how to store eco-drive watches?

Thread: how to store eco-drive watches?

how to store eco-drive watches?

hi i was just wondering what would be the best way to store eco-drive watches i wont be wearing for a while. should i leave them by my window or in the room to keep collecting light and keep working, or is it fine to tuck them away in the dark for a while?

Re: how to store eco-drive watches?

Be aware, sunlight for long time periods can cause serious dial/hand fading.

A full charge should last several months even in total darkness. If it gets any light (even indirect room light) it should keep a charge.

If you want to be sure of a full charge, pull out the crown and put it under a fluorescent desk lamp for a couple of hours once a month.

I only have one. I keep it on the window sill. Had it a year and no problems.
    I think it was in the store where I bought it for at least 2 years sitting in a glass cabinet.
    I give it some direct sunlight occasionally when worn.

My solar watches I either have on my wrist, or sitting in a dullish corner of a room - there they receive a continual low level charge, and I have yet to see any of them display a low power warning (after at least 1 1/2 years or more ownership).

Storing them on a windowsill is only really necessary if you want to quickly charge them - if they show the low power warning then leave them in good light for a day or so to charge back up and give you a decent reserve, otherwise they will happily charge from lower powered light sources - so less chance of overheating and causing problems in the heat from strong sunlight, or risking fading any coloured pieces. Check the manual that came with the watch (or online equivalent) which should give you the minimum charging times needed for a days running.

If you want to store them in a watch box or similar I believe Citizen say they should last some 11 months on a full charge, though storing them this way I would double check the lighting conditions/time tables in the manual and try to give them some light every month or two so as not to let the reserve run too low.

Buy the citizen eco-drive watch box/tray. It has a clear acrylic window on the top that allows any lighting in, while neatly keeping your watch out of danger. Looks great too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
    hi i was just wondering what would be the best way to store eco-drive watches i wont be wearing for a while. should i leave them by my window or in the room to keep collecting light and keep working, or is it fine to tuck them away in the dark for a while?
    Keep it in (daily) light but NOT direct sunlight.

Thread Information