Here's A New One.......SBEE001 Diver - Page 4
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Here's A New One.......SBEE001 Diver

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Here's A New One.......SBEE001 Diver

This one shall be named Phantom Of the Opera, cause it looks like to different halves put together....
    walrusmonger likes this.

edited
    Last edited by TexasTaucher; June 19th, 2017 at 12:36.

love the kanji date, kinda unusual for modern JDM imo.

Thanks for posting those pics!

I have been going back and forth on wether to pick one up or not.

Is the strap pretty thin? I thought I read that in ABTW article some time back.

Nice watch. I've been out of town for work but mine was waiting at the post box when I returned today. Glad I got mine when I did; wanted it when I was a teen but got its digital brother instead.
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 218
Size:  963.0 KB
    So when I read about a reissue on ABTW and saw the picture, I knew that I was in for a fight with my wallet and my common sense. Not the common sense that says "Hey, you don't need another watch." because we all know that is complete b.s., rather the common sense that says "what an impractical...thing that I'll probably never wear, honestly more than a photo op." Well, I searched it out and fancied over my lost youth often to no avail and then one day Seiya popped up and I boogied on over. Click of a button and five days later it had arrived.
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 227
Size:  1.01 MB
    Love the Seiko funky. Always have. And if I could justify this beauty, I would wear the crap out of it...
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  167.5 KB
    I've a sneaky suspicion that Seiko may ultimately release these divers in a myriad of color-ways, much like they did with the reissue sced Ripley's and Bishop's. Anyway, cool enough for me.
    Howa, georgefl74 and UAV-OPS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by xbgen2 View Post
    Awesome! That needs to be called...of course...the Seiko Frogman!!
    Yeah, thought of that too ever since I saw these for the first time. No LED though lol

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
    GTR stands for George The Rabid. Fanboy of COSC (Casio - Orient - Seiko - Citizen, in that order Hidden Content )

I'm starting to like this more the more I see it. First time, I was, "WTF???" now, it's in the "that's funky-kewl" category. The blue is killer. If it comes out in lime green, I won't be able to resist.

The Reinvigorated WishList:
    Ball Marvellight Blue; Doxa/Jenny Reissue (blue); Hamilton Kkaki Field Auto 38mm (black); Limes: Ein Tausand (blue); Mark II Hawkinge; Mido: Multifort 38mm (white); Oris 65/40 gray/blue; Precista PRS-3; Seiko: SARB017; Sinn: 104 I or 104 White; Speedbird GMT

Grail

Seiko MM300

How would you describe the rubber strap? Is it like the older z22 style rubber or more in line with the newer straps?

Seiya just got more stock in and the gf said she loved the blue one, so i went ahead and jumped on it. If we hate, we'll flip it.
    Seiko: MM300/Blumo/Shogun/SKX

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTaucher View Post
    How would you describe the rubber strap? Is it like the older z22 style rubber or more in line with the newer straps?

Seiya just got more stock in and the gf said she loved the blue one, so i went ahead and jumped on it. If we hate, we'll flip it.
    I'd guess the strap is silicone like the newer Tuna straps but with more texture to it. It's very soft and pliable, not stiff at all. It's a super comfy strap and for me (6.75" wrist) it isn't 2" too long like most every Seiko strap I've ever had. I'm quite pleased with it. It would require some trimming but I don't think it would be too difficult, I haven't tried it, to modify another strap like an Iso to fit it, but I'm sticking with stock for now.
    Marrin and TexasTaucher like this.
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 8500 42, Seiko Modern 62MAS SBDC051, Seiko Modern 62Mas Blue SBDC053, Seiko Samurai SRPB55,..........oh, and everybody should own at least one, a G-Shock, mine is the GXW-56-1BJF "The King"!

Sweet thanks!! sounds like it will be a fun watch to have.
    Seiko: MM300/Blumo/Shogun/SKX

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information