyone help me decypher the following numbers on the case back? Does that provide the model number??

0870-H11691 Y GN-4-S

260130 <== I think that's just the serial #

Dive Watches Mod & MaL OnTimeGabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mistakenly View Post
    Can anyone help me decypher the following numbers on the case back? Does that provide the model number??

0870-H11691 Y GN-4-S

260130 <== I think that's just the serial #
    I can't decipher that, but COA visits here sometimes and they might be able to help - especially if that watch was sold in the US. Otherwise you could send an email to Citizen customer service directly.

Nice looking watch, by the way. Glad to see that it's held up so well over the years.
    Regards,

Gabe

I don't know why I didn't ask Citizen before... thanks Gabe.

I got this response about an hour after sending my question to Citizen Watches Australia:

Dear Paul,
    The model of that watch is AP2060-57L. It was released in 99 and then became a discontinued line from 01. Its final RRP was $499

Regards
    Ashley
    Customer Care Sales Support
    Citizen Watches Australia
    Phone: 61 2 9452 7310 Fax: 61 2 9453 9725
    www.citizenwatches.com.au
    It's funny, a simple, informative and prompt e-mail from Citizen can make me reconsider my next watch purchase. Customer service is so important nowadays.

I've got the same watch, but I think I bought mine in 1998. Which does not tie in with what Citizen told you.

I know I bought it on a plane from London to Perth in Australia, duty free. I thought that I paid 330 pounds for it, but it might have been $330

I've never had any problems with mine and never replaced the battery, but like you, I did have to replace the strap.

I'm trying to find a current value for insurance would anyone be able to help with that? I'm not sure that Citizen could help on values of old watches.

The caliber was 0870 and you can see a similar model described at:

Citizen AP 2470 EcoDrive Titanium watch review

I've also got one of these, but i've lost the original end piece off the band, if anyones still got there original band (any condition) with the end piece, i'd be interested in purchasing.

Thread Information