Incoming: Seiko Mini Neo Monster Lite...whatever you want to call it - Page 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Incoming: Seiko Mini Neo Monster Lite...whatever you want to call it

-->
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: Incoming: Seiko Mini Neo Monster Lite...whatever you want to call it

Thank you, NoleenELT! That one was taken a while back so I don't remember all the minute and crazy details about it but you've summed it up well there except that the "flash" in question was probably just a regular lamp or something.

Yeah, that's the only variant in this series that came with the grid pattern textured dial. There's yet a third black-dialed version that's similar to yours save for a black bezel with all white lettering.

I don't quite see the connection between this and the Monster other than the all too common Seiko practice of some shared hands and a similar but not the same bracelet.

To my eyes, this sharp, bold and functional design leaves the convoluted and kinda dated looks of the Monster in the dust...I'll be back with the flame-retardant suit on...

Quote Originally Posted by AirWatch View Post
    I don't quite see the connection between this and the Monster other than the all too common Seiko practice of some shared hands and a similar but not the same bracelet.

To my eyes, this sharp, bold and functional design leaves the convoluted and kinda dated looks of the Monster in the dust...I'll be back with the flame-retardant suit on...
    I see some similarities, but I'm basically using the terminology that I've seen others use. I think the Monster is a really cool watch too, but I've always been a bit curious why that one seems to be the most popular. Seiko makes so many cool Automatics! Even just the neo has so many cool color variations!

By the way, what second language does your day wheel have? Mine looks to be Arabic I think. I was a bit surprised, I thought that they were all Spanish. Either way, I think I'll stick with English!
    Last edited by NoleenELT; August 4th, 2010 at 03:19.

Quote Originally Posted by NoleenELT View Post
    I see some similarities, but I'm basically using the terminology that I've seen others use. I think the Monster is a really cool watch too, but I've always been a bit curious why that one seems to be the most popular. Seiko makes so many cool Automatics! Even just the neo has so many cool color variations!

By the way, what second language does your day wheel have? Mine looks to be Arabic I think. I was a bit surprised, I thought that they were all Spanish. Either way, I think I'll stick with English!
    You're spot-on, Noleen!

Oh, yeah, quite a few but not all "Made in Japan" ones have that funky, what seems to be unreadably miniature Arabic calligraphy.

You just gotta love that, man! Like so at 1:27 a.m....
    Last edited by AirWatch; August 4th, 2010 at 03:42.

I also realized that this watch has 2 more jewels than a "regular" Monster. And we all love more jewels.

Quote Originally Posted by AirWatch View Post
    I'm not sure what his "hmm" meant, but that's not a fake. Congratulations on a great snag!

Here's mine...
    Hi, new guy here but have been lurking for a little while. Sorry to resurrect an ond thread but this is the first time I'm seeing this particular model...SS body with the textured black dial. The only version I'm seeing with that textured dial is the black ion version (model SNZF53K1 I believe). I was looking into getting that black version but after reading about the possible wearing away of the ion finish (I've got a 10 yr old Guess Waterpro with partial black ion which has worn away a bit) I've decided to go with the regular SS version (maybe like the OP's) but would prefer this version with the textured dial for sure. Do you know if this is still available and what model #?

The Guess I'm referring to is the one on the left. Also, is anyone familiar with any of these watches below and can advise how the Neo Monsters compare size-wise? I've got small wrists so don't want to look like I'm wearing a clock!

Thanks!
    Last edited by NaturalMystic; January 14th, 2011 at 04:48.

I haven't seen an all stainless one with a textured dial before. Try searching ebay for "SNZF*" and you should see all the color variations of this watch.

Quote Originally Posted by NoleenELT View Post
    I haven't seen an all stainless one with a textured dial before. Try searching ebay for "SNZF*" and you should see all the color variations of this watch.
    Hi, thanks for the reply. Upon closer examination it looks like AirWatch's watch is the SNZF53K1(textured black dial with black IP bracelet, not stainless steel as I initially thought).
    Yeah I've been searching Amazon and eBay for a few days and think I've found every version available. I passed up on several that were going on ebay - a SNZF45K1 (white face + SS), SNZF49K1 (orange face + SS) and SNZF47K1 (black face on SS with red numbers on bezel). After finding more online pics of the SNZF53K1 and a decent price online I think I'm going to go back to my original decision and get one of these, then maybe an original Black Monster later on.

Good timing on the thread resurrection as I have one of these on the way in white (SNZF45).
    It apears that the F53 is the only one with a waffle dial. I love waffle dials but need to get some non-black watches in the collection so I took a shot on the white. Pricing was good and based on everything I've read the watch looks promising. We'll see...

I've got the ion plated/black one and have had it around 18 months. There's not a single mark on it nor fading of the "coating" and it's one in my collection that gets or has been worn quite often.

They're a fantastci watch for the money and I would take this version over a Monster every day of the week.
    Sorry, but the Monster are just so "meh" and overdone now, they're becoming almost like a Sub or Seamaster. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by ForGoodnessSeiko View Post
    Sorry, but the Monster are just so "meh" and overdone now, they're becoming almost like a Sub or Seamaster. ;)
    Really? I've only ever seen one other person wearing one in the last year since I started looking at these, and it was a small Japanese woman. Other than that, I've only seen one at a Seiko outlet in the case.

I actually sold the watch in question a while ago, I've gone through a few "regular" monsters, and settled on an Orange one as my fav so far. That all black one does look pretty cool though!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information